WTB: Magus Capsule by Jay Sankey

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Judah Vee » 02/25/12 05:44 AM

Contact me if you have one for sale. Need it to round out my Sankey collection. Love that little dude.....
Live life stupid happy...
Judah Vee

Postby Judah Vee » 02/27/12 01:36 PM

If anyone has one Ill trade you my Bob Kline Copenetro for it.... Thats a heck of a deal! Or Ill just buy it....
Judah Vee

Postby mrgoat » 02/27/12 01:58 PM

I know you want this as part of a collection, but I have to warn you, it's utter crap. I sent mine back a week after getting it.
mrgoat

Postby Richard Kaufman » 02/27/12 02:26 PM

I just looked at the video demo on Penguin. For $36 (their discounted price) it looked pretty good to me. For a real Cup and Ball worker it's meaningless, but for folks who don't have more than a few inches of table space and want to do something a little different than just a Chop Cup, why not?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby mrgoat » 02/27/12 02:29 PM

Yes, but it's a horrible horrible horrible cheap piece of crap RK. It's not balanced at all, the chopped ball doesn't unlodge, and it looks like a cheap piece of crap.

If you are short of space, get the RNT micro chop cup thing. At least that doesn't look like it came out of a cracker and actually works!
mrgoat

Postby Pete Biro » 02/27/12 06:08 PM

I tossed mine in a box somewhere... If I can find it i'll throw it even farther.
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Judah Vee » 02/27/12 08:23 PM

lol... Yeah Guys, I know it is not the greatest. I have played with a friend a few years ago and agree with some of the issues, but thats not why I want it. I should have bought one back then but I did not have the expendable income I do now. I have a few things Sankey that I would throw out the window, but I am a collector as well as a performer. I like to think you can learn from anything, even if it is horrible. A move, a sleight, a load, anything. At worst you learn what not to do.

I hate to say this out in the open,for fear of being stoned to death, But I have never liked the look of the traditional cups. I have a pretty nice copper set I bought YEARS ago that I fool around with, but thats it. I like more plain looking, OR odd looking cups. Like the pool hall chop cup set.... awesome. I bought a chop coffee mug long ago (dont remember the maker or where) that was pretty expensive at the time and loved it till I dropped it.

It might be crap, I might never use it, but I want one just the same. I have had the Copenetro for about 20 years and have never used it either.

I respect all the opinions (especially Petes and Richards) and thank you all for your input.

PS Pete if you find it , throw it in the direction of Colorado and Ill go looking for it..... ;-)

Judah
Judah Vee

Postby Judah Vee » 03/04/12 04:29 AM

One last push for this before I put it on the back burner again....

Judah
Judah Vee

Postby Ian Kendall » 03/04/12 04:47 AM

I have one, but I lent it to someone a year or two ago. I'll see if I can get it back...
Ian Kendall

Return to Collector's Marketplace