How to become psychic

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Postby Mark.Lewis » 10/25/09 07:17 AM

For those of you who are interested in the unholy art of doing psychic readings I thought I should give away some information on how it all works. I happen to be psychic myself and have a lot of experience in this area. Here is how it all works. I bet even Randi would accept this explanation.

I am afraid that many people do not understand psychic ability. If I knew everything I could predict the Lotto. However that is NOT what psychic ability is for and is not the way it works. I have suggested in the past that sceptics define what they mean by "psychic". They never seem to be able to do so.

My definition is a trifle less spectacular and ludicrous than other psychic people. I would merely call it heightened intuition. When you do this kind of work you become very sharp indeed. The psychic stuff happens at a deep subconcious level and there is nothing whatever mysterious about it. We all have it but naturally someone who does it all the time has sharpened skills. I believe I know why it works too.

If someone sits down in front of me I know all about them within seconds without them saying a word. In fact I prefer them not to speak since I like the sound of my own voice and I know perfectly well if they start yapping to me I will never get rid of them.

Now how do I do this? I sense things. And 70% of the time I am correct. You can't expect 100%. This is not an exact science like mathematics.

And how do I sense things? At first I was not entirely sure but now I believe I know what is going on. It is all perfectly simple.

Things happen at a subliminal level. Let us assume someone comes into me ten years previously. That person has marital problems. They have a relative who is ill. They also have money problems. They work say in the legal profession.

In the reading they will manifest certain signs and behaviours. I will have no idea what they are. And it is a very hard thing to explain. It is more than body language although no doubt that is part of it. They will have a certain look and there will be a certain feel for the situation.

Over the next 10 years the psychic will see hundreds of different clients but they will all have variations of the same problems. In actual fact there are very few scenarios. Most people come because of love problems and there are only a few situations that come up all the time. Same with money. Health issues and work issues. There are probably no more than about 20 or so different scenarios that come up all the time. I haven't counted them but that is my estimate.

Now here is the interesting thing. Each person will manifest the same signs, micro expressions and body language that people in similar situations will do. Again and again and again. The psychic doesn't have to study these indications. Indeed most psychics may not even be aware of them. However they will pick them up subliminally and not even know that they are doing so.

So ten years later a similar client to the one the psychic saw 10 years ago comes in with an identical set of problems. Or at least some of the same problems. He or she will also give off the same indications that someone did 10 years ago. Psychics who are not as brilliant as myself will delude themselves that because they know the chap is a lawyer, has marital problems and money troubles they will assume that God has given them great and wondrous powers that are not available to the rest of humanity.

They do not realise why they know what they know. I believe that through having done thousands upon thousands of readings they are picking up on subliminal signs that are the same every time. So they call themselves psychic.

I do believe 100% in the Tarot cards. Not because I believe they have certain supernatural powers embedded in them. I do not believe in Jung's theory of synchronicity even if I knew what the hell it was. I believe that the cards come up at random. However for very logical reasons which I do not have the energy to explain they WILL help the psychic to tune in to the client's life. They simply help the intuition process that I have already explained.

I can always tell if a lawyer is sitting in front of me. It happens very rarely but when it does I always know it. I know when a journalist or nurse is sitting in front of me. I know when I have a businessman. I know when I have a cop coming in for a reading (much more common than you might think)

How do I know? Pure intuition and experience. Not psychic you may say? I don't care what you call it as long as the client pays. The sceptics don't pay my rent so their opinion doesn't really matter.

What I am talking about is nothing whatever to do with Sylvia Browne or the claptrap that TV mediums come out with. I am not into guessing games the way they are. I am not a psychic medium and I do not contact dead people.

I do know when a close friend or relative of my client has passed away because this certainly fits into the limited scenarios that comes up as I explained earlier. And I sense the signs of it even though I have never bothered to analyse what those signs are. I just know. However I never contact the person because I know perfectly well that I can't.

Many psychics are sincere people who unfortunately are hampered by belief. That is why they get some things right and some things wrong. Luckily for them most people forget the wrong things and concentrate on the right.

There are very few outright frauds in the psychic business except of course some of the TV mediums and the gypsy type psychics. However there are indeed gifted people who do not understand where their power comes from and consequently are prone to deluding themselves as to what is going on.

