Convention Activities for 10 year old girl

Flying around the world for the perfect magic convention? Save some dough and share your room.

Postby George Olson » 07/09/08 05:21 PM

I just got off the phone with my best buddy who now lives in Michigan. He's a single parent with a ten year old daughter and is looking for an activity mate/babysitter/friend for her during the Convention. He will be staying at the Galt House (arriving Sunday night) and would appreciate any ideas folks might have. He's in transition in his career as a Federal Agent DEA. His name is Kenny Magee and his telephone number is 503 781 3174 and he would appreciate a call. He doesn't have access to the internet right now so a call would help.

Thanks,

George Olson
George Olson

Postby Dustin Stinett » 07/09/08 07:00 PM

In working on the convention program, I found a few things of general interest.

Louisville has a fine looking Zoo: http://www.louisvillezoo.org/

If shes