After two years of acquiring decks, I have what amounts to as the close-to-perfect Rainbow Deck. There were certain features that I had always wanted in a RD and I have succeeded in meeting these goals:
1. This deck is comprised of 52 different cards. It is not
a specially printed deck. Many of the cards have the classic backs that we are familiar with such as the Tally-Ho, Bicycle, and Bee brands.
2. All of the backs have white borders. When you hold this deck in dealing position and bevel it, there is nothing to see.
3. All of the faces are Bicycle poker standard 808. There are no
Arrco court cards in this deck, and there are no funny pips or extra little numbers on the numerical face cards to tip off this deck. You can Hindu shuffle or spread it on the table face up with no fear of detection.
4. The white background color on the faces of all the cards is uniform. I abandoned vintage decks because the cards have aged to a yellow or grayish color. Insert a vintage card in a brand new deck and spread it face up. You will instantly spot it.
5. All of the red face cards have a uniform bright cherry red color. There are no rust/maroon colored red cards here that would raise a red? flag.
6. With the exception of 2 cards that have a Cambric finish (Bulldog Squeezers) all of the cards are Air Cushion. There are no cards in this deck that feel like cheap cardboard. I rejected the Budweiser Deck, Aviators, and others because I didn't like the finish on them.
7. Each deck also contains a blank face card for those who might want to reverse fan it to show blank faces in their routines. I also added a standard Bicycle Ace of Spades for those decks that wound up without a standard AoS.
When these decks are gone, I'm finished. I did this once to get it out of my system. The price for each deck is $40.00 plus $5.00 for shipping in the U.S.
12436 Littleton Street
Silver Spring, Md. 20906