The Lottery Ticket by Nate Staniforth

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Postby Jonathanrian » 06/17/12 09:44 PM

WOW! Just, WOW!

REVIEW: OUTSTANDING!!
Nate Staniforths Lottery Ticket illusion is absolutely fantastic Its one of the most exceptional magical performance routines I have seen. I bought it recently, and I'm so glad I did.

http://thelotteryillusion.com/

I say this with honest objectivity, because I dont know Nate Staniforth. Before buying this effect, I had never communicated with him.

When considering placing my order, I thought his video demo was extraordinary, and saw the effect as a perfect solution for something I had been seeking. I also found the Q&A on his web site very helpful to make my purchasing decision. After placing my order, I was impressed by a thoughtful email he sent, saying how important it was to him that I would be happy with it.

It arrived quickly, and I was immediately pleased with the high quality of the book and the great color photos. As I read, I was excited by his creativity and approach, and with the 'flight-time' it must have taken to evolve the concepts so thoroughly. I was happy with the great clarity and detail in his instructions, as well as the flexibility of the multiple methods provided. I was motivated by the potential this routine has, as presented, and as I might evolve it should I choose. The fact that its a limited release is a great added bonus.

Since receiving this, I have successfully performed it, and was perfectly thrilled with the reactions!

EXPERIENCE: EXPLOSIVE!!
I don't do magic for a living. As my day job, I lead a company that develops and manages apartments. I'm also an enthusiastic magic fan and hobbyist, and although I have many years as a magic collector and appreciator, I have limited experience as a performer. I have public speaking and stage experience, but no stage magic experience. Nevertheless, I purchased Lottery Ticket with the hope of doing my 1st ever real stage magic performance.

We recently conducted our company's annual educational and inspirational meetings. I wanted to anchor certain points about our company strategy and our meeting's theme, and I wanted to utilize magic to do it something that would have the potential for megatons of WOW.

So, in front of 150 of my people, including all my senior leaders, I put my neck out there, in the hands of this fantastic routine and my amateur skills (not so amateur that I'd put the method at risk, but amateur enough that I was admittedly nervous).

Upon the reveal, I got screams and a spontaneous standing O, and the thrill of pulling it off felt like getting struck by lightning! My people exploded with excitement as my volunteer read the numbers to the audience, but as wonderful as it was for them, I knew it was even more wonderful for me.

I sincerely appreciate Nates amazing creativity, and that he is willing to share it through this effect with a small group in this way. I'm very excited to be part of it!
~ Jonathan
Jonathanrian

Postby Steven Keyl » 06/17/12 09:59 PM

Mrs. Staniforth?!? Is that you??
Steven Keyl - Magic Book Report
Steven Keyl

Postby Richard Kaufman » 06/17/12 10:03 PM

Doesn't that make you suspicious as hell when someone's first post is a written ejaculation about a trick?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Jonathanrian » 06/17/12 10:24 PM

Dang, you guys are harsh! No, I'm not Nate. I don't know Nate. I'll admit to be a lurker here, instead of a post-er, which is bad. Richard, I know this is your house, and if I need more interaction on the forum before I'm welcome to share my thoughts on this effect here in this way, I apologize.

I know I was strongly glowing in my remarks, and that's just because I was excited, and thought others might want to know my experience.
~ Jonathan
Jonathanrian

Postby Richard Kaufman » 06/17/12 11:32 PM

You're welcome to post here.

Past experience has taught us that when someone's first post is a lengthy excited almost-advertisement for a trick, that it has usually been posted by the person who has invented the trick or a friend of that person.

We are naturally cautious about these things since we've seen them before.
Richard Kaufman

Postby Jonathanrian » 06/18/12 12:04 AM

I completely understand. I should have tempered my comments, having myself seen that sort of thing before, as well. I was honestly thrilled with the effect, and am still feeling a high from such a powerful reaction from my audience, for my first attempt doing magic on stage. All that emotion clouded my common sense about how it might appear to those who don't yet know me, and my post ended up being a flare shot. Performance and posting novice though I may be, honest and objective I remain.

Thanks for fathering this environment for dialog, Richard.
~ Jonathan
Jonathanrian

Postby mrgoat » 06/18/12 03:57 AM

Five bucks says he makes no more than 5 posts after this.
mrgoat

Postby Jonathanrian » 06/18/12 10:39 AM

I'll take that bet.
~ Jonathan
Jonathanrian

Postby Atlas » 08/24/12 01:40 AM

Looking good for Mr.Goat thus far!
Atlas

Postby mrgoat » 08/24/12 05:29 AM

Atlas wrote:Looking good for Mr.Goat thus far!

