Jack Parker Reloaded

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.

Postby Guest » 05/29/07 01:53 PM

Just wanted to thank Jack Parker and Richard for providing another great selection of magic. I can't wait to perform "The Three Stooges". It's just the type of devious and bold magic I like.

Also what a classy and honest introduction ("Why?") to "Magicana:Jack Parker Reloaded" by Jack Parker.

I've never had the opportunity to meet or correspond with Jack Parker, but I wanted to thank him for his generous contributions to card magic. I also wanted to mention that I firmly believe his ingenious "pasteboard "tinkerings"" will be enjoyed by many future magicians. (Heck there's many us us enjoying them now.)

Thanks Jack.

Postby Guest » 05/29/07 02:14 PM

I'll second that. Maybe it's just personal taste, but for me his material really stands out from a lot of other things that are published.

I fooled myself badly when running through "Revolutionary Card". My wife called me away in mid-trick, and when I came back to it I'd completely forgotten about the other three reversed jacks, so for a moment the ending was a complete surprise.

Postby Guest » 06/01/07 04:11 AM

Rather than post replies to the various places threads have been started I thought I'd wrap them all up here. So a very heartfelt thank you to everyone who has contacted me regarding the Magicana - both regarding the effects and my health. It really does mean the world to me to know the material is being used and enjoyed. I tried to put together a very strong collection of items as it appears from your response you agree. Rest assured, though, that there are still plenty left for my book which Andi Gladwin is currently working madly on.

The flow of emails and PM's with good wishes and prayers for my family are also a great boost. Can I apologise for not replying to them all but the back pain makes sitting at a keyboard for any time a hard job.

Finally a big thanks of course to Richard not only for the column space and the wrap picture but for all his encouragment with the Magicana and my book.

All the best

Jack

Postby Guest » 06/14/07 01:59 PM

Jack Parker is the Man! So many wonderful ideas. On in and under is one of my favs.

Postby Vorzico » 05/13/08 08:19 AM

Anonymous wrote:Jack Parker is the Man! So many wonderful ideas. On in and under is one of my favs.

Agreed.. his "angled-after burner" sleight has lots of applications, one i use a lot..
Vorzico

Postby RogueMD » 05/16/08 03:17 AM

Vorzico wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Jack Parker is the Man! So many wonderful ideas. On in and under is one of my favs.

Agreed.. his "angled-after burner" sleight has lots of applications, one i use a lot..

I believe Jason Alford should be credited with this sleight...Jack liked the move and found many applications in different effects. These were published several years ago in a manuscript.

Michael
RogueMD

Postby Richard Kaufman » 05/16/08 01:20 PM

If you count five posts up to the one that begins with this line, "Rather than post replies to the various places threads have been started ... ," you will find the last post Jack made here on the Forum. He has been dead almost a year. Very sad. Hope you are all buying a copy of his book 52 Memories.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Perrin » 05/17/08 10:03 PM

Richard, Yep! I got the book! AWESOME!
Richard Perrin

Return to Magicana