Frank Dailey - RIP

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Dustin Stinett » 03/24/12 05:02 AM

Past National President of the SAM Frank Dailey passed away on Wednesday. Frank's late wife, Margaret, was also a past National President of the SAM (the society's first woman president).

Our sincere condolences to his family and many friends.
Dustin Stinett

Postby Bill Wells » 03/24/12 09:44 AM

My deepfelt sympathy to his family.

I have wonderful memories of Frank being the S.A.M. President when I was the I.B.M. President many years ago. He and Margaret were a great couple and great friends of magic.
Bill Wells
Bill Wells

Postby JimAlfredson » 03/24/12 11:44 AM

What sad news. Frank was a long-time friend, and a regular at most of the magic collector conferences, along with his late wife Margaret. He'd been a magic collector for many years, and had some particularly nice material on Tampa and the Davenport brothers. He was generous with his knowledge and ever ready to help the magical scholar. I'll certainly miss his affable company at future gatherings. Good bye, old friend.
JimAlfredson

Postby JimAlfredson » 03/24/12 11:47 AM

What sad news. Frank was a long-time friend, and a regular at most of the magic collector conferences, along with his late wife Margaret. He'd been a magic collector for many years, and had some particularly nice material on Tampa and the Davenport brothers. He was generous with his knowledge and ever ready to help the magical scholar. I'll certainly miss his affable company at future gatherings. Good bye, old friend.
JimAlfredson

Postby Diego » 03/24/12 12:28 PM

Very sad news. Frank was a very kind and modest man who was always supportive and encouraging for other historians and collectors.

It was always a pleasant surprise when I would receive something in the mail pertaining to research from him...knowing that he kept me in mind all these years. No doubt he did the same for many others.

Frank and Margaret will be remembered fondly.
Diego

Postby Jim Klodzen » 03/27/12 08:03 PM

Enjoyed his company immensely when he would visit.
Jim Klodzen

Return to Buzz