For my next book......

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.

Postby Guest » 06/09/04 10:26 PM

I am in a real quandry here. I really appreciate books on presentation and magic theory. Recently, I have come across the following books (see below) and I don't know which one to purchase next. Knowing me, I am certain that I will eventually purchase all three as they all seem to be great tomes.

Any brief reviews or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also, are the three books really comparable? By that I mean, do the three books deal with the same material sufficiently enough that a comparison could be made, or, are they sufficiently different in material content that any comparison attempt would be like comparing apples to oranges? Anyway, the three books are:

"Leading with your Head" by Gary Kurtz

"The Magic of Thinking Creatively" by Barry Mitchell

"Maximum Entertainment" by Ken Weber

Thanks in advance for any suggestions regarding these three books.

Mike

Postby Guest » 06/09/04 10:57 PM

I don't know about the first two, but I can certainly recommend Maximum Entertainment, especially if you do a lot of stage work. The book is very thourough and very insightful. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Postby John Smetana » 06/10/04 03:59 PM

I would strongly recommend MAXIMUM ENTERTAINMENT by Ken Weber. This is a must have book for any entertainer, and for a mentalist or magician it is an invaluable work.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana
John Smetana

Postby Guest » 06/10/04 08:28 PM

Jakob and John, thanks for the info. It is much appreciated. I have heard nothing but good things about the "Maximum Entertainment" book.

Also, as an update, I was just advised that the Gary Kurtz manuscript ("Leading with your Head") is able to be purchased from the Doc Eason site for $20.00. That is great information for someone (me) that has been trying to find a USA source for this manuscript.

Thanks again for the info on "Maximum Entertainment".

Mike

Return to Light From the Lamp