In a stressfully frantic attempt to complete the FASDIU II lecture notes in time for FFFF, I am writing, photographing,laying out, and so forth like a madman between infrequent meals and quick naps!
I do need some help with some references that have eluded me. I'll also be posting this message on the TSD board, so please accept my apologies for the double-posting... I am eternally grateful to any help anyone may be able to provide!
1. For thirty years Ive attributed the following mini-effect to Paul Rosini. Now, scouring my library (and especially the Tarbell Course, where I thought Id originally found it) I cannot locate a reference. Control a selection to the top and double lift exposing an indifferent card. Turn the double down and hand the top card to a spectator. Have them stab the card into the deck in an attempt to locate their own card. Show them that the card they stabbed is now their actual selection.
2. Where is Carmen DAmicos DAmico Change in print? Kaballa?
3. Where is Lin Searles great little finesse published wherein one applies pressure with the left thumb to the outer left corner of a group of reversed cards on top of the deck so that, by virtue of their natural curvature, the inner left corner of the face up group pops up from the deck allowing a pinky break to be established?
4. Who first published the card-under-glass load? Is it a derivative of Vernons coin load from Free and Unlimited Coinage of Silver from the Dai Vernon Book of Magic?
5. Heba Heba Al, Bob Sheets, Doc Eason, and J. C. Wagner are all known to have featured the card-under-glass effect. Mr. Wagners is on his video which video is it? Are any of the routines in print? The only actual description of card-under-glass that Ive been able to find is in The Complete Works of Derek Dingle by Kaufman. Others?
6. I am aware of card under/in box routines by Guy Hollingworth and Chris Powers. Any others? Not looking for card into box routines only card under and into
7. Unbelievably, I cannot locate my copy of The Card Magic of Paul LePaul. Need a title and page number for a snap-over double lift he describes, the publishers name, and the copyright date.
8. A two-as-three count holding the cards in full Elmsley Count grip. Is this Paul Harris? Is this the EYE count (Victor)?
9. Marlos Book Break move wherein a break is maintained while the deck is flipped over in the hands published where?
10. In which issue of Genii was the Gary Oullet Ruminations column that described Homer Liwags false faro shuffle?
11. Theres a great add-on wherein the performer runs through a deck upjogging, say, the aces. Meanwhile, he culls any number of cards he wants to switch in. When the bottom of the deck is reached, the last 8 or 10 cards are left spread out. The aces are stripped with the left hand and slid under the leftmost or bottom card. Of course, the aces are also slipped above the culled cards and the deck is closed and turned face down. I believe this to be a Marlo technique and although the article in M.I.N.T. Volume 1 (page 242, Combination Cull and Exchange) was pointed out to me, it doesnt exactly match what I have described above. Where is the above set of moves in print?
Thanks again for any help,