Tony Curtis Biography - photo credit goof

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
JFox

Tony Curtis Biography - photo credit goof

Postby JFox » October 24th, 2008, 5:58 pm

I was just paging through the new Tony Curtis biography (ok, I went right to "Houdini" in the index)...

Anyway, among the photos - is the "well known" photo of DUNNINGER standing next to Tony, pointing to the display boards of handcuffs.

Unfortunately, the photo caption erroneously lists the man pictured as GEORGE BOSTON.

Seems to me, this error should have been caught by Tony, or at least by the editor. But, who would really care or notice, except for us?

btw - in the actual book text re: the Houdini film - G. Boston IS mentioned, not Dunninger.

Of course, both George and Joe were advisers on this film.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Americ ... 495/?itm=1

David Vamer

Re: Tony Curtis Biography - photo credit goof

Postby David Vamer » October 25th, 2008, 3:53 pm

At this point in Tony's life, he's unlikely to catch errors like that. He's a legend, and a beautiful, generous, kind man, but age takes it's toll on us all.

houdini's ghost

Re: Tony Curtis Biography - photo credit goof

Postby houdini's ghost » October 29th, 2008, 11:23 pm

Funny,
I was working with Janet Leigh on an episode of "Starman" and I asked her if she'd worked with Dunninger on the Houdini movie.
She said, "Oh, I met joe, but, the guy that really taught us was George Boston."
I'll bet that's what caused the confusion. Dunninger was the "name" and Boston did the work.
Tony is all that you say, David, and Dave Carradine put it well when he told him, "Tony, you're royalty!"

Return to “Buzz”