Stolen Cards vs. Double Impact

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Guest » 11/21/07 06:53 PM

I read in Genii some months ago David Regal's review of Double Impact. (In case I've neglected to say so here before, I truly value David's excellent reviews.) After reading David's review, and thinking about some presentational material, I decided to add Double Impact to my "things to be purchased" list.

I happened by Tannen's today, and ran into Dave, who works the counter and is really terrific. I asked about Double Impact, which they don't stock and described the effect. He thought about it for a moment, and then pulled out Lennart Green's Stolen Cards, which is highly similar in its effect. It's brilliant yet simple, a beautiful effect, easy to handle and fun to do. I bought it on the spot.

I suspect the methodology behind Double Impact, while I don't know for sure, would highly resemble a Brainwave deck. If I'm correct, I think Stolen Cards has the distinct advantage of ending clean, allowing the closest inspection, while Double Impact probably does not. They run about the same price and, I would suggest, from a layman's point of view, would be virtually indistinguishable. Overall then, I think Dave at Tannen's served me well.

I was wondering if any of you familiar with these effects would agree.

Gary Brown

Return to Close-Up Magic