Stooges

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Postby mrgoat » 02/25/06 06:02 AM

Last night I was out for dinner with my lady and 2 other couple. My girl and another bloke left the table to go to the bar. I told the other 3 that I was going to force the 3 of clubs on Nick (the bloke, obv) and ask them all to name the first card that came into their head on the count of three. And clearly they were all to say the forced card.

I think this is based on an old 'instant stooge' stage effect.

Anyhoo, they returned, I did a few different tricks then went into this one. Did all the NLP nonsense baout making the image bog and bringing it closer to you and all that.

Did the 1,2,3 click.

They all were perfect. Exactly the same time and all reacted wonderfully. Just enough surprise and not too much. Perfect.

Nick and my girl were FLOORED. I mean, totally, utterly floored.

We had desert, I then did Deep Astonishment (a usual closer) and all Nick was talking about all night was the forced card stooge trick. Coffee, in the car, all night.

And my girl was joining in. She knows how some of my stuff works, but this, this she said was so special

So all my sleight of hand, all my practise, all my years of self denial blown away by the use of three stooges.

Should I feel dirty?

I don't think so.
mrgoat

Postby Pete Biro » 02/25/06 10:19 AM

FEEL DIRTY? You ARE DIRTY... a dirty dog for putting ENTERTIANMENT and fun in your work :D :eek: :D
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Return to General