I must emphasise that I never try to analyse how people are reacting. I barely look at the client. I am concentrating on their palm or the tarot cards. I pick up their reactions at a subliminal level. It is interesting to note that the more tired I am the more accurate the readings are. That is because the logical analytical part of mind closes down and the "psychic" part (for want of a better word) sharpens up.

There. Now you know what it is all about.
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby opie » 10/25/09 08:46 AM

Mark, I believe that is the most-intelligent short introduction to Psychic arts that I have ever read. I don't necessarily buy into it all, but it does help set a mood of suspending disbelief, for me anyway, to allow for an objective look at some things I have often hastily criticized...

...Maybe I am just getting older and wiser....Also, I think I will drag down my old copy of Walt Gibson's PSYCHIC SCIENCES and give it another read. Maybe I can find out whether or not to call those skills a science or an art...

Hope you are doing well....Stay warm....opie
opie
 
Posts: 502
Joined: 03/14/08 10:43 AM
Location: austin tx

Postby Jolly Roger » 10/25/09 12:01 PM

Ronnie, I have to sincerely say that I am incredibly imressed with what I have just read. However, although you will not admit it, I actually think you are in my definition a genuine psychic, and do have a gift. You dismiss so much in the metaphysical world as being humbug, but there is no question IMHO that you have a spiritual insight that goes beyond the material and analytical. Is it not possible that the vibrations you pick up in a psychic reading go deeper than mere intuition and hunches? I believe there is a greater force/power at work, and you are subconciously tuning into that.

When you first started doing readings years ago, I remember you telling me that you surprised yourself sometimes, and were actually starting to believe you were psychic! Because of your rigid humanistic focus on life, it is unlikely that you will ever accept that there are greater forces working within and without. However, I believe this to be true, and cover this in great depth as it relates to the entertainment profession in my soon to be published book "The Spiritual Stage." www.SpiritualStage.com

JR
www.ComicMagician.com
www.Magician.US.com
www.BestAssemblies.com
www.SpiritualStage.com
User avatar
Jolly Roger
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 03/19/08 05:29 PM
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Postby Mark.Lewis » 10/25/09 12:04 PM

Typical bloody Roger. Twisting my post into an advertisement for his own book. No wonder Brookenfuehrer banned you from the magic cafe.
I must rush away to visit another gifted seer, Paul Pacific.
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby Dick Christian » 10/25/09 03:57 PM

Mark has provided the perfect recipe. Simply add a pinch of salt and you're on your way to a highly successful and lucrative career.
Dick Christian
Dick Christian
 
Posts: 209
Joined: 08/18/08 11:03 AM
Location: Fairfax Station, VA (Metro DC)

Postby Jolly Roger » 10/25/09 08:09 PM

Mark.Lewis wrote:Typical bloody Roger. Twisting my post into an advertisement for his own book. No wonder Brookenfuehrer banned you from the magic cafe.
I must rush away to visit another gifted seer, Paul Pacific.


I KNEW you were going to say that! What does that make me....Psychic or intuitive? Answer........neither. Enlightened! JR
www.ComicMagician.com
www.Magician.US.com
www.BestAssemblies.com
www.SpiritualStage.com
User avatar
Jolly Roger
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 03/19/08 05:29 PM
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Postby Mark.Lewis » 10/25/09 10:54 PM

A "pinch of salt" is not a requirement. Compassion and sensitivity is.
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby mormonyoyoman » 10/27/09 05:57 PM

Mark.Lewis wrote:That person has marital problems...They work, say, in the legal profession.


A redundancy, I would say. (Mark Twain: "Let's say you're an idiot. Then let's say you're in Congress. But I repeat myself...")

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
mormonyoyoman
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 04/04/08 10:54 PM

Postby Mark.Lewis » 10/27/09 06:02 PM

The main concern of people who want a reading is love and relationship reasons. In fact I would say that 75% of clients have this most in mind especially the women. Incidentally it is amazing how many men have readings too. I would say that a quarter to even a third of clients are actually male.

I mentioned lawyers but they are actually rare as are doctors and accountants. You do get hard headed businessmen galore believe it or not.
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby Shad » 11/07/09 11:05 PM

Mr Lewis, this was a brilliant treatise on the profession. I am most impressed with it and look forward to reading more like it.

