Question for the sub-trunk.

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Postby Caleb » 04/06/09 06:39 PM

I know that there are different secrets to a sub-trunk but what is that best and easiest way. I'm building one for a show this Easter and I wanted to know which method is the easiest to build and perform, Thank you.
Caleb

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 04/06/09 07:02 PM

Caleb wrote:... a sub-trunk but what is that best and easiest way. I'm building one for a show this Easter ...

You are building a trick to perform in a few days?
Jonathan Townsend

Postby Caleb » 04/06/09 08:20 PM

Yes and no. The show isn't for a month but its for an Easter thing.
Caleb

Postby C Howell » 05/08/09 12:49 PM

The easiest to build would probably be a version that won't need to stand up to audience examination. But you need to also consider if this will be done with audience only in the front or if the performance will have audience on the sides / surrounded. That will also hold weight with the decision of which version.

In terms of performance, any version requires a great deal of skill and rehearsal to present well.

Cheers,

Christopher Howell
London Magicians
C Howell

Postby Dick Christian » 05/08/09 04:10 PM

Caleb,

A month away is really no different from a few days. Since I don't know anything about you it may be presumptuous of me to say it, but by the very nature of you question I suspect that you are a long way from being ready to consider adding a sub trunk performance to your repertoire.

If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance.
Dick Christian
Dick Christian

Return to Platform & Stage Magic