Juan Tamariz Kicks Some Mighty ASS!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Juan Tamariz Kicks Some Mighty ASS!

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 15th, 2012, 4:42 pm

Watch and weep:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D9xyKrVsNI
What a work of genuis.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Michael Kamen

Re: Juan Tamariz Kicks Some Mighty ASS!

Postby Michael Kamen » December 15th, 2012, 5:16 pm

F'ing brilliant!
Michael Kamen

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » December 17th, 2012, 11:25 am

Who, but Tamariz, could take this item, that most of us have abandoned in a drawer somewhere, and turn it into a veritable showpiece?

It's like getting punched in the stomach 50 times--after a while, you just give up!

Bravo!

KirkG

Postby KirkG » December 17th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Not my cup of tea. Blasphemy, I know.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 17th, 2012, 5:49 pm

Before I finally witnessed him in person a couple of years ago when he was at the Magic Castle, Juan Tamariz was not my cup of tea either. The problem was that I had only seen him in videos like this one, or in short pieces on TV shows, not at all unlike what was seen here. But when you see him in person, in a full performance, I think one gains a whole new perspective and appreciation for his art. I know I did. During a full performance, his character is given the opportunity to be fully developed in front of the audience and it has context. Hes not just some manic old dude doing a card trick which, without that context or experience, is what might be seen here.

Dustin

Ian Richards

Postby Ian Richards » December 18th, 2012, 10:58 am

Dustin Stinett wrote:Before I finally witnessed him in person a couple of years ago when he was at the Magic Castle, Juan Tamariz was not my cup of tea either. The problem was that I had only seen him in videos like this one, or in short pieces on TV shows, not at all unlike what was seen here. But when you see him in person, in a full performance, I think one gains a whole new perspective and appreciation for his art. I know I did. During a full performance, his character is given the opportunity to be fully developed in front of the audience and it has context. Hes not just some manic old dude doing a card trick which, without that context or experience, is what might be seen here.

Dustin

I had exactly the same experience. If you ever have the opportunity to see Juan Tamariz live, you really should!

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » December 18th, 2012, 11:05 am

I've liked watching Tamariz since I first saw him, but hope to see him live one day. He's just a breath of fresh air, as opposed to the generic magician. Plus, the "manic" quality just reels people in, and they don't realize how badly they have been fooled until too late.

I will say: I like watching him slightly better in Spanish than in English.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » December 18th, 2012, 11:40 am

erdnasephile wrote:Plus, the "manic" quality just reels people in, and they don't realize how badly they have been fooled until too late.

Having hung out with him at the Genii bash for a couple of hours, he is not even slightly manic off stage, quite still and calm. Still manages to fool VERY badly!

Michael6Muldoon

Postby Michael6Muldoon » December 29th, 2012, 12:48 pm

Juan in person is AMAZING! I watched him in Spanish (which I had someone translating, but he kept getting into the show lol) and it was still incredible.

Asi Wind, even warned me, once you see him in person, you will never look at him the same.

Just pure perfection.
Old account was under "Six"

KirkG

Postby KirkG » December 29th, 2012, 2:28 pm

I have seen him live. Still not my cup of tea. Fortunately, there are many teas and many drinkers. :)

Michael6Muldoon

Postby Michael6Muldoon » December 29th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Kirk wrote:I have seen him live. Still not my cup of tea. Fortunately, there are many teas and many drinkers. :)

Well, you know what you like, which in itself is invaluable!
Old account was under "Six"

Return to “Buzz”