iGenii: All pages not downloading

Discuss aspects of the new digital access to all back issues of Genii and anything therein.

Postby Ray Eden » 08/31/12 02:42 AM

I'm having a bit of trouble. It seems that only the first 21 pages of the July 2012 issue downloaded and nothing more has come through in two days. How does one fix this?
Ray Eden

Postby Keith Raygor » 08/31/12 10:37 AM

I have had the same problem for several issues, and eventually stopped attempting to read them on the iPad about 4 months ago.

I was able to successfully download the last two issues a couple days ago, as an experiment, but it took all night, and the battery was just about dead by the time it was done.

I'm not sure if it continues downloading after the iPad goes to sleep (or turns off), or if it's better to disable that function temporarily.

By the way, I appreciate the concise instructions Richard gave you for logging into Ask Alexander. They were just what I needed. Thanks, Richard.
www.KeithTheMagician.com
www.TheMusicalMindreader.com
Keith Raygor

Postby Ray Eden » 08/31/12 12:31 PM

Thanks Keith. I hope that's not the case here. I really like the electronic version.
Ray Eden

Postby Ray Eden » 08/31/12 02:53 PM

I deleted the file and downloaded it again. It's working fine now.
Ray Eden

Postby Richard Kaufman » 08/31/12 05:19 PM

The electronic version works just fine. I check it myself every month on an iPad, iPad 2, and iPhone 4S.

You have to disable your iPad from going to sleep or the download will never complete.

It's better to have your iPad plugged in when downloading the issues.

You must have a really slow connection because it takes me, with my iPad NOT plugged in, only about 10 minutes to download an issue. The download takes longer on those pages containing audio and video.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby MJE » 03/20/14 10:44 PM

Yeah, I've had problems, as mentioned on another thread, of getting the "Inernet connection required" message. I think it's a Apple issue rather than a Genii issue.

At home, we're wireless and modernized to the hilt. Everything works fine. On the road.....well, not so much.

Still....pretty cool, huh? It's a great time to be alive!

-MJ
MJE

Postby Richard Kaufman » 03/21/14 01:34 AM

Again, I download the digital issue every month onto my iPad 2, iPhone 4S, and I never have any problems. Every page downloads as long as the iPad stays away and you have a decent signal. In fact, service has improved in the past few months and downloads take place even more quickly. There's no reason a download should stop after a certain number of pages unless you are out of memory or space on your iPad.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Return to iGenii