Wanted: Triumph Shuffle DVD by Glenn Bishop

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Chris Lane » 10/13/12 12:30 PM

Hi there guys, i'm looking for this DVD and also the Bishop Book on the Triumph shuffle, if anyone has at least one i'm interested in buy it.

Another important note, i live in Spain, i would pay the internatinal handling and shipping.

Thanks.
Chris Lane

Postby erdnasephile » 10/13/12 03:59 PM

Here is Mr. Bishop's website and email address:

http://www.mrhypnotist.org/
erdnasephile

Postby mrgoat » 10/13/12 04:58 PM

Must. Refrain. From. Snark.
mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » 10/14/12 03:00 PM

mrgoat

Postby Chris Lane » 10/14/12 04:50 PM

Ok, Mr Bishop, i never insulted you and i' has never said anything bad about you or your techniques.

I emailed you cause i was interested in your stuff.

I just wanted to learn the aplications of some of your techniques, and that's all.

Sorry if i disturbed you, that wasn't my goal, i just wanted to learn from a person i admired.

Even though i keep on the quest to buy it from someone that wants to help me.

Thank you for your time to write on your blog about this.

Good luck.
Chris Lane

Postby Glenn Bishop » 10/19/12 01:25 PM

My final thoughts in this matter...

http://glennbishopmagicandcards.blogspo ... iumph.html
Glenn Bishop

Postby El Mystico » 10/19/12 02:14 PM

I'm curious: if your dad added your method of stacking four aces to his act, why don't you use the shuffle this way in your performances?

As an aside - there has been some discussion as to whether it was the shuffle or the trick that Vernon intended to be called Triumph. Your post sheds valuable light on this debate: the Triumph Stars of Magic manuscript came out in 1946, and referred to "an exquisite card miracle entitled "Triumph"; but your post makes it clear it wasn't until around 20 years later that your dad told you that it was the shuffle, not the trick, that was called Triumph.
As has been pointed out before; in interview, Vernon has been explicit that it was the effect, not the shuffle, which he named Triumph.
I guess after 20 years maybe your dad misremembered.

But - most importantly; I'm sorry to hear you went into a depression. This is a debilitating illness which still does not receive the recognition it deserves. (In part, because some people misuse the term - talking about 'depression' when they mean sadness or unhappiness). I hope you are aware of the different treatments currently available for this horrible problem.
El Mystico

Postby Glenn Bishop » 10/19/12 05:28 PM

El Mystico wrote:I'm curious: if your dad added your method of stacking four aces to his act, why don't you use the shuffle this way in your performances?

I do use the shuffle my dads way in my performances. However I did not show my dads way of doing the shuffle on the video or in the book. However I did spend a little time with my dads way of doing the triumph shuffle on one of the DVD's.

I hope this answers your question.
Glenn Bishop

Postby mrgoat » 10/20/12 12:52 PM

Glenn Bishop wrote:My final thoughts in this matter...

I knew it wouldn't be...

Glenn Bishop wrote:Afterthought...

mrgoat

Postby johnmali » 10/20/12 03:42 PM

brrrrrr
johnmali

Postby Steve Hook » 10/20/12 07:58 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Steve Hook

Postby El Mystico » 10/21/12 02:09 PM

mrgoat: while there is a view among many magicians that Glenn's multiple shuffle to cull the four aces is unworkable in real life cheating, and unnecessarily tedious in magic demonstrations; since he has told us he has mental problems, maybe he should be cut some slack?
El Mystico

Postby Richard Kaufman » 10/21/12 03:13 PM

On Mr. Bishop's blog he writes: " I am not and never wanted to be one of those book writing magicians that doesn't perform shows. But writes books for magicians and sells them at conventions."

I guess that means me, eh?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Glenn Bishop » 10/21/12 04:10 PM

Richard Kaufman wrote:On Mr. Bishop's blog he writes: " I am not and never wanted to be one of those book writing magicians that doesn't perform shows. But writes books for magicians and sells them at conventions."

Just FYI...

The only book I ever wrote and sold at a magic convention was the Life and times of Billy Bishop. Published by David Charvet.

The rest of the books I wrote...

Shellgame.
Glenn Bishops ace cutting and block transfer triumphs.
Early Bishop.

Etc...

Were never sold at magic conventions by me and to my knowledge.
And I never sold any DVD's at any magic convention. However I did sell my first DVD one time at a single lecture I did at the Magic Castle.

I would suggest both Richard Kaufman, and El Mystico and their sidekick the goat to stop writing BS about me. When they don't know me and have never met me.

El Mystico, as I have read many show business autobiography's many many show business people deal with depression. I would not say I have any kind of mental illiness although it has been suggested and said as an insult toward me by quit a few magicians that hate me.

I guess that is another - I guess that means me, eh?

Now I have answered your questions about as far as I am going to at this time - my suggestion to you all is to LEAVE ME ALONE!
Glenn Bishop

Postby mrgoat » 10/21/12 04:44 PM

El Mystico wrote:mrgoat: while there is a view among many magicians that Glenn's multiple shuffle to cull the four aces is unworkable in real life cheating, and unnecessarily tedious in magic demonstrations; since he has told us he has mental problems, maybe he should be cut some slack?

Nah. He doesn't have depression. He just misused the term to mean he was peed off people were laughing at him.
mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » 10/21/12 05:15 PM

Glenn Bishop wrote:http://glennbishopmagicandcards.blogspot.com/2012/10/i-will-be-back.html

Thanks for the link to my video

Almost 2000 views. More than anything you've done!
mrgoat

Postby Steve Mills » 10/21/12 05:43 PM

Where are all the Youell defenders!! This is shameless.

Back off fellers, he can't defend himself.
The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog. – Mark Twain
Steve Mills

Postby billmccloskey » 10/21/12 05:58 PM

Wow.

the insensitive bullying and level of immaturity is astounding. Honestly, makes me ill. I don't know how you get to the point where cruelty is so cavalierly and thoughtlessly dispensed.

I'm quite sure some of you won't be satisfied until someone has done irrevocable damage to themselves. I guess there really are people who go out of their way to pluck the wings off flies for their own amusement and to bolster their self esteem.

It is all quite creepy.
billmccloskey

Postby Richard Kaufman » 10/21/12 06:49 PM

Yes, it has gotten tedious.
Thread locked.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Return to Collector's Marketplace