From the cabbies' points of view...

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.

Postby pixsmith » 11/28/10 11:57 AM

Interesting post on one of the blogs I follow.

http://lasvegas-taxidriver.com/board/vi ... 110b426306

If you don't read these, and you spend any time in Vegas, you ought to check them out

Oh, and remember to tip your driver...
pixsmith

Postby John Signa » 11/28/10 01:53 PM

While magicians can be cheap, I don't think the comment is directed towards magicians, but rather towards attendees of MAGIC, a convention for clothing buyers. It is a large convention (multiple convention centers, including the main LV center) held twice a year in LV.
Anytime I mentioned to a cabbie that I was in LV for a magic conference, they assumed I was referring to MAGIC ("Wasn't that last/next week/month?").
John Signa

Postby pixsmith » 11/28/10 05:30 PM

It's possible. It is hard to tell from some of the other posts -- but I would think that they would be hard pressed to really find enough magicians to get a good sample of bad tipping.

Though I know some waitresses at our regular hangouts that know all too well....

Thanks -- I meant to mention that, but got ambitious in my "send" and didn't think about it until too late to edit.

Cheers,
pixsmith

Return to Alternative Media