Memento Database for cataloging your stuff!

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » 11/27/12 05:27 PM

Having a large collection of rare books, and I'm not getting any younger so I've been looking for a app for my android tablet that would allow me to catalog my collection. I've tried almost every app on Google play and they all were lacking any sort of customization. Some were better than others, but were still limited in the fields I needed to complete my task.

I finally came across a database program that is geared towards cataloging you items, whether it be books, cd's, movies etc. I finally chose Memento Database which can be found at http://mementodatabase.com

I can create as many and whatever fields I need. It can scan barcodes and search for info through Google Books. I can include pictures of each book and it exports as a cvs file. My only regret is it does not save to file in the display format so I can print it out. There is a free and a paid app for $9.95. Not much difference except better export features in the paid version. I'm sure there's more but I've been to busy entering all my books to find out.

So if you are serious about cataloging your stuff, I highly recommend Momento.

Jeff Pierce
visit my website at:
www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Jeff Pierce Magic

Postby Joe Pecore » 11/27/12 10:35 PM

Thanks for the tip!

I already had a spreadsheet in Google Docs and was easily able to linked it to Memento and imported all my data. Very cool.

- Joe
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.
Joe Pecore

Return to General