Are you still selling your course on how to be a psychic (or own a psychic business - don't remember which)?
Shad
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 02/20/09 01:05 PM

Postby Mark.Lewis » 11/07/09 11:47 PM

I still sell it. It consists of 5 DVDS and a CD. I am too exhausted to describe it but in a day or two I will tell you all about it.
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby James Munton » 11/08/09 12:13 AM

I am still waiting for my complimentary set that you promised to send me so that I can tell everyone how wonderful they are.
James Munton
 
Posts: 131
Joined: 05/30/08 10:27 AM
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Mark.Lewis » 11/08/09 12:16 AM

I am not sure you deserve it after your disgraceful diatribes on the other thread. However I shall make you a deal. I do not understand marketing and you certainly don't understand the psychic business. I shall therefore send you the complete set if you send me your very expensive marketing course that you were bragging about elsewhere.
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby James Munton » 11/08/09 12:25 AM

It's a deal. But first, I have to write the bloody thing.

How did you get on today? Did you meet the lady with the woolly sweater as I predicted?
James Munton
 
Posts: 131
Joined: 05/30/08 10:27 AM
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Mark.Lewis » 11/08/09 12:35 AM

I did NOT meet the lady with the wooly sweater. However I did meet some dreadful clients that drove me insane. I am sorely tempted to describe them but that would be breach of ethics and confidentiality.

This is a stressful though lucrative business that I wouldn't recommend to anybody.

One psychic lady was most impertinent. I have a big banner proclaiming that I am a "Famous Irish Psychic" She scoffed thus, "You are not famous, you are not Irish and you are not psychic" I was most indignant when Paul Pacific burst out laughing.
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby Mark.Lewis » 11/08/09 08:10 AM

Here is a half hearted attempt to sell my psychic course which Munton keeps trying to get for nothing. By tomorrow I will be in a fit state to give more information.

Here is a review of my work on a mentalism internet forum. The chap who reviewed it was named Eric Haddix
........................................................................................

Upon hearing [censored] say that it'd take 6 months to digest all of
> what was on his DVDs, I was a little skeptical but I didn't dismiss it
> immediately as the time I've known him, he's been very informative about
> many things in this field. I'm glad I didn't ignore his advice since it
> took about 6 months to take everything in and another couple months to
> be able to put all of it together into a review that I could write.
>
> Mark begins his course with a very good primer on numerology, then
> palmistry and then followed by the tarot. The DVD on numerology is the
> Chinese system of numerology and is excellent because it covers many of
> the basics that other courses forget about: what the basic personality
> types are and how they are used in a reading. This is considered the
> quickest type of reading and only takes five to ten minutes to do but to
> do these that quickly and with any degree of accuracy, you need to spend
> some time learning the system and Mark elaborates on it quite well.
>
> Next, the palmistry DVD teaches the very basics of reading palms. Mark
> does a fine job of explaining how this system works as well as the
> "other uses" of palmistry including its usefulness in information
> gathering. This is probably the system you will want to study the most
> because you have so much to gain by using it since palmistry is the most
> "romantic" of the reading systems and will likely be the most requested
> upon an initial meeting.
>
> The final DVD of the teaching segment is on tarot readings. Mark
> outdoes himself by teaching things that not only make the reading good,
> but also simple for the average reader. He gives several tarot spreads
> and describes all of their uses as well as describing the different
> tarot decks available. This tape is full of hints that no other teacher
> has dared to even say exist.
>There is also included a fantastic little audiotape which covers ethics and other aspects of being a psychic reader.
> > To sum it up, [censored] has compiled some of
> the best info you will ever find in one course and he has taken all the
> guesswork out of learning this extensive field and made it available to those who want to entertain with these skills.

And there it is. The audiotape described above in in in CD form and since the above review was written there has been another 90 minute DVD added which is called "Psychic Dimensions" It is a recording of a TV programme I was on plus I have included a bouns section of me performing close up magic when I was young and hairy. Rather a long time ago I am afraid.

I will give more information when I am less exhausted.
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby Mark.Lewis » 11/09/09 03:23 PM

Here is more information.

The course consists of a one hour DVD on Chinese Numerology. The cost
is $50 plus $5 postage within North America. If you are from outside North America we will have to talk again about postage prices.

There is also a one hour DVD on palmistry. Again the price is $50 plus
$5 postage

Next there is a 90 minute DVD on reading Tarot cards. Price $50 plus $5
postage.

