Edgy Coin Assembly by Yuji Wada

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Riversky » 01/24/13 10:02 PM

Is there a Youtube version of Yuji Wada routine of the "Edgy Coin Assembly"
Thanks Richard, for the Yuji Wada Video from Genii on line.
Riversky
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 10/31/09 10:27 PM
Location: none

Postby Richard Kaufman » 01/25/13 12:59 AM

No, I shot the video. It is only available on the digital edition of the February issue.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
User avatar
Richard Kaufman
 
Posts: 20714
Joined: 07/18/01 12:00 PM
Location: Washington DC

Postby mrgoat » 01/25/13 08:34 AM

Might be worth doing a 30 second teaser video and submitting it to youtube/daily motion etc with a call to action at the end saying 'see full video only in the digital edition of genii. Click here etc'
mrgoat
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Ted M » 01/25/13 09:46 AM

Yes, showing the effect (only) on YouTube would seem like a great way to promote Genii.

The video for the Dani DaOrtiz effect could also be a great teaser.
Ted M
 
Posts: 581
Joined: 01/24/08 01:00 PM
Location: Madison, WI

Postby mrgoat » 01/25/13 09:51 AM

Ted M wrote:Yes, showing the effect (only) on YouTube would seem like a great way to promote Genii.

The video for the Dani DaOrtiz effect could also be a great teaser.


I should do online marketing for magic

;)
mrgoat
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 01/25/13 10:39 AM

D, what about a "genii frame/logo" to imbed in youtube videos that offers some info about the magazine and site here?
Mundus vult decipi
Jonathan Townsend
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Westchester, NY

Postby mrgoat » 01/25/13 11:04 AM

Jonathan Townsend wrote:D, what about a "genii frame/logo" to imbed in youtube videos that offers some info about the magazine and site here?


Yes, a lower third ad over the video would work perfectly. Also you can link to this site in the description of the video. More inbound links to your site == good.
mrgoat
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Richard Kaufman » 01/25/13 11:32 AM

Damian, I like your ideas. :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
User avatar
Richard Kaufman
 
Posts: 20714
Joined: 07/18/01 12:00 PM
Location: Washington DC

Postby mrgoat » 01/25/13 11:40 AM

Richard Kaufman wrote:Damian, I like your ideas. :)


:)

You also would push the videos via facebook, twitter, email etc.

Obviously I can help you do all that, email me if you fancy trying it. We can measure it, do it as an experiment and if it works, well, then we can make it a regular thing. (I can recut the video and add the lower third too).
mrgoat
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Maurice » 01/26/13 08:12 PM

Mr. Goat,
I usually lurk around and feel I have little to contribute so I shut my virtual mouth, but this could be helpful to you. Note that your website has the following, right off the bat, in the intro. Youre welcome.

Thanks for stopping part this little part...

- I know its off topic but I understand from lurking that the messaging system might be off.
Maurice
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 01/26/13 08:06 PM

Postby mrgoat » 01/27/13 06:08 AM

Maurice wrote:Mr. Goat,
I usually lurk around and feel I have little to contribute so I shut my virtual mouth, but this could be helpful to you. Note that your website has the following, right off the bat, in the intro. Youre welcome.

Thanks for stopping part this little part...

- I know its off topic but I understand from lurking that the messaging system might be off.


Brilliant. Thank you.
mrgoat
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Syd » 01/28/13 01:31 PM

It's innovations like this that make Genii a great resource.

Syd
Syd
Syd
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 02/29/08 01:00 PM
Location: Tennessee


Return to Close-Up Magic