:D

What can I say, I just had a kinda premonition...
mrgoat

Postby Richard Kaufman » 08/24/12 12:03 PM

:)
Richard Kaufman

Postby Atlas » 09/06/12 09:12 PM

Hmmm. Now, Mr. Goat, the real trick will to be to collect your money.
Atlas

Postby mrgoat » 09/07/12 02:52 AM

Atlas wrote:Hmmm. Now, Mr. Goat, the real trick will to be to collect your money.

Maybe he will come to the genii convention then I can collect it in person.
mrgoat

Postby Jonathanrian » 09/22/12 02:25 AM

I cannot recall precisely... did I have 3 posts or 4 when the good Mr. Goat conjured the challenge? Also, I did not see it time bound. Either way, I am signed up for the Bash, and if the gentleman from Brighton would be so kind as to drink with me, I'll buy the first round, and we can discuss the finer points of the wager in question ;)

Will that do?
~ Jonathan
Jonathanrian

Postby Pete McCabe » 09/22/12 12:10 PM

If this is all a thinly-veiled marketing campaign it is not going well. I just clicked the link in Jonathanrian's first post and was told that google chrome can't find thelotteryillusion.com.
Pete McCabe

Postby Jonathanrian » 09/23/12 03:45 PM

Then I'm glad I'm not marketing. Just sharing... although, that didn't go well, either.

Not sure why the site would be down. I recall it was to be a limited number release. Perhaps it sold out. Whether it did or not, I'm very pleased to have one.

If I had it to over again, I would, however, change how I shared my excitement about the effect.
~ Jonathan
Jonathanrian

Postby Atlas » 09/23/12 11:43 PM

Huzzah! The prodigal returns just in time to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat!
Atlas

Postby Atlas » 09/23/12 11:43 PM

Sorry Mr. goat, but everyone loves the underdog...
Atlas

Postby mrgoat » 09/24/12 08:35 AM

Atlas wrote:Sorry Mr. goat, but everyone loves the underdog...

If by everyone, you mean 'you', then it seems that way judging by the flurry of responses praising his return.
mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » 09/24/12 08:36 AM

Jonathanrian wrote:I cannot recall precisely... did I have 3 posts or 4 when the good Mr. Goat conjured the challenge? Also, I did not see it time bound. Either way, I am signed up for the Bash, and if the gentleman from Brighton would be so kind as to drink with me, I'll buy the first round, and we can discuss the finer points of the wager in question ;)

Will that do?

I'll drink with anyone. Well, maybe not Bish or Lewis, but anyone else. Even obvious shills.
mrgoat

Postby R.E.Byrnes » 09/24/12 03:26 PM

The trick is so good that only the response to it is described here.
R.E.Byrnes

Postby Jonathanrian » 09/26/12 01:01 AM

Drinks it is, then!

Your a funny man, Mr Goat. I doubt you're the cynic you appear to be. I think perhaps you know quite well that I'm no shill, and you're baiting me. Well done! In any event, I'll look forward to meeting you at the bash.
~ Jonathan
Jonathanrian

Postby Ian Kendall » 09/26/12 11:38 AM

I think Damian's reputation is going to take a bit of a hit next week when people find out that he's actually quite affable.

For a short guy, that is.
Ian Kendall

Postby mrgoat » 09/26/12 11:50 AM

Ian Kendall wrote:I think Damian's reputation is going to take a bit of a hit next week when people find out that he's actually quite affable.

For a short guy, that is.

I'm 5'11". Everyone is short compared to you though.

And to avoid ruining my rep I will be punching random people in the balls throughout the show.
mrgoat

Postby Ian Kendall » 09/26/12 11:53 AM

At least you'll be the right height...
Ian Kendall

Postby mrgoat » 09/26/12 11:57 AM

Ian Kendall wrote:At least you'll be the right height...

I am the right height. It's you that's the freak.
mrgoat

Postby Jonathanrian » 09/28/12 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: mrgoat
"... And to avoid ruining my rep I will be punching random people in the balls throughout the show."

I'm wondering if offering to buy drinks was more poor judgement on my part. Although I'm not random, I'm very deliberate, perhaps I should wear a protective cup next week.

Not the cups and balls I was looking forward to at Mr. K's party.
~ Jonathan
Jonathanrian

Postby Richard Kaufman » 09/28/12 07:53 PM

Damian will be his usual jovial self next week.

Me, I'm wearing a cup.
Richard Kaufman

Return to Mentalism & Mental Magic