Kevin Connolly wrote:Now I'm working on on Blackstone, JR. Here's my entry:
Jiffy Pop Popcorn Blackstone, JR. Present 1970s(?) 4 Cards Complete( I think) Condition: Fine
There are several Jiffy Pop/Blackstone Jr sets. I have:
1. Round set (5" in dia). Has 4 different.
2. Rectangular set with square corners (4" x 4-1/4"). Set title "Magic Packs" (from notation on front of each card: "Be Sure to Collect all 4 Magic Packs")
3. Square with clipped corners. Cards are basically 4-1/4" square, but the upper right corner is clipped at a 45 deg. angle, and the other three corners are rounded with a radius of about 1-1/4". I have 4 different.
4. Square with circus tent top. These are about 4-1/4" square, with bottom two corners rounded as above, and top two corners clipped so the top looks like a circus tent. I've only got one of these, but the text says there are 4 different.
5. Similar, but not magic. "Blackstone, Jr.'s Magic Monster Decoder". 4-1/4" square with 4 rounded corners as above. Punch out decoder wheels on front, punch out dinosaurs on back. Set of 4.
Other Blackstone Jr. stuff:
"Blackstone's Surprise Magic". Round, 2-1/4" diameter, from 7-11 stores. These look like they were part of a soft drink cup's bottom or top. Die cut/punch out. I've only got 3 diff, but they say "Collect all 15". I also have, in a similar format one of a set of ten "Betchas".
"Blackstone's Magic Trick Gum", 1962, from Philadelphia Chewing Gum Co. Set of 24 paper folders (2-1/2 x 3-1/2") with paper props.
The above set was a partial reissue of "Amazing Magic Tricks," from PCGC ca. 1953. The first set has more than 24 tricks (the highest # I have is #41), and does not have Blackstone associated with it.
Blackstone Sr. also appears in a set of trading cards issued by Abbott's ("Off the Wall at Abhott's", 1999.)
Also, the Dunkin' Donut set from 1983. How may? etc.
I've got 3 diff: "Chase the Magic Ace," "4 Sided Magic Card Trick," "Magic Hat Trick".