Ellusionist Rare items for Haiti : Ebay

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby David Mitchell » 01/29/10 02:37 PM

Hey guys. This isn't 'my' auction, but since most of you know I work for Ellusionist I thought I'd post it here. 100% of the proceeds of these items will be donated to relief efforts for Haiti. For people going through what they are down there, our trials pale in comparison.

Any questions about these items can be directed through me if you need to ask.

5 Black Ghost 1st Ed decks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0548277820

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0548279778

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0548280048

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0548280226

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0548280358



1 Red Porper Arcane Clip

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0548288346



3 Black Ghost Uncut 1st Ed sheets

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0548293531

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0548296091

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0548296689


David Mitchell
Ellusionist.com
David Mitchell
David Mitchell
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: St Catharines

Postby Mark Collier » 01/29/10 02:43 PM

$10.41 shipping for a deck of cards?
Mark Collier
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 01/18/08 01:00 PM
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca

Postby Sebastien L. » 01/29/10 03:43 PM

You put a lower price to entice more people, but you pump up the shipping as a hidden fee. It's the eBay way.

Be glad you're in the US. I get quoted $56 to ship a deck to Canada. Come on now
Sebastien L.
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 03/30/08 05:36 PM
Location: Canada

Postby mrgoat » 01/29/10 04:59 PM

Why doesn't "the person" just send some money to charity if that is what they want to do?

I was quoted $69.23 for shipping to England. I thought concorde had stopped flying?
User avatar
mrgoat
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Richard Kaufman » 01/29/10 06:14 PM

I would imagine this is some sort of error and they will correct it. If not, they're going to get reamed in their eBay ratings.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
User avatar
Richard Kaufman
 
Posts: 20775
Joined: 07/18/01 12:00 PM
Location: Washington DC

Postby Raleigh » 01/29/10 06:25 PM

Do the high shipping proceeds go to Haiti quake relief efforts ???? Raleigh
Raleigh
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 01/23/10 12:47 PM
Location: Las Vegas , Nv.

Postby David Mitchell » 01/29/10 06:42 PM

Ebay doesn't let us use our rates, and we're trying to figure out how to remove the 'shipping rates' and insert 'seller will contact with shipping' like I've seen on so many other auctions.

Every time we remove UPS as a shipping option, Ebay puts it right back in. Any ideas would be apprecitated.

We'd still prefer to ship UPS, as the insurance an the tracking options are what you want for these products.
David Mitchell
David Mitchell
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: St Catharines

Postby Doc » 01/29/10 08:50 PM

David Mitchell wrote:Ebay doesn't let us use our rates, and we're trying to figure out how to remove the 'shipping rates' and insert 'seller will contact with shipping' like I've seen on so many other auctions.

Every time we remove UPS as a shipping option, Ebay puts it right back in. Any ideas would be apprecitated.

We'd still prefer to ship UPS, as the insurance an the tracking options are what you want for these products.



You cannot change the terms of an eBay auction once there are bids on it. That is why your changes are being rejected.

Simply adjust the shipping cost to the lower one in the invoice that YOU, not eBay, send to each winner. You are also permitted to add this information to the auctions through a revision that will display in the footer of each listing.

You should make a request to disregard all of the eBay payment prompts and nags and await the arrival of your invoice in the revision.

If the winner pays immediately without waiting for your invoice you can refund the shipping overcharge through the refund link in PayPal's detail page on each remittance.

These additions may be made in bulk so that you do not have to revise each individual listing.
User avatar
Doc
 
Posts: 89
Joined: 01/22/10 07:53 PM

Postby mindyourmagic » 01/30/10 09:55 AM

I would have liked to have placed a bid on the uncut sheet of cards but at $115.13 shipping, I think I will leave it.....
Last edited by mindyourmagic on 01/30/10 09:57 AM, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: spelling
User avatar
mindyourmagic
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 01/24/09 08:32 AM
Location: UK

Postby David Mitchell » 02/03/10 04:37 PM

In a first.. which I don't think I've ever EVER seen from ebay, we've had the auctions pulled by them because the items were too valuable for our account.

Check http://blog.ellusionist.com/rare-items-haiti/ for more information.

un... f-ing believable.
David Mitchell
David Mitchell
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: St Catharines

Postby mindyourmagic » 02/03/10 08:30 PM

That's your story and your sticking to it eh?
User avatar
mindyourmagic
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 01/24/09 08:32 AM
Location: UK

Postby Brad Henderson » 02/03/10 08:36 PM

David Mitchell wrote:In a first.. which I don't think I've ever EVER seen from ebay, we've had the auctions pulled by them because the items were too valuable for our account.

Check http://blog.ellusionist.com/rare-items-haiti/ for more information.

un... f-ing believable.


Really?!? I have seen antiques and true rarities sell for tens of thousands of dollars on ebay. How does a deck of black card crash their system?
Brad Henderson
 
Posts: 2461
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: austin, tx

Postby David Mitchell » 02/04/10 12:22 AM

mindyourmagic wrote:That's your story and your sticking to it eh?



Nice implication there. Do you HONESTYLY think we'd post all over the internet about helping a charity, and then pull the auctions a few days later?

If you do think that, then I'm sorry you think so cynically of us.
David Mitchell
David Mitchell
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: St Catharines

Postby David Mitchell » 02/04/10 12:25 AM

Brad Henderson wrote:Really?!? I have seen antiques and true rarities sell for tens of thousands of dollars on ebay. How does a deck of black card crash their system?


I don't claim to understand it, nor will I attempt to explain it for fear of getting it wrong, but it happened. Perhaps the account needed additional confirmation of something.. who knows at this point.
David Mitchell
David Mitchell
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: St Catharines

Postby David Mitchell » 02/04/10 12:26 AM

Richard, can you please close this thread.
David Mitchell
David Mitchell
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: St Catharines

Postby Sonicstabber » 02/04/10 12:33 AM

Seriously.. some people just trying to make a bad thing out of something good.

Eddie
User avatar
Sonicstabber
 
Posts: 57
Joined: 05/31/09 02:49 AM
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia

Postby mrgoat » 02/04/10 07:57 AM

So you very specifically say that 100% of the bid price will be donated. So you are keeping the mark up on the postage for yourselves then?
User avatar
mrgoat
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby David Mitchell » 02/04/10 10:13 PM

mrgoat wrote:So you very specifically say that 100% of the bid price will be donated. So you are keeping the mark up on the postage for yourselves then?


Umm perhaps you need to actually read what you just wrote. The bid price is separate from the postage, which is why it's listed separately. So, we won't be keeping it, it will be going towards the cost of postage and packaging.

Also, I think the Jerry's telethon is on soon, you better get busy trying to find ways to be a jerk to them too.
David Mitchell
David Mitchell
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: St Catharines

Postby Phil Angees » 02/04/10 10:29 PM

David Mitchell is doing a good thing. The girls apparently need something to whine about.
Phil Angees
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 12/23/09 06:42 PM

Postby Raleigh » 02/04/10 10:58 PM

I agree with Phil . Mr. Mitchell is doing a good deed , so let it happen !
Raleigh
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 01/23/10 12:47 PM
Location: Las Vegas , Nv.

Postby jason156 » 02/05/10 12:02 AM

Well, the auctions have ended....and not a single bid.
jason156
 
Posts: 143
Joined: 08/06/08 05:38 PM
Location: Daytona Beach

Postby Brad Henderson » 02/05/10 12:40 AM

For one, I am sincerely curious as to what happened only because I know ebay can be quirky. Curiosity does not necessitate dastardly intent.
Brad Henderson
 
Posts: 2461
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: austin, tx

Postby Phil Angees » 02/05/10 12:53 AM

jason156 wrote:Well, the auctions have ended....and not a single bid.
The auctions are still active. Go to this page for updated links http://blog.ellusionist.com/rare-items-haiti/
Phil Angees
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 12/23/09 06:42 PM

Postby mrgoat » 02/05/10 05:50 AM

David Mitchell wrote:
mrgoat wrote:So you very specifically say that 100% of the bid price will be donated. So you are keeping the mark up on the postage for yourselves then?


Umm perhaps you need to actually read what you just wrote. The bid price is separate from the postage, which is why it's listed separately. So, we won't be keeping it, it will be going towards the cost of postage and packaging.

Also, I think the Jerry's telethon is on soon, you better get busy trying to find ways to be a jerk to them too.


I simply asked if you were making a profit out of the postage and packing as you stated you were only donating the bid price.

But call me a jerk if it makes you feel better about your advertising. I mean, charity.
User avatar
mrgoat
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby mrgoat » 02/05/10 05:52 AM

Phil Angees wrote:David Mitchell is doing a good thing. The girls apparently need something to whine about.


Brilliant. Calling me a girl is meant to be insulting? Will you call me a gaywad next? Insults 8 year olds use ROCK!

Genius!
User avatar
mrgoat
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Phil Angees » 02/05/10 09:22 AM

mrgoat wrote:
Phil Angees wrote:David Mitchell is doing a good thing. The girls apparently need something to whine about.


Brilliant. Calling me a girl is meant to be insulting? Will you call me a gaywad next? Insults 8 year olds use ROCK!

Genius!
Thank you for calling me "brilliant" and "genius."

Comparing you to a girl is not an insult to you--it would, however, be highly insulting to a girl.

Will I call you a gaywad next? That's a strange request.

"Insults 8 year olds use ROCK!" I wouldn't know--I don't hang out with kids.
Phil Angees
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 12/23/09 06:42 PM

Postby mrgoat » 02/05/10 10:50 AM

Phil Angees wrote:Thank you for calling me "brilliant" and "genius."


That was sarcasm. You are neither brilliant nor a genius. I can hold up a flashing sign next time if you are still struggling.

Phil Angees wrote:Comparing you to a girl is not an insult to you--it would, however, be highly insulting to a girl.


Why did you call me a girl then?

Phil Angees wrote:Will I call you a gaywad next? That's a strange request.


Well it follows on from the 8 year old playground insult of calling me a girl, doesn't it?

Phil Angees wrote:"Insults 8 year olds use ROCK!" I wouldn't know--I don't hang out with kids.


Maybe you should stop talking like one, it would avoid confusion for all.

HTH clear up any confusion you had over the matter. I can draw a pic if you are still lost.

Damian
User avatar
mrgoat
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 02/05/10 10:51 AM

Can we get the SarcMark here? looks like some of our readers could do with the cue.
Mundus vult decipi
Jonathan Townsend
 
Posts: 6695
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Westchester, NY


Return to Collector's Marketplace