FFFF

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Gary Freed » 04/29/02 11:31 AM

Just got back from FFFF in Buffalo..Of those of you who were there,what did you feel were the highlights (and lowlights)of the convention?..Performances, effects, etc...
Gary Freed

Postby Richard Kaufman » 04/29/02 06:02 PM

Bob Farmer said it was a good convention, and mentioned Max's roast as a highlight.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby jimmycards » 04/30/02 07:52 AM

Gary,

I would agree about the roast and Max's actual performance on Saturday night. It was great. The foreign performers were also very good. Henry Evans lectures are always very entertaining. He has some very clever ideas. As usual, you tend to see some great stuff in small groups and I witnessed some great magic by David stone, another magician from France. Also, it's always a pleasure to see Mike Gallo perform.
The Saturday night show, a nice blend of comedy and magic.
Overall, was very pleased with the convention. It was my first.
Jim Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
jimmycards

Postby Simon Aronson » 04/30/02 07:54 PM

In addition to those already mentioned, it was a rare treat to watch Bebel, the French street performer, do his amazing card routines. So much magic happens, and just when you think an effect has reached its climax, Bebel adds yet another surprise, as the routine becomes even more magical. Truly a remarkable and unique magician.
Simon Aronson

Postby John Pezzullo » 05/03/02 03:52 AM

Each year, FFFF attendees vote for the convention's MVP, the person who has contributed the most to making the event a success.

Who was voted MVP for this year?
John Pezzullo

Postby Bob Farmer » 05/03/02 04:26 AM

I agree with Simon--Bebel (or is it Babel?) was outstanding. Tim Trono said that Murphy's Magic may be publishing his book.

Let's not forget another smoothie -- Paul Cummins -- his lecture was excellent. Like Bebel, his technique is so smooth.

I love watching and not seeing impeccable technique in service of great tricks (something you'll never see with the fumbled-fingered Blaine).

Let me mention just one other thing that was very weird -- David Oestreicher showed me a color-changing spots-on-card trick that is a variation of a Bob Neale idea. It looked great. He published it in The Minotaur. I can't find the name just now, but DAvid's at Le Magic O@aol.com.
Bob Farmer

Postby Mike Powers » 05/03/02 04:19 PM

I believe that Henry Evans was the MVP at FFFF this year. He's a young guy from Argentina (I think). Perhaps the standout item in his lecture was a Monte type effect with a truly impossible ending. At the end, everything was examinable... wild.

BTW - There are two Bebel items in Channel One Magazine. I can't remember which issue. I think it's the French Magician issue.

Mike Powers
Mike Powers

Postby Mike Powers » 05/03/02 04:21 PM

I believe that Henry Evans was the MVP at FFFF this year. He's a young guy from Argentina (I think). Perhaps the standout item in his lecture was a Monte type effect with a truly impossible ending. At the end, everything was examinable... wild.

BTW - There are two Bebel items in Channel One Magazine. I can't remember which issue. I think it's the French Magician issue.

Mike Powers
Mike Powers

Postby Bob Farmer » 05/03/02 04:50 PM

I have this amazing trick that uses two duplicate posts from Mike Powers. Does anyone know Mike? If you do, could you ask him to do two duplicate posts so I can make the props.
Bob Farmer

Postby Mike Powers » 05/05/02 03:44 PM

Hi Bob,

Great to see you at FFFF. The pictures will be posted in a week or so - REALLY!

Mike
Mike Powers

Postby Mike Powers » 05/05/02 03:45 PM

Hi Bob,

Great to see you at FFFF. The pictures will be posted in a week or so - REALLY!

Mike
Mike Powers

Return to Close-Up Magic