Yaan Frisch, Guy Hollingworth and Jansenson

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby mrgoat » 05/11/12 03:51 AM

Holy moly!

The three gentlemen above have just been announced as performers for this year's Essential Magic Conference.

It's only 99 bucks, for 33 of the very best magicians in the world. That works out at 3 bucks per magician you get to see!

You get the online 3 day event, and an exquisitely produced 8 DVD box set after the event.

Why haven't you registered yet?

Don't you like: Armando Lucero, Bill Malone, Chris Kenner, Daniel Madison, Denis Behr, Eric Mean, Graham Jolley, Marco Tempest, Paul Harris, Woody Aragon, Yigel Mesika and the Genii forum's very own Tom Stone?

And every weekend there are free screenings of previous events at www.essentialmagicconference.com - be there, or be incredibly unfashionable.
mrgoat

Postby Pete McCabe » 05/11/12 01:21 PM

Is that Manfred Jansenson?

(Continuing my recent trend of arcane comedy references)
Pete McCabe

Postby mrgoat » 05/11/12 03:02 PM

I had to google that one, but I don't think the Python one was too arcane!
mrgoat

Postby Pete McCabe » 05/11/12 03:41 PM

But seriously the EMC is a tremendous value. The first one was worth it just for the T.A. Waters pilot alone.
Pete McCabe

Postby Matthew Field » 05/12/12 04:31 AM

The EMC is a sort of magical version of TED, with great and respected magicians giving talks on serious topics, along with great performances.

The scheduling is very flexible -- you needn't watch the events in real time, and you receive everything after the fact as an 8 disc set of DVDs.

I've attended each one and very much look forward to this third, and final (unfortunately) version.

It's very highly recommended.

Matt Field
Matthew Field

Return to Buzz