Magic with credit cards - help needed!

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Wolfgang » 09/01/04 12:31 PM

I am currently working on the re-release of "THE MAGICIANS CREDIT CARD" (The Zanadu Version), which rights I bought a while ago. In order to make the credit card look and feel like a real credit card I have acquired the equipment to actually print my own cards in house.
Since I have the necessary equipment I was curious if anybody else out there in magiland has invented a trick that would use a specially printed card that has not been marketed yet or like the Zanadu trick only in a home made version? If the trick is good I would like to acquire the rights or form a joint venture.
Just because I know some people will ask: The magicians Credit Card (Zanadu Version) is a funny revelations of a playing card on the back of the magicians credit card. It is geared mainly toward the beginner but also allows a more serious magician to carry a little trick in the pocket.
Wolfgang

Postby Guest » 09/01/04 12:44 PM

Have you ever seen the Mark Jenest MagiCard?
it is from "the bank of denmark" and expires "10/89"
there are about 5-6 tricks that can be done with it and it looks and feels like a real credit

Postby Wolfgang » 09/01/04 01:41 PM

Yes, I am aware of that trick, I believe that magic smith was the manufacturer or marketer.....
Some have emailed me in regards to the capability of the equipment, Yes I can print two sides in full color "edge to edge" directly on the PVC card either with a magnetic stripe in the back or without.
Wolfgang

Postby CHRIS » 09/01/04 07:37 PM

Wolfgang,

it is probably not exactly what you are looking for, but Kaldy Karo from Vienna has written a booklet called "Zauberei mit Creditkarten". Many of these tricks utilize 'regular' cards, but there might be something in it for you. I have this booklet either as ebook or one copy in paper, in case you are interested.

Chris Wasshuber
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
CHRIS

Postby Wolfgang » 09/02/04 06:44 AM

Hello Chris, thank you for the info. I know the title you are referring to very well. I had published one of Karos other books which was called MAgic with ties and bow-ties.
If memory serves me right the credit card are all regular that are used in the book.
Wolfgang

Return to Close-Up Magic