Advanced Fingertip Bluff....(control and force)

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Sworn Lip(s) » 10/29/12 10:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfaoWZM ... ata_player

The evolution to this move can be found in the post labeled 'Topper-esque Move from Lowey Palm'. The move has since found his roots in the Spectators Peek category.....or Marlo's Advanced Fingertip Control. The end result being the same. Performer holds deck in one hand while other hand riffles corner with fingertip(s). Spectator commands a 'stop' during riffle and peeks at stopped selection. The question advanced. Could you bluff/control a "Spectator Peek"? Meaning could the "same" actions be mimiced and convince the spectator the same result?.....except this time.....you were in control the whole time by performing only the illusion of a 'stopped' card near the center. Spectator says "Stop!". The gap and shadow of separation can clearly be seen. And last, but not least....."stopped" selection can be "seen" being buried back into deck with a follow through of riffling. Hopefully the video is insitefull to my pursuit. I went through Dennis Behrs site looking for this idea.....nothing stood out.
Sworn Lip(s)

Postby Efendi Kwok » 10/30/12 10:54 PM

Excellent!!
Too much browsing, too much reading, too much learning, yet NOT MUCH practice ! *sigh*
Efendi Kwok

Postby Sworn Lip(s) » 11/01/12 12:44 PM

Awaiting Paul Gordons answer back from my email inquiry. Anonymous claims that this move is Gordons. That it is called 'Gordons Peek'.....and its in Gordons Originals. Anyone have this manuscript?....and can confirm? Thanks. Gotta stick with giving credit where credit is due. RW
Sworn Lip(s)

Postby Richard Kaufman » 11/01/12 01:34 PM

Looks very good!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Edward Pungot » 11/01/12 02:46 PM

Efendi Kwok wrote:Too much browsing, too much reading, too much learning, yet NOT MUCH practice ! *sigh*

So true. The epitome (and bluff) of our age.
Edward Pungot

Postby Doug Conn » 11/02/12 12:39 PM

This is a great move... having seen it live (without the expose) I can vouch for the complete deceptiveness of the idea.

It's probably best suited for 'intimate' situations, but, that's fine.

Was great watching some of your work & look forward to seeing you at another monday gathering.
Learn more bout me: http://www.connmagic.com
Doug Conn

Postby Sworn Lip(s) » 11/10/12 10:59 AM

Whew!!!...didn't get the Gordon joke to way later. Anyway....there is a bonus in the mechanics of this move....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQiDnwa ... ata_player

.....yep, after the 'peek'....and upon handing the deck to spectator....you have palmed off card in same motion.....via Lowey. You can take deck out of hand yourself and hand over....or, tilt deck slightly up and turn your head way with right hand open pointing for spectator to take deck themselves.

Enjoy the progress and any inspiration! RW
Sworn Lip(s)

Return to Close-Up Magic