Magic and Comedy

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Guest » 01/18/02 02:13 AM

I have started a newsletter for magicians who are interested in sharing their own original one-liners, comedy theories and comedy trick reviews with the world

If you would like to subscribe, email me at laugh@funnybones.com.au with a submission. We ask that people submit regularly so that a reasonable amount of give and take is acheived. We would rather not have too many people who do not submit.

All submissions will be credited and anyone caught stealing other people's material will be ejected and have their toenails removed ;)

Postby Matt Sedlak » 01/18/02 02:20 AM

Im curious as to why you are asking for a submission for a subscription. One would think that you would have a finished product before you would offer it to the fraternity. Just a thought.
Matt Sedlak

Postby Richard Kaufman » 01/18/02 09:01 AM

Matt, this is a format that has already been established. Only contributers are sent copies of the magazine to which they contribute.
Nothing new.
Not something I personally like to see, but he is certainly free to do it.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » 01/18/02 09:53 AM

The last magazine I remember that was devoted to comedy and related subjects was called MAGICACKLE. I think that it lasted long enough to publish one issue? I have a copy, which I think is now a "collectible."
I always approvingly nod toward anyone brave enough to begin a publication; however, the list of casualties is long and heart-rending.
I speak from experience. Yet...

Onward and good luck...
Jon Racherbaumer

Return to Close-Up Magic