I was happy to see...

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » 09/17/02 10:32 AM

I noticed that this month's issue (Juan Tamariz) has brought back two of my favorite features -- David Regal's "Speaking Volumes" and Pete McCabe's "Scriptwriting."

The way Speaking Volumes appears is great -- not even taking up a whole page, but as a little side note. It's a nice way to feature one book/trick without taking up a whole lot of space. Will we be seeing this every month, or every other month, or what? I'm just happy to see that this is back.

The Scriptwriting feature is, I think, very important. Pete has a bunch of great ideas for the standard "How did you do that?" question, in ways that won't insult your audience. I hope this will be a recurring feature as well (the scriptwriting section, not answers to "How'd ya do that?", although that could be interesting, too).

-Jim
Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Matthew Field » 09/17/02 01:10 PM

I've got to second Jim's remarks. I thought Pete McCabe's piece was especially well written, and should be food for thought for all of us.

Well done Pete, and I'm very glad to see David Regal's feature appearing on a regular basis as well.

Matt Field
Matthew Field

Postby Richard Kaufman » 09/18/02 07:30 AM

Speaking Volumes will, indeed, appear every month. The November installment is over a half page, and focuses on Peter Duffie. It's very good.
The Eagle Regal strikes again.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Bill Mullins » 09/18/02 08:14 AM

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
The Eagle Regal strikes again.
Eagle Regal? You sure it's not Seagull or Beagle Regal??
Bill Mullins

Postby Mitch Dutton » 09/18/02 08:26 AM

Fleagle Schmeagle?
Mitch Dutton

Postby John Pezzullo » 09/18/02 02:18 PM

Speaking Volumes will, indeed, appear every month.
This is wonderful news.

Perhaps 'Speaking Volumes' should be renamed 'David's Regalo'. The Spanish word for gift is 'regalo'.

Thank you David, and thank you Richard for publishing such a fine magazine.
John Pezzullo

Return to Columns