To defend my friends honor and the move!
Firstly, it sounds like someone has some major personal issues, and feels the need to unjustly make statements and accusations that they obviously know little about...you have some very vocal opinions with absolutely NO basis. Learn the thing and then form an opinion!
Seriously, a few of you seem to be unable to admit you were fooled. Rejoice and enjoy the moment, stop the negativity for god's sake! Go learn the move!
So what! You were fooled, and therefore it must have been accomplished by duplicates cheating or whatever? Are your egos that fragile? Go learn the move!
I would be, and always am when it happens, thrilled when I am fooled by a move or effect. I would do all I could to hunt down, learn, study and add it to my existing skill set. But what do I know...I have only been a full time pro since 1989.
Insulting Georges integrity, as well as my move, is an insult to me as well. Therefore...
To set the record straight!
I am Daniel Fishman. The inventor of a Dribble Pass!
The video is real, so is the pass, and so is my dear friends ability to execute it DAMM WELL! If you don't believe him or I, well ask for more info, try a live chat, meet up face to face...why just attack? Shows how weak your point of view truly is.
Coincidently, the video you have seen was released on a private, members only board-"The Second Deal".
It was a pre-release of Georges graphic novel, my currently in the making new notes, book and 2012 lecture tour. (Maybe a few in 2011)
Its' purpose was to show how it looks to fellow "Second Dealer's". It was NOT for YOU! Sorry, you weren't included in that "loop". All those who it was meant for, enjoyed it a great deal.
FYI, everyone who has since purchased his book, has had nothing but the nicest of things to say about it, the effects, material and his book. Additionally a few of those who could not afford it at the time, but were nice enough to ask, were sent the bare bones write up of the move for free. Yes all "Second Dealers".
So before you chastise someone or as you said..."Calling someone out", you might want to learn the move. At the very least be invited to watch the move. Just a thought here, but if you need to go on the cheap, then at least talk to anyone who does the move and go see it. You could also find someone who owns the book, read it, and try it out. Or is that just to much to ask of such an "EXPERT" on the pass?
Okay I am off the soap box now. In the near future, there will be several videos, DVDs, and notes that will include this move, with all of the current variations and several other great utility moves, tricks, and routines soon enough. I hope you don't mind if I do this on my timetable and not yours.
Some additional facts for credit, history and the record keepers!
1. My dribble pass, has been around for over 20 years.
2. First taught it when I lecture at "Michigan Magic Day", I believe 1990 or 1991...I will confirm exact date, before any major release.
3. It was developed and has gone thru several slight changes variations and improvements with the aid of my friends and mentors: Bill Kalush,( The man who inspired my study of the Pass and INHO, THE master of the pass.) Bob Stencil, John Luka, and Ron Bauer.
4. It was perfected over more close up shows, than most if anyone has ever worked. During a 5 1/2 year period (1990-1995) I worked a 17 show a week life. Those gigs were 2-3 hours a piece, or approximately 800 shows a year. Really closer to 880 shows or almost 2,000 hours a year before practice and rehearsal time, but who is counting.
5. Over that period of time, it was shown and taught to dozens magicians, from beginners to the top of the top guys!
6. It was also shown to dozens of great magicians during my 1995/1996 season at "Malone's Magic Bar". Including , Williamson, Swain, and Zarro. Also in 1996 I received 2nd place at the Florida State Magic competition, for close-up. I had no act and winged it...I used the Dribble pass as my control for the competition. After the results came in, I taught it to everyone who wanted to learn it.
7. Upon my return to Michigan, I lectured and sold 70 copies of my notes and eventual sold out of the whole lot of 250 copies during the next few months. This set of notes included the second write up of the Dribble Pass and it was named the "Bottom Card Cover Gravity Dribble Pass". I know horrid name, to descriptive, but I was younger than.
8. It was shown around at the 2nd, "Second Deal" convention in Chicago. This convention was an honor to Marlo's life and all of his students were present as well as the pre-release of the big bound book itself. I showed this move and others to everyone and anyone. Friends like, Mike Powers, Paul Cummings, and Kosta to name a few. Kosta stills owes me a move in trade! I will collect someday my friend!
9. By 1998, February 2nd 1998 to be exact, I opened my own place. Called "Illusions Bar and grill", in Royal Oak MI. A small $2.5 million dollar, 186 seat magic bar and grill with non-stop magic. I think a tens of thousands of people came thru my doors monthly. Even some magicians came in and saw, learned or played with the move.
10. Since then, the concepts and ideas behind my pass have been floating around the so called "Underground". They move has been borrowed, stolen, dived up, and watered down.
I truly think a few great people, thinkers and workers have independently invented parts of it, if not all of it in one way or another.
Believe me, if you are a real worker and spend enough time thinking about these sort of things, I am sure some would eventual come to similar if not the same conclusions. It only makes sense! And those few who have...I commend and applaud your work, dedication and contributions to our art. I can't wait to share, and collaborate with you!
I hope that clears up the who, what, where, when, and whys from my point of view.
If anyone wants to learn, please feel free to contact me. Those who are idiots...please, find a real life, a different hobby, we have enough to deal with, without your attitudes, rants and tantrums. I wish you well, but stay away from me...I have more important and fun things planned.
All the best, catch you later,