Howard Hamburg Sessions

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Postby Mr. K » 08/18/11 08:22 PM

I want to say I went to Magic Live for my 1st time & have to say I had a BLAST!! to much fun! I met a man named Howard Hamburg who had a new dvd release so I sat down as he performed an amazing trick..well 2 great tricks 1st one was after I shuffled the I cut the deck he picks it up riffles I say stop he has me spell out my card & BOOM it was my card..Tricks cant be repeated twice well his trick did & I shuffled. He had great stories from the past where his friends were the professor,Larry Jennings & so on, I tried this with him 2 days straight before I purchased the dvd & am I glad I did I recommend this dvd for card lovers like I.
>Its Only MAGIC!!<
Mr. K

Postby DanielVenice » 09/25/11 02:50 PM

I'm looking for the 2-DVD Special Edition of the Howard Hamburg sessions --- if anyone has one for sale, please do let me know. Many thanks, -Daniel / danielulin@hotmail.com /310.400.9134
DanielVenice

Postby Richard Kaufman » 09/25/11 02:57 PM

It's available directly from the publisher:
http://www.themagicapple.com/cgi-bin/we ... odid=15263
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby erdnasephile » 09/25/11 04:11 PM

Unfortunately, it looks like the 2 disc special edition is sold out.

I wonder if a publisher comes out ahead by offering a very limited special edition of a DVD issue. I guess you make more per unit this way (and perhaps assure the edition will sell out), but since you are limiting the special edition, the opportunity for extra income is limited as well. In addition, knowing there is a sold out special edition lurking out there, may dissuade some buyers from buying the regular edition in the hopes of grabbing the special one.

Since this seems to happen fairly often, I guess it must be profitable on balance otherwise publishers wouldn't do it.

I think from a profit standpoint the way to do it is the way the movie companies do it--just issue an "ultimate" edition every few years! :)
erdnasephile

Postby Richard Kaufman » 09/25/11 05:00 PM

What's the difference between the two editions?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby erdnasephile » 09/25/11 08:49 PM

The special edition had an extra DVD with 2 more tricks on it:

"Vernon's B-Day Trick which is an oil and water routine with an incredible kicker ending and Howard's Spelling Trick"
erdnasephile

Return to General