After This World

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Sworn Lip(s) » 09/10/11 09:04 PM

Alright folks....thought I'd share with you an idea. What if you could follow up your favorite 'Out of this World' with a trick that will receive equal astonishment?.....this is what I came up with. Enjoy! http://youtu.be/VDIrvcBQZE0
Sworn Lip(s)

Postby Harry Lorayne » 09/11/11 10:56 AM

Decades ago what many were "using" as a follow-up to OOTW (I used it often) was a "follow the leader" routine showing how colors followed "their own" - reds followed reds, blacks followed blacks - as a pseudo explanation for OOTW. So, afraid it's not a new concept.
Harry Lorayne

Postby Sworn Lip(s) » 09/11/11 11:26 AM

Right on Harry.....but....Im not claiming a new concept....just a plain ole regular idea that has worked in my favor. I actually worked backwards from what I found to be an expired 'Oil & Water' routine I was trying to work out. I just needed faced-up cards for the color reference and also the finally....thus the OOTW. My personal favorite, by the way folks, is PH's Galaxy....it makes for the quick gathering of the red & black packs. Say Harry...any chance of your routine be available to watch anywhere?
Sworn Lip(s)

Postby Harry Lorayne » 09/11/11 12:22 PM

Yes, I'm not particularly thrilled with the way it came out on film, but if you go to www.youtube.com/harrylorayneonvideo and search through the 30-odd items, you'll find Out Of This Universe (not a follow-the-leader routine).
Harry Lorayne

Return to Close-Up Magic