Need a photo of Bob Ellis

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

Postby Brandon Smith » 08/07/09 11:39 PM

I'm in need of a picture of Bob Ellis (who was credited with at least providing the name to the Out to Lunch principle). I would like to use it for a credit in a DVD that I'm producing. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks.

Brandon Smith
Brandon Smith

Postby John Carney » 08/08/09 08:51 AM

I think I have a picture of Bob Ellis on my facebook photos page.........under "magicians photos... my peers".........doing his liquids act.

I am out of the country now, so I can't get to it right now.

maybe you can just take it right off my page.

john carney
facebook.com
John Carney

Postby Brandon Smith » 08/08/09 09:32 AM

John,
Thanks for the heads up on the photo. I think I found it but couldn't quite make out the first name in the signature. Is he the one with the table full of liquids? You had captioned him Mister Fluids.

Brandon Smith
Brandon Smith

Postby mai-ling » 08/12/09 09:38 PM

I have a high quality one that Ken Klosterman
gave me for my book project.

I learned through a few leads that Ken was able
to save some of Bob's items. But the one thing
he wasn't was the one thing I was hoping for.

anywho, I wouldn't mind sending you a copy but
I would want to double check with Ken first
since he was my source. And out of respect
and years of friendship with my parents.
you will remember my name
http://www.mai-ling.net
world's youngest illusionista

mai-ling

Postby Gary Plants » 08/13/09 04:03 PM

I knew Bob Ellis quite well...as a matter of fact, we went to the Norfolk,VA IBM convention together and that was his last magic convention. He died shortly thereafter. We used to have magic club meetings at his home in Huntington, WV. I remember that I sold his book on Robert Harbin (the expensive one) to Denny (of Denny and Lee) shortly after he passed away as a favor to his daughter.
Gary Plants

Return to Reference Room