...and now what is the best ACAAN ?

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 08:32 AM

mrgoat wrote:
Well color me sceptical, but you join the forum, post about ACAAN in what reads like an Italian trying to speak English, then after a couple of posts you make glowing recommendations for a product that has testimonials from Harris and Magic Cafe idiots. And the product appears to me made by an Italian.

I could of course, be horribly wrong, but it just seems a little too coincidental.

I see you have many problems with many people, Harris Magic Cafe, Italians. Try to solve first your racist problems and after you can criticize my posts.

Aside all you problems, who are you to decide what are right or wrong to post on this place? You don't decide for me and for everyone on this forum.

Alen
Alen

Postby mrgoat » 07/06/11 08:46 AM

Alen wrote:I see you have many problems with many people, Harris

Well yes, he lies in his ad copy and this annoys me.

Alen wrote: Magic Cafe

They made [censored] a VIP there. What else is there to say?

Alen wrote:, Italians. Try to solve first your racist problems and after you can criticize my posts.

Where did I say anything racist? Please quote the racist thing I said, or else people might think I am right, you are the author of the pdf and you are so annoyed I worked this deception out after only 5 posts you are now trying to deflect the thread by libeling me.

However, there is a weird trend of Italians coming to this forum and trying to sell [censored] ACAAN effects. True story.

Alen wrote:Aside all you problems, who are you to decide what are right or wrong to post on this place? You don't decide for me and for everyone on this forum.

I am mrgoat. Have you not heard of me?

I go to magic boards and when people are [censored] I call them on it, they then get annoyed that I am so clever, libel me and leave never to be seen again.

Toodle pip

PS Here are two of my versions. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/user/damianjenni ... 3NYo4GzZvc

http://www.youtube.com/user/damianjenni ... pGffj-TKHI
mrgoat

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 09:13 AM

Harris problems are just your problems.

[censored]??? Who is [censored]?

Your post is negative and after you said the word idiots you said the product is made by Italian. It seems like you have some problems also with the italians or I made a mistake?

At moment, you appears like a [censored], you try to be like a moderator when you are not a moderator.

I am mrgoat. Have you not heard of me?

Yes, I have seen your wonderful ATHTHRARHCHAHRCAAANANA on youtube etc. and now I understood everything.

By the way if you have some problem with my posts, I suggest you to inform the moderator.

Best regards,
Alen
Alen

Postby mrgoat » 07/06/11 09:33 AM

Alen wrote:Harris problems are just your problems.

Well, would you care to explain why you think it's OK to lie in ad copy?

Alen wrote:[censored]??? Who is [censored]?

Good point.

Alen wrote:Your post is negative and after you said the word idiots you said the product is made by Italian. It seems like you have some problems also with the italians or I made a mistake?

As I said, QUOTE the part you think is racist. It's very dangerous to accuse people you don't know of things like racism. In fact, it's actionable libel.

I said the magic cafe has idiots on it. Then in a later sentence I said that you sound like you are Italian. How are those things related?

Alen wrote:At moment, you appears like a [censored], you try to be like a moderator when you are not a moderator.

At the moment, you appear really annoyed I've rumbled that you just joined this forum to pretend to be someone else and sell your almost certainly [censored] product?

Alen wrote:By the way if you have some problem with my posts, I suggest you to inform the moderator.

No, I don't have a problem with your posts at all. Especially these ones where you get really annoyed at having been sussed out.

Kinda proves my point.

Carry on getting annoyed.
mrgoat

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 09:46 AM

If you don't have any problem with my post why do you continue to read this thread?. If I don't like to read something I just move one.

Apologize for racism term, I misread your message.

It seems like you have some problem with Tommasso or I made mistake? Or just you attack everyone is new on this forum? Or I cannot write about any effect because I am new on this forum?

Alen
Alen

Postby mrgoat » 07/06/11 10:42 AM

Alen wrote:If you don't have any problem with my post why do you continue to read this thread?.

Because you keep libeling me?

I need to read it to check you aren't posting more malicious, inflammatory lies.

Alen wrote:If I don't like to read something I just move one.

I like to read it. I am laughing at how rude and aggressive you are now I have pointed out you are either the originator of this effect or are his mate.

Alen wrote:Apologize for racism term, I misread your message.

I forgive you.

Alen wrote:It seems like you have some problem with Tommasso or I made mistake? Or just you attack everyone is new on this forum? Or I cannot write about any effect because I am new on this forum?

Alen

The only problem I have with Tommasso is that you are pretending not to be him.

