Mystery Packet Tricks

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Andrew Pinard » 02/27/13 03:08 PM

I've been cleaning out my drawers and consolidating my card collection and came across a few pieces that I used to perform (15-20 years ago) and shelved for various reasons. I have forgotten who created the pieces and thought it might make for an interesting contest....

The first person to correctly attribute any one (you do not need to attribute them all) of these and email your mailing address upon confirmation will receive something cheap, flat, handmade and hopefully fun in the mail from me...

Are you ready? Here they are:

1. Eight quarters of two jumbo cards (in this instance, four quarters of a jumbo bike joker and seven of clubs respectively... Likely Useless Hint: I wouldn't want to be caned by someone for mis-remembering this creator.

2. Six card packet trick. From left to right, description of front then back: 9H/blue back, 9H/QS, QS/blue back, Joker/red back, 5H/Joker, 5H/red back.

3. Five card packet trick. From left to right, description of front then back: JC with big black X across the face/JC, JD with big black X across the face/blue back, JS with big black X across the face/blue back, JS/blue back, JH/red back with big black X across the back).

4. Seven card packet trick. From left to right, description of front then back: 9S/RB, 9D/RB, 9H/RB, RB/9C, BB/8D, BB/6H, BB/4C.

BONUS: Full blue deck with one joker and one advertising card (with matching blue back) set thirteenth from the back of the deck. This could be for a clock trick or maybe something I was simply toying with...

Good luck!

Andrew
Last edited by Andrew Pinard on 02/27/13 03:23 PM, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Clarifying a statement...
Andrew Pinard

Postby Brad Henderson » 02/27/13 06:55 PM

trost had a clever trick about marked cards. wondering if the trick with large x's might be that. I may have the instructions somewhere.
Brad Henderson

Postby CarlyByrnes » 03/01/13 04:32 AM

It's is one my favorite tricks, I always used to try this in my family & also with my friends. This trick had made me popular among many peoples.
CarlyByrnes

Postby Andrew Pinard » 03/02/13 09:39 AM

Thanks Brad, would love to hear what you come up with. I went looking through Vol. 1-3 of the H&R volumes and didn't find anything. Now I'll do a flip through the L&L volume...
Andrew Pinard

Postby Andrew Pinard » 03/02/13 10:27 AM

Found Trick-Kards which seems similar but does not use DBs...
Andrew Pinard

Return to Close-Up Magic