New List of Collectible Periodicals from George Daily

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Richard Kaufman » 02/19/10 07:02 PM

MAGIC COLLECTORS BULLETIN
New Series
Volume 1 No. 13 March 2010

GEORGE DAILYS
MAGICANA FOR COLLECTORS
5 VINEYARD HAVEN
NEW CUMBERLAND, PA. 17070 U.S.A.

(717) 774-1582

VIEW THE LIST BY REQUESTING A COPY FROM GEORGE AT: gsdaily@comcast.net

EDITORIAL

With this list The Magic Collectors Bulletin and I have come full circle, starting my career selling out-of-print magic literature in 1972. Back then my specialty was conjuring periodicals, which we return to 37 years later with this issue of MCB. During this period the market has changed dramaticallywe now have the internet, DVDs, CDs, and the Conjuring Arts Research Centers Ask Alexander, all of which have contributed to the decline of those that collect conjuring periodicals. The days of receiving Want Lists from collectors looking for odd issues of a periodical to complete their file seem to have long passed. Today, with a click of a computer key the data is instantly available, often free, comprehensive, and not space intensive.
Whether or not there is even a market for the periodicals in this MCB is doubtful. So why do it??? A recent purchase of a very large collection that contained thousands of conjuring periodicals has presented a challenge of bringing them to market. eBay today is a shell of the wonderful auction platform it started as years ago. There are few bidders, excitement, or interest.in my opinion destroyed by managements push to a BUY IT NOW mentality, turning eBay into just another Amazon or Wal-Mart. That, coupled with eBays pro-buyer, anti-seller position has turned many sellers off, forcing sellers to look for alternate ways of bringing their material to market. Recent policy changes at eBay that are favorable to sellers indicate management is well aware of their foolish mistakes and are making a strong effort to right-the-ship. I will continue to list material on their site, as in the past it was, and could continue to be a wonderful auction platform.
Generally speaking all the periodicals in this MCB are complete with covers, free of clips, and are in Good condition unless noted otherwise. However, please bear in mind that the older titles might show their age to one degree or another. There might be toning/foxing of the paper, minor tears, edge chips, wrinkles from mailing, or other minor imperfections.
Also remember that all of the periodicals listed are single issues, as there is no back-up stock. First ordered, first served.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Return to Collector's Marketplace