Hugards encycopedia of card tricks

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby John Carey » 08/17/05 04:24 AM

Hi everyone,

I recently started looking again at this fabulous collection by Jean Hugard and would be interested in knowing favourite items of other forum members from this wonderful book.

C.O Williams card to pocket is a gem in my opinion and I have nice variation/kicker on this by a magician called Tony Faro if anyone is interested

Regards

John
John Carey

Postby jimmycards » 08/17/05 05:33 AM

This is a great book. Along with Scarne on Card Tricks, it was one of the first few books I had when I was young. The impromptu chapter is wonderful and what makes these books great is that after you progress along with sleights, you return to add some sleight of hand back to some of the self-working effects for real stunners.
Jim Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
jimmycards

Postby Guest » 08/17/05 07:01 AM

Originally posted by john carey:
.....and I have nice variation/kicker on this by a magician called Tony Faro if anyone is interested
Decades ago, I worked (as a programmer) with a conjuror called Tony Faro. The same guy? He was in LSM, and (I think) the Magic Circle.

Dave

Postby John Carey » 08/18/05 05:36 AM

Hello there cyber people!

re: c.o williams card to pocket from ect

Tony Faros idea for the repeat was to palm off the whole deck minus the top card(selection) as spectator turns over card on table.

The misdirection is so strong and you finish by pulling out clumps of cards from your pocket and top it off by revealing that there is only one card left in your hand-the selection!

This pre dates 51 cards to pocket by at least 25 years!!

thank you mr tony faro

hope people try this out as it is a lovely addition to the c.o williams effect

Regards

john :)
John Carey

Postby Guest » 08/18/05 11:35 AM

John - tried e-mailing you to ask whether that is the same Tony Faro why I used to know, but your e-address got bounced.

Dave

Postby Dave G » 08/21/05 10:15 AM

Hello John,

was good to work with you again at the Guildhall in Portsmouth...........

Dave
Dave G

Return to Close-Up Magic