Ask Kevin Connolly about Houdini--the Key by Culliton

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Postby houdini's ghost » 08/31/10 09:25 PM

Only one person in the magic world has had the opportunity to see Houdini--the Key (sans cover) and that is Kevin Connolly, the dean of Houdini collectors.
A year ago, Kevin asked me if he could have the printer's proof when I got it. I sent it along last week, and, after getting back from vacation, Kevin got it today.
I got the impression from the message he left that he liked it.
I have already decided to never delete that message so I can play it in my darkest moments. It'll cheer me right up.
I should have the books in two weeks. I will keep the pre-publication price of 160 + 12 until September 18--which will be my 66th birthday.
My birthday present to myself will be to bump the price up to 195 + 12.
If anybody doubts the book is worth that, ask Kevin.
houdini's ghost

Postby Kevin Connolly » 08/31/10 10:53 PM

Thanks for the kind words, but Dean of Houdini collectors I am not, especially after reading your book, "Houdini - the Key". I have read all the books on Houdini and I have to say that this is the best single volume book on the subject. Without this book in your magic or Houdini library, your ability to fully see behind the scenes in Houdini's life would be compromised.

As mentioned above, I collect Houdini. With "Houdni -the Key", I don't know which would be harder to do; to amass all of this material in this book or to pay for it once you found it. Being a collector, I know what two problems face me all the time, time and money. With this book, those burdens are now lifted. I don't have to turn to one book, only to be sent to another book or magazine. Now it's all in my hand.

I could go on and on about this book from the Houdini collector side with ease. The book will be of great interest to the Houdini collector, magic historian, escape artist or anyone who loves a great book.

Here is the link to buy Patrick Culliton's book.

http://www.houdinisghost.com/howhedidit.html
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.
Kevin Connolly

Return to Magic History and Anecdotes