$2 dollar bill tear

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Guest » 03/22/03 07:26 AM

hello all.

I was wondering if any of you own ammars $2 bill tear? If so how is it.

Denny

Postby Bill Duncan » 03/22/03 12:44 PM

Denny,

I've been doing the trick on and off for years. It was originally part of Michael's book Encore III. My friend Steve Dobson has a killer presentation for the trick using a twenty and two tens, which is included in the book. I don't know if it's mentioned in the packaged form of the trick.

Please don't be hurt if I offer some advise. I know you are a young person and I think this trick can be difficult for an inexperienced performer. Not because it's hard to do but because it's not examinable and you must have the ability to control your audience so that they don't ask to handle the money or the moment is ruined.

Before you purchase this think about how you would manage the moment so that there's no chance of anyone asking to handle the two dollar bill. Once you have figured that one out you'll be ready to do the trick.
Bill Duncan

Postby Guest » 03/22/03 05:57 PM

ok thanx. maybe i will hold off on buying it then.

Denny

Postby Bill Duncan » 03/22/03 07:02 PM

Denny,
I know that there is a book (I don't know the title) which is a compilation of many of smaller booklets that Mr. Ammar put out earlier in his career. Perhaps someone can post the title and say if it includes the $2 bill tear.

If that's the case I'd strongly recommend the book as a much better value. Making up the gaff is very easy and explained in detail in Encore III. Hopefully his big book contains the explaination.
Bill Duncan

Postby Guest » 03/23/03 07:39 AM

well i know the trick is on his easy to master money miracles, i just saw the single trick for sale on his website. i was just wondering how it was.

Postby Richard Kaufman » 03/23/03 09:19 AM

It's a great trick!
Denny: try using the capital letter key on your keyboard!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Return to Close-Up Magic