Conjuror's Corner Tom Dobrowolski Lecture Aug 24 Chicago Area

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » 08/21/09 09:51 AM

Hope to see you there.

In my real job I had a great boss, mentor and friend who would stop by my office and ask What do you know for sure? I would just laugh and respond with some witty retort. After a while I thought about it and began to wonder what did I know for sure?
When Mark asked me if Id be interested in doing a lecture, I said I would and shortly thereafter began thinking about what I would do for the lecture. I knew I wanted it to be something more than just a bunch of tricks. We all know way too many tricks already. I began to think about what I wanted to say with the lecture. What did I have to say? What did I know? What did I know for sure?

I sat down and made a list. In no time I had a list of 10 things I knew for sure about magic and this lecture was born. I should mention I stopped the list when I hit 10. The list could have been longer but I only wanted to include the things that I felt gave me a strong foundation in studying and successfully performing magic.

In this lecture Ill go through each of the 10 things I know and why I feel theyre important. I will illustrate most of them with effect using cards, ropes, eggs and including the marketed effects In The Hands Wild Card and OiATER. ( The trick explanations in the lecture will be brief but thorough. You will be able to learn a few of the effects during the lecture itself.

In going through this process I came to the realization that theres an even longer list of things I still dont know for sure about magic. I would suggest that everyone take the time to create their own lists. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if it were quite different from mine.

I hope you both enjoy and get some useful information from this lecture. Oh and the next time we meet: Id love to see your lists.
Members are free - non-member can pay $15 at the door. Member of another club - get in for 50% off.

Conjuror's Corner meets on the 4th Monday of every month from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
at Harry's Magic Shop / Jensen Entertainment
820 W Lake Street, Roselle, IL. 60172
One mile east of Gary Ave off Lake St
Turn north on Garden Ave to first left - Unit 206
(enter thru Harry's Magic Shop)
Thank you Jim Jensen
Tom Dobrowolski

Return to Magician's Local Hangouts