:)

The ads on the forum are only about 25 bucks. Just buy an ad.
mrgoat

Postby Bob Farmer » 07/06/11 10:57 AM

Given the apparently wide interest in ACANN in Italy, I have decided to prepare an Italian translation of the "Bammo Dekronomicon."

Ciao.
Bob Farmer

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 11:03 AM

I am aggressive LOL :-)

You are malicious saying that I am Tommaso or his mate :)

I have seen a lot of products on the market why I cannot express my opinion about Subtle Scam?

Due I am very happy for this effect I am the author???
Due I am new on this place and I am very happy about this effect I am the author?

Do you have it? Are you know what is this effect?

If I cannot express my opinion on this effect can you suggest me what this the correct one?

Is this thread wrong? Again ask the moderator to remove it or I talk about what I want.

Alen
Alen

Postby Richard Kaufman » 07/06/11 11:19 AM

Is there no god to protect us from Italian people with CRAP CRAP CRAP versions of Any Card at Any Number?

The answer seems to be no.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 11:38 AM

Hi Mr. Kaufman,
I consider this effect 100 better than The Berglas Effects.
The Berglas is an hands off acaan if it appears in your
performance. In the other case there is a lot of handling
and although the spectators won't remember it. Subtle Scam
is ALWAYS hands off before, during and after the performance.

David method requires misdirection and in some case a good handling, in Subtle Scam nothing.

For this reason Subtle Scam is 100 times better.

If Subtle Scam is crap I don't want to imagine what the Berglas Effects is.

Alen
Alen

Postby Ted M » 07/06/11 12:10 PM

Alen,

Your vague and unsupported testimonial is unconvincing to many, and you have the appearance of a shill rather than an earnest magician.

Has the effect been submitted for a Genii product review?
Ted M

Postby mrgoat » 07/06/11 12:12 PM

Alen wrote:You are malicious saying that I am Tommaso or his mate

I bet you a million pounds you are.

Alen wrote:I have seen a lot of products on the market why I cannot express my opinion about Subtle Scam?

Because you are trying to make people think you are not related to the product.

Alen wrote:If I cannot express my opinion on this effect can you suggest me what this the correct one?

Anything you are not selling would be fine.

Alen wrote:Again ask the moderator to remove it or I talk about what I want.

Only for a limited time I imagine.

Especially if you keep calling your effect 100 times better than the book he just published.
mrgoat

Postby Simone M » 07/06/11 12:18 PM

Alen wrote:Hi Mr. Kaufman,
I consider this effect 100 better than The Berglas Effects.
The Berglas is an hands off acaan if it appears in your
performance. In the other case there is a lot of handling
and although the spectators won't remember it. Subtle Scam
is ALWAYS hands off before, during and after the performance.

David method requires misdirection and in some case a good handling, in Subtle Scam nothing.

For this reason Subtle Scam is 100 times better.

If Subtle Scam is crap I don't want to imagine what the Berglas Effects is.

Alen

There is a review of a Mr. Guglielmi book already in the other section. Saying that it is negative is an understatement, so could you please stop trying to sell your friend's crappy products?

ps: are you the same guy on the Cafe who hasn't bought the book, yet is desperately trying to ask people if The Berglas Effect as taught in the book is a standalone effect, if he touches the deck etc etc, so he can finally say that Guglielmi's Berglas Effect is better than Bergal Berglas Effect?
Simone M

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 12:30 PM

Hi Simone,
on this forum I didn't see any review about Subtle Scam.
I purchased it 2 days ago, I have found this effect for pure chance reading the lasted newsletter of Lybrary.

I have also the latest Berglas book, I know what the Berglas effect is. I have written just my opinion about this effect
and believe or not this ebook is something out of this world.

Alen
Alen

Postby mrgoat » 07/06/11 12:39 PM

Alen wrote:I have also the latest Berglas book, I know what the Berglas effect is.

Please copy what the 14th line on page 189 is in the book to prove you have it.
mrgoat

Postby Mark Collier » 07/06/11 12:44 PM

How did Charlie Sheen enter into this discussion?
Mark Collier

Postby El Mystico » 07/06/11 12:50 PM

Just because Alen is new here, and his first posts are rave reviews for a product, maybe we are being unfair; I think we should treat him with a bit more respect.
I'm sorry, for my colleagues, Alen. Do let us know a bit more about yourself, as you join our network. You may be new here (and welcome!) but maybe you've posted on other magic forums? Do let us know which ones, and what your name is there. Or maybe you are completely new to magic? Either way, let us know a bit more about yourself. It would certainly help me judge whether your criteria for a strong ACAAN are the same as mine.

with a warm welcome

Dominic
El Mystico

Postby Bill Mullins » 07/06/11 01:15 PM

I have a friend from Corsica who has a version of ACAAN which is only slightly crappy (better than the Italian versions, but not quite as good as the average French version).

