Craig Mitchell wrote:As much as the unit is powered by only a 9 volt battery - those with electronics background will know that such a power source can still deliver a high voltage but low amperage shock.
The resistance of the skin will vary the level of the shock. If someone is sweating, the resistance will be lower than someone is not.
The maximum voltage and current that can cause a shock without damage is 10 volts @ .005 amps. The amps are what cause the shock. So with a skin resistance of 1000 ohms, a 9 volt battery can cause around .01 to .02 amps, which is the muscular contraction level, but it wouldnt go much higher that than.
I = e/r (I=amps, e= voltage, r=resistance)