Pirate Monte by Tim Sonefelt from Wonder Imagery

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Potty the Pirate » 02/08/12 02:30 PM

This is what I have just sent to Wonder Imagery about "Pirate Monte":
Ahoy Mateys! I just received "Pirate Monte", and would like to thank ye all fer a fabulous swashbuckling effect! The caaaards are simply beautiful, and the effect will Blow the Man Down, whosoever he may be.
I've been using "Colour Monte" for many a year, but this is replacing those caaaards forthwith!
Well, Captain assures me this is one of the BEST pirate close-up tricks he's ever seen, and kids will love it as much as the big kids we like to call "adults". There's a nice touch, when yer mark has lost seven pieces of eight, ye can tell him he can win ALL the eight pieces, if he can only tell ye what's on the laaaaast caaaaard.
It's very easy to learn, and of course, it travels easy, being as it's only 3 caaaards in yer wallet or treasure chest.
Extras galore: a pirate mind-reading routine fer when the swabs have been suitably fooled by the monte effect. Loads of great pirate gags, up-to-date with the very latest and funniest pirate jokes. I'd have paid the booty just to get those gags, if ye really want to know.
Plus, pirate treasure maps (ye have to visit their website to get them), and a wooden pirate doubloon. (Ye wooden' want to confuse it with real treasure, though.)
Overall, a truly fantastic piece of kit for any budding pirate magician.
Every pirate needs this, and that's me saying it, those landlubbers at Wonder Imagery have refused to pay me a penny for me thoughts.
Potty the Pirate
Potty the Pirate

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 02/08/12 02:44 PM

Reading that you got me thinking how it would play as a modern (corporate suite type) pirate using two junk bonds cards and a 401(k) plan card where you end with the golden parachute card.

hate it when reading a post here triggers creativity. ;)

Best wishes with the new pirate monte item, -J
Mundus vult decipi
Jonathan Townsend

Postby Anthony Vinson » 02/08/12 03:00 PM

Jonathan Townsend wrote:Reading that you got me thinking how it would play as a modern (corporate suite type) pirate using two junk bonds cards and a 401(k) plan card where you end with the golden parachute card. -J

Jonathan, Great idea! It'd really play well right now. But for continuity's sake wouldn't it be better to replace the junk bond cards with stock option cards?
Last edited by Anthony Vinson on 02/08/12 03:01 PM, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: missing word.
Anthony Vinson

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 02/08/12 03:12 PM

Agreed, with something like a generic corporate logo for the card backs, or perhaps just framed dollar signs?

Going more neutral - ...

I could never understand the 401(k) plans at work. They have different funds and...
Jonathan Townsend

Return to Close-Up Magic