Would it be welcome here?

What if he were Sicilian or Sardinian?
Bill Mullins

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 01:42 PM

mrgoat wrote:
Alen wrote:I have also the latest Berglas book, I know what the Berglas effect is.

Please copy what the 14th line on page 189 is in the book to prove you have it.

I send you Pages 138: It makes no difference what happens to the order of all the cards above the Jack of Spades

Have a nice days.

Alen
Alen

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 01:54 PM

El Mystico wrote:Just because Alen is new here, and his first posts are rave reviews for a product, maybe we are being unfair; I think we should treat him with a bit more respect.
I'm sorry, for my colleagues, Alen. Do let us know a bit more about yourself, as you join our network. You may be new here (and welcome!) but maybe you've posted on other magic forums? Do let us know which ones, and what your name is there. Or maybe you are completely new to magic? Either way, let us know a bit more about yourself. It would certainly help me judge whether your criteria for a strong ACAAN are the same as mine.

with a warm welcome

Dominic

Hi Dominic,
thank you for your post. No, this is my first forum where I start writing something. I start on this forum because I purchase a while ago the new book by Richard Kaufman.
After this book, I purchased other ACAAN effect until two days ago I have found this pdf. I was impressed: You need to pay 400$ to have the same info that I have found in a 12$ ebook.
As I posted that I was impressed for this pdf I was attacked.
Thank you Dominic, but this is not right way to accept a new member here.

Regards,
Alen
Alen

Postby El Mystico » 07/06/11 02:23 PM

That's useful for us to know.
Since Richard's book is new (people have only been getting it the last couple of weeks), and you say your interest in ACAAN stems from then, you are telling us you are new to this effect.
I'm glad you're enjoying Subtle Scam, but, if you'll accept the advice of someone who has been on this forum for a while, I think you're a bit too new to this effect to be describing Subtle Scam as "the best product on ACAAN subject ever".
El Mystico

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 02:44 PM

El Mystico wrote:That's useful for us to know.
Since Richard's book is new (people have only been getting it the last couple of weeks), and you say your interest in ACAAN stems from then, you are telling us you are new to this effect.
I'm glad you're enjoying Subtle Scam, but, if you'll accept the advice of someone who has been on this forum for a while, I think you're a bit too new to this effect to be describing Subtle Scam as "the best product on ACAAN subject ever".

I am not new on ACAAN. My passion is ACAAN, I collect everything. I enjoyed also:

Meant To Be..., The Flip shift (Asi Wind variant)
Patrick Redford has something really good too
ACAAB by Boris Wild ( I have also my variant )

Any Card at Any Number & Any Card At Any
Number. by Alain Ackerman based on the Faro Shuffle

The Simon Aroson: Twice As Hard and Card At Any Number
Cameron Francis Convergence

Fraser Parker: The Berglas Effect
Tomamso Gugliemi: Eyes of Darkness, Destiny
Boris Wild: Miracle!
Luca Volpe: Hallucination
Tony Binarelli: The Third Eye
Company Matching any number of cards Dai Vernon
Frank Velasco: The Quest
Juan Tamariz in Mnemonica there is an ACAAN too
Ben Harris: Cross Road deck
Marc Paul: Affected by Berglas
Alain Nu: Romeo and Juliet
Mayhew Chris : CAANDY
Ed Marlo: The Over Count
Jay Joshua: Any Card at Any Page Number
Hillford Doc : Treslibre
Forrest David : Autobahn and Route 01

and many other that I don't remember...

Do you think that I am able to say if Subtle Scam is better or not?

Alen
Alen

Postby Philippe Billot » 07/06/11 02:52 PM

"Do you think that I am able to say if Subtle Scam is better or not?"

Absolutly not !

Don't forget that Yoda said :

"The true enthusiat climbs to the top with even the shallowest handholds"

Punto. A la linea !
Philippe Billot

Postby Bob Farmer » 07/06/11 02:56 PM

I looked at the description of "Subtle Scam." It is two effects, ACANN and think of a card (TOAC). The first spectator calls out a card and number and the second spectator looks at the deck and thinks of a card.

I have no idea how the trick works, but one way of accomplishing the effects would be to secretly position the card and number (first spectator) during the TOAC phase (second spectator).

After the revelation of the card and number, the thought card could be determined with, say, the Vernon "Out of Sight, Out of mind" approach (assuming the selection also used that approach).

So it's not really the pure ACANN effect--which to me means, at minimum, that once the card and number are named, there should be minimal or no handling of the deck.

It sounds like a good magazine trick, not a pricey manuscript trick.
Bob Farmer

Postby Simone M » 07/06/11 02:59 PM

Alen wrote:
thank you for your post. No, this is my first forum where I start writing something. I start on this forum because I purchase a while ago the new book by Richard Kaufman.
After this book, I purchased other ACAAN effect until two days ago I have found this pdf. I was impressed: You need to pay 400$ to have the same info that I have found in a 12$ ebook.
As I posted that I was impressed for this pdf I was attacked.
Thank you Dominic, but this is not right way to accept a new member here.

Regards,
Alen

The books have started being delivered in Italy 12 days ago. I'm surprised that, after spending 150$ for the real thing you spent 12 days and more money buying other ACAAN effects.

I've been reading the book ever since I got it. Despite that, the quantity of information and the quality of the book and the material is so stellar that I didn't even try to write a couple of toughts about it. Ten days devouring it and I'm still in the initial stage.

So, if you really spent 150$ on the book and the same week you got it, you got the urge to buy other ACAAN effects and totally dismiss the book, then the superficiality you show towards the book is inexcusable.

Add to that that you're shamelessly plugging another product. And you're not saying "it's great" or "I like it", you're basically referring to it as it was the pinnacle of human cleverness in the field. People accused you and you...kept saying that "your" product is worth x40 the price, it's better than this and that etc etc!! So it shouldn't come as a surprise if folks are not that willing to give you the benefit of the doubt...check the thread about the book on the Cafe: there's a guy, incidentally italian, who went on for 5 pages trying to get info about the effects in the book and finally decided (before reading the book)that no, unfortunately the book wasn't for him and he had a better alternative: Guglielmi's ebooks!! That's such a coincidence isn't it?

Please, stop it. Your attempts at selling this crap are so evident and disrespectful it is a pain to read them.
Simone M

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 03:08 PM

Bob Farmer wrote:I looked at the description of "Subtle Scam." It is two effects, ACANN and think of a card (TOAC). The first spectator calls out a card and number and the second spectator looks at the deck and thinks of a card.

I have no idea how the trick works, but one way of accomplishing the effects would be to secretly position the card and number (first spectator) during the TOAC phase (second spectator).

After the revelation of the card and number, the thought card could be determined with, say, the Vernon "Out of Sight, Out of mind" approach (assuming the selection also used that approach).

So it's not really the pure ACANN effect--which to me means, at minimum, that once the card and number are named, there should be minimal or no handling of the deck.

It sounds like a good magazine trick, not a pricey manuscript trick.

Subtle Scam has over 12 effects and not single ACAAN.
For Subtle Scam there are many different handling:

There is a variant where you don't touch ever the deck.

Duplicity is another amazing effect inside this book: Double hands off ACAAN. Just this effect could be better then everything on the market. If you see this effect I believe you will see just a double Holy Grail.

Destiny is Back: Mix between Subtle Scam and Thomas Baxter effect

Behind the Scam: similar to ACAAN

TC ACAAN a single move to have an amazing ACAAN

Beyond Subtle Scam: A very long performance to have an ACAAN like the Holy Grail.

There are 1.000.000 of different concepts inside a single pdf priced 12$. For me nothing is better then Subtle Scam ebook.

Magazine trick? mmmh... I don't believe you have seen this ebook.

Alen
Alen

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 03:17 PM

Simone,
I collect ACAAN effect over 40 years and I am not a guy and my intention is not to continue writing about this ebook.
I just posted here an effect that I purched fews days ago.
Why do you continue to ask me about this ebook?
Please, continue the discussion about the best method of ACAAN that you know.
I expressed just my opinion, you know some other effect? Ok.
Write it here and write also your reason.

Alen
Alen

Postby Brad Henderson » 07/06/11 03:23 PM

Alen,

There is a reason we have all heard of the Berglas effect and no one knows of the subtle scam effect; and it has nothing to do with a clever method for being able to position a named card at a named number. May I suggest that you may have confused methods for secrets in your reading of the Berglas text?
Brad Henderson

Postby Alen » 07/06/11 03:30 PM

Brad Henderson wrote:Alen,

There is a reason we have all heard of the Berglas effect and no one knows of the subtle scam effect; and it has nothing to do with a clever method for being able to position a named card at a named number. May I suggest that you may have confused methods for secrets in your reading of the Berglas text?

Yes! There is a reason! Nobody knows Tommaso Gugliemi
This effect is new. David Berglas is a famous magician, like
Marc Paul, David Copperfield and so on.
If Jean Lacoste says that he has the best card trick ever
you won't believe in him because Jean is not a famous magician, but if you see the Jean's effect you will change mind immediately. The same for Tommaso, maybe the negative is the negative review on this forum that puts him in bad light.
Read the opinion of the famous magician on the Lybrary about Subtle Scam and try to see what they wrote.

Alen
Alen

Postby Bob Farmer » 07/06/11 04:51 PM

Alen, I wasn't referring to all the tricks in the booklet of many (apparently over one million) tricks, but just the trick that's featured.

What if I actually spent $12 on the manuscript, and found that there were less than one million ideas? Can I get a refund?

Would it be pro rata (e.g., if there were only 500,000 ideas, I'd get $6 back)?

I don't know Tommaso Gugliemi so I'm concerned I'd spend the money and not get full value. Jean Lacoste I know--I have several of his golf shirts with the alligator.

Did I mention the "Bammo Dekronomicon" available from all the classier dealers. It has ten million ideas just on page 5.
Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » 07/06/11 05:52 PM

Wouldn't the Italian version be QCQN (qualsiasi carta qualsiasi numero)?

I like the sound of that much better.
Bob Farmer

Postby El Harvey Oswald » 07/06/11 06:07 PM

Obviously you didn't mean BEST . . . there is no such thing as BEST -- only best FOR YOU. All effects (NOT tricks) are equally good. Put differently: There is no such thing as bad tricks, only bad magicians. Nor, however, is there a BEST magician. You might say Dai Vernon is best. But that is no more right than MY OPINION that a totally inept performer is BEST.

To respond to your question: ACAAN blows. Don't bother with it. It's an inferior trick, and cannot be salvaged by even the cleverest of methods. Lay audiences hate it. Yes, they are fooled. But magic is not about fooling the audience. It is about ENTERTAINING. MAYBE if you perform it with music that has lyrics about numbers (.e.g, 867-5309, JENNY). Read Fitzkee.

If you do perform it, it is essential that you be NATURAL. And, remember, there is no more amoral gesture to Our Art than exposing any of the many ACAAN methods, even thought they are mere puzzles. Confusion is NOT MAGIC. This post is not confusing. ERGO: This is magic. Q.E.D.
El Harvey Oswald

Postby Brad Henderson » 07/06/11 06:57 PM

Alen,

If thommaso or lacosta had the best trick ever, don't you think they would be famous magicians? Perhaps their tricks are not as good as you think. Otherwise we would be talking about them and not Berglas.

As I said, you have confused methods and secrets. Now you're confusing chickens and eggs.
Brad Henderson

Postby Smurf » 07/06/11 06:58 PM

I just loved reading this! Genii forum is great!

Just one question: When did Italian become a race?
Smurf

Postby Brad Henderson » 07/06/11 07:03 PM

Almost one week after 'french' became a race in the Berglas thread on the cafe.
Brad Henderson

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 07/06/11 07:08 PM

Brad Henderson wrote:Almost one week after 'french' became a race in the Berglas thread on the cafe.

I thought it was a dressing.

Last I heard some folks were proud to be Gauls/Galic (or descended from).

I wonder who's winning the french race over on that thread?
Jonathan Townsend

Postby BrianB2 » 07/06/11 07:19 PM

Alen wrote:Simone,
I collect ACAAN effect over 40 years
Alen

Since the effect first appeared in The David Berglas File No. 1, in 1976, 35 years ago, how could you be collecting over 40 years?
BrianB2

Postby Richard Kaufman » 07/06/11 07:23 PM

The thread on the cafe, where some intelligent folks actually tried to have a discussion about the Berglas book (once they started to receive it), was hijacked by an imbecile from Italy and a libelous piece of [censored] from Canada (aka [censored]). The moderators, apparently under orders from Steve Brooks not to edit anything [censored] wrote, allowed the thread to spiral down into a dog pile and then simply locked it.

This thread has started to deteriorate into the same type of crap, and it has only required one idiot from Italy (not even [censored] because I won't let that little ground crawler on here).

I'm going to ban "Alen" right now so he can go on the Magic Cafe and rant about his jackass methods for Any Card at Any Number elsewhere.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby El Harvey Oswald » 07/06/11 07:37 PM

Senor Cough-man:

I, too, am an imbecile, and request an immediate banning so that I might join the more intellectually appropriate environment of the Magic Cafe. The quality of discussion here, and there, will improve. Please proceed, or I shall be forced to taunt you a second time.
El Harvey Oswald

Postby John M. Dale » 07/06/11 09:28 PM

And your mother was a hamster & your father smelt of elderberries!!

(Sorry, I just couldn't control myself. I blame the french race.)

JMD
John M. Dale

Next

Return to Mentalism & Mental Magic