Dai Vernons Work

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.

Postby Guest » 08/11/06 03:35 PM

I'm not sure where this fits but what the heck. I have been reading the newly released collection of Dai Vernons columns and they are fantastic. It is amazing how much he influenced me even w/out my knowledge. There are quotes and beliefs I carry concerning the art that I'm encountering in the columns and realize that those that shared those thoughts with me encountered them in the Vernon columns and passed them on. Reading his thoughts and about encounters with legends of the art gives a new dimension to people I only know by name and creation. What a great thing to release, I appreciate it.
Steve V

Postby Leonard Hevia » 08/21/06 04:33 PM

Steve's post reminds me: Will "The Unseen Side of Vernon" column ever resume again in Genii? Only two columns were printed the first year Kaufman took over the journal.

The columns described Vernon's finessed versions of his previously published card moves. I thought Vernon's one-handed double lift get-ready was killer so I learned the original two-handed method from Expert Card Technique.

Kaufman said they would appear once in a while, but it's been long time...
Leonard Hevia

Postby Richard Kaufman » 08/21/06 06:43 PM

It has been a long time. The other material I was planning to use in that column will all appear in the next Dai Vernon special issue of Genii sometime in 2007.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Leonard Hevia » 08/23/06 03:29 PM

Thank you Richard. I guess we'll all look forward to that issue...
Leonard Hevia

Return to Columns