There is a "fireside chat" DVD. The price is $50 plus $5 postage.
This explains the business side of being a psychic.

I now have included a 90 minute DVD called Psychic Dimensions. It is footage of a one hour television show where I was the sole guest. I am doing live readings on people who call in. You can learn a lot from this. And there is a bonus section on the tape where I do close up magic and this was recorded a very long time ago when I had hair.

I also have a 90 minute CD which describes the ethical side of being
a reader and other issues. This sells for $20 plus $3 postage

If you decide to purchase the whole DVD course for $250 I will include the
CD free.

If you decide to purchase I accept Paypal and will arrange for a Paypal
invoice to be sent to you if you do not have an account. It is a very fast
way of getting payment and is based on your credit card. Otherwise you will just have to send me a US cheque which is the slower method.

I can be contacted by private message. I apologise if this advertisement is in the wrong section but I am merely replying to Shad who wanted details of my course.
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby mormonyoyoman » 11/09/09 04:35 PM

I am terribly disappointed. I thought this was a course for "How to Be a Sidekick," and I wanted to be Tonto.
mormonyoyoman
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 04/04/08 10:54 PM

Postby Mark.Lewis » 11/09/09 11:54 PM

By all means be Tonto. There is a great tradition of spirituality among Native Americans/Canadians. In fact a lot of psychics at the fairs pretend they are Native Americans and were brought up on reservations. Of course the nearest they have been to Native reserves is watching Western movies on television.

That doesn't stop them from affecting Indian names although they are as much Indian as I am from Afghanistan. In fact one famous supposedly native psychic I know happens to be a black Jew from Brooklyn.

The psychic business is a very odd one although there are many sincere practicioners therein.
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby mormonyoyoman » 11/10/09 09:33 AM

You are right (I doubt I had to tell you this) as I have noticed, especially as one travels west, that psychics effect a Native background. As one who grew up in Injun Territory (That's the way we used to say it) and attended pow-wows on a regular basis, I suppose I could capitalize on my 1/6th native blood. But though my little brothers look completely dark, my sister and I came out with all the German traits: blond hair, blue & hazel eyes, fair skin. Couldn't get away with it.

At this point, we have wandered so far off-topic that I'd almost challenge you to get us back on topic.
mormonyoyoman
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 04/04/08 10:54 PM

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 11/10/09 09:56 AM

Why fret over the subliminal when a little more work brings those perceptions closer to conscious awareness?

See the 'crystal ball' exercise in Trance-formations for example. :)
Mundus vult decipi
Jonathan Townsend
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Westchester, NY

Postby Mark.Lewis » 12/23/09 03:50 PM

I see that a lot of rather silly people on the equally silly magic cafe are discussing this very subject without having received my formal permission to do so. Needless to say that are all talking complete nonsense. I am the only person who knows about this sort of thing. I am most surprised that nobody asked me.

I found the posts by Entity the most amusing. He attended my psychic seminar and didn't even pay. Sceptics never like to pay for anthing. Mind you the fact that I lost one of his hypnosis books in the laundromat, possibly in one of the machines, may have had something to do with me letting him in free.

He was the star of the seminar. I was foolish enough to ask if there were any questions and he took the opportunity to cause a ruckus and nearly came to blows with disgruntled members of the audience including a very excitable lawyer who wanted to be a psychic instead for some very odd reason.

I enjoyed it very much and I desperately wanted to include the footage in my psychic course being sold to magicians since the whole scene was recorded on video. Regrettably the whole footage was deleted from the course by the producer. I bet I could have sold it for a lot of money. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Anyway here is the daft thread on the magic cafe for your amusement. Some twit or other is asking if there is such a thing as a genuine psychic. Nobody was able to mention me because Brookenfuehrer has installed anti-Mark Lewis software that makes my name come up in astericks. I don't know why Richard never thought of that.

Anyway here it is:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... &start=360
Mark.Lewis
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 09/12/09 07:18 AM

Postby Eugene2 » 04/15/10 11:20 PM

You are psychic or not. No one learns it? Am I wrong?
Keep to the Code
User avatar
Eugene2
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 04/15/10 09:48 PM

Postby Necromancer » 04/15/10 11:58 PM

Eugene2 wrote:You are psychic or not. No one learns it? Am I wrong?


