A Beautiful Day

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Postby Adam Brooks » 03/08/02 02:07 PM

Disclaimer: this post contains trace amounts of magic-related information (i.e the words "magic" in this disclaimer, and in this i.e)

Today fees like the first true day of spring in and around Cleveland, Ohio (I'm at college). It's about 65 degrees, sunny, and beautiful. All the leftover snow has disappeared, and everyone's walking around in T-shirts. Students have left the dark hallows of the library to study on the now regenerating grass. And, to top off this gorgeous scenario, it's Friday.

If the weather where you are is similar, I ask you for a simple favor. Put away your deck of cards, take those Morgan dollars out of Downs palm. Go outside. Take a walk around the neighborhood.

Hold up a palm to the wind, and feel the air moving past your fingers.

Wet your hands in a fountain or, even better a river or pond. Let them air dry.

Run barefoot through a field, or your backyard.

Sometimes we forget what comfort really feels like.

Dreaming,

Adam
Adam Brooks

Postby Guest » 03/08/02 03:10 PM

Adam Brooks wrote "...It's about 65 degrees, sunny, and beautiful. All the leftover snow has disappeared, and everyone's walking around in T-shirts. Students...study on the now regenerating grass..."

Adam,
It's about -26C right now and with the windchill it actually feels about -37C, and there is not only tons of snow on the ground with more forecast to come in the next week but lots of ice built up on the road making driving treacherous. Skin freezes in less than 30 seconds in this weather.

"If the weather where you are is similar, I ask you for a simple favor. Put away your deck of cards, take those Morgan dollars out of Downs palm. Go outside. Take a walk around the neighborhood. Hold up a palm to the wind, and feel the air moving past your fingers. Wet your hands in a fountain or, even better a river or pond. Let them air dry. "

If I were to do that at this moment my fingers would snap off like twigs in a matter of minutes.

"Run barefoot through a field, or your backyard."

I don't think so!

"Sometimes we forget what comfort really feels like.
Dreaming,
Adam"

Comfort is sitting in front of a warm fire out from the elements dreaming of the day that warm weather returns.
Enjoy the weather you have and don't think of those of us in the frozen north waiting for Spring.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.mindguy.com

Postby Bill Duncan » 03/08/02 06:45 PM

Adam,
As a former midwesterner (Michigan) I think I've located your weather! Seattle just got dropped on! We have the worst snow in years.

Now between you and me that's nothing like what you or I would call snow but there were over 60 accidents reported in the past 24 hours and schools were closed. I have about three inchs of melting snow in my yard (which is the second time in three years that I've see ANY snow).

<magic_related_content>
I like Paul's suggestion. I'm gonna light a fire and read something good from Kaufman and Company.
</magic_related_content>

:D

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Duncan ]
Bill Duncan

Postby Terry » 03/09/02 05:27 AM

We just had a weather advisory...40 - 50 mph wind gusts & thunderstorms this afternoon.
Terry

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » 03/09/02 09:59 AM

The Big Easy is balmy now. So are the environs. Everyone is as euphoric as Dilbert on Friday.The breezes out of the Gulf are rain-scented. I wandered out from my bunker yesterday to see SRO show by magician-comedian, Pat Hazell, called "The Wonder Bread Years." Great show. Closed with a version of "Snow Storm." Standing O.

Early this morn and wandered out again to the park, danced around the May pole, and threw two decks of Tally-Hos to the heavens, letting them shower down around my head. Even the roaches were waltzing.
Shoo fly, my Three Fly.
Yowsa.

Life is good.
Time for a Latte Grande.

Onward...

[ March 09, 2002: Message edited by: Jon Racherbaumer ]
Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Guest » 03/09/02 11:56 AM

Not to rain on this weather parade, but I'm interested in the Hazell show, Jon.

I knew Pat briefly maybe 17-18 years ago--before he worked on Seinfeld, created the credit card ads, etc.--and since I've seen him pop up on The Tonight Show once or twice (he's likely been on more) doing straight comedy.

So I'm interested in the show you saw that was called "The Wonder Bread Years" and ended with a version of Snowstorm. Back when I knew him, he did a great comedy magic show. Was this new show mostly comedy, mostly magic, or about equally both?

Postby John Pezzullo » 03/09/02 05:29 PM

Everyone is as euphoric as Dilbert on
Friday.

Is that before or after his five 'Tequila Slammers'?
John Pezzullo

Postby John Pezzullo » 03/09/02 05:44 PM

From "Hierophant" #5:

Bite your tongue.
Get a cinder in your eye.
When you feel good, you feel nothing.

- R. Buckminster Fuller
John Pezzullo

Postby Andy Hurst » 03/09/02 07:51 PM

I had bran for breakfast.

Andy Hurst.
Too much for most magi?
Andy Hurst

Postby Pete McCabe » 03/09/02 11:10 PM

What a beautiful day here in Woodland Hills, in the west valley just north of LA.

My wife and I took our 2-year-old son to the beach in Malibu, where we played in the water. I was able to show him hermit crabs in the water.

Ah! Magic!
Pete McCabe

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » 03/10/02 12:34 AM

To John P.: Thanks for bringing me back to terra firma with a vengance. I miss Bucky Fuller.
To EE: Check out the Genii Website next week. There will be a full report on Pat H.'s show, which was superb. Mostly comedy...not standpoint. More Cosby-Twain.

Onward...
Jon Racherbaumer

Return to General