It's true that we may be born with intuition, a strong sense of empathy, and a desire to help others. But to apply those raw materials to a system like palmistry or cartomancy requires considerable study, and to ascend to the level of a confident and competent professional reader may take years of practical experience.

Best,
Neil
Neil Tobin, Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 01/22/08 01:00 PM
Location: Chicago

Postby Eugene2 » 04/16/10 01:33 PM

So everyone is psychic if they train?
Keep to the Code
User avatar
Eugene2
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 04/15/10 09:48 PM

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 04/16/10 01:35 PM

Eugene2 wrote:So everyone is psychic if they train?

Some of us are drivers but still have the train schedules.
Yeah, I made you think that.
Jonathan Townsend
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Westchester, NY

Postby Necromancer » 04/16/10 04:06 PM

Eugene2 wrote:So everyone is psychic if they train?


As in most any area of accomplishment, there are some people born with greater amounts of natural talent, and others who are not. But without the proper training and practice, natural talent remains untapped potential.

Best,
Neil
Neil Tobin, Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 01/22/08 01:00 PM
Location: Chicago

Postby Eugene2 » 04/16/10 09:19 PM

Sorry about my english. Do real psychic think this is true?
Keep to the Code
User avatar
Eugene2
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 04/15/10 09:48 PM

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 04/16/10 10:29 PM

Eugene2 wrote:Sorry about my english. Do real psychic think this is true?


Eugene your English is okay.

WTF is a "real psychic"? Isn't that what Houdini and others like Randi have been looking for ... for a long time? So far all that's turned up are folks who should know better.
Jonathan Townsend
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Westchester, NY

Postby Eugene2 » 04/17/10 11:06 AM

Not all fake psychic. Some pretend. Some possessed by spirit and find lost children.
Man praying in tounges finds girl.
http://www.examiner.com/x-12837-US-Head ... deo-photos
Keep to the Code
User avatar
Eugene2
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 04/15/10 09:48 PM

Postby mrgoat » 04/17/10 11:07 AM

Eugene, you're trying to hard with the bad English.

I reckon you're [censored]. You are certainly a troll. I'd love a mod to look at where his IP is.
mrgoat
 
Posts: 3998
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Eugene2 » 04/17/10 11:10 AM

Mr. Goat say I'm [censored]? Please check so you can be wrong in front of everyone.
Keep to the Code
User avatar
Eugene2
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 04/15/10 09:48 PM

Postby Eugene2 » 04/17/10 11:16 AM

Mental Trick I learned
Msot popele raed amlsot antyhnig wtih mntael cules
Keep to the Code
User avatar
Eugene2
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 04/15/10 09:48 PM

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 04/18/10 12:11 AM

? Popeye and miniature mules?
Mundus vult decipi
Jonathan Townsend
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Westchester, NY

Postby Dustin Stinett » 04/18/10 01:41 AM

I can say that it is highly unlikely that Eugene2 is ML.
User avatar
Dustin Stinett
 
Posts: 5727
Joined: 07/22/01 12:00 PM
Location: Southern California

Postby Eugene2 » 04/18/10 08:52 AM

Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Eugene2 wrote:Sorry about my english. Do real psychic think this is true?


Eugene your English is okay.

WTF is a "real psychic"? Isn't that what Houdini and others like Randi have been looking for ... for a long time? So far all that's turned up are folks who should know better.



Fake psychic found by fake psychic hunter. Real Psychic found by true psychic hunter.
Hunter not true.
Keep to the Code
User avatar
Eugene2
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 04/15/10 09:48 PM

Postby mrgoat » 04/18/10 09:36 AM

Eugene2 wrote:Mr. Goat say I'm [censored]? Please check so you can be wrong in front of everyone.


You are certainly someone you do not appear to be, my guess is Lewis. You try too hard with the 'bad' english.
mrgoat
 
Posts: 3998
Joined: 01/17/08 01:00 PM
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Eugene2 » 04/18/10 07:45 PM

Dustin knows you are wrong. But why change subject. Real psychic hide mostly. Others attack. Why teach to be fake psychic.
I am Eugene.
Keep to the Code
User avatar
Eugene2
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 04/15/10 09:48 PM

Postby Richard Kaufman » 04/18/10 10:55 PM

You may be Eugene, but you are now gone.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
User avatar
Richard Kaufman
 
Posts: 20382
Joined: 07/18/01 12:00 PM
Location: Washington DC


Return to Mentalism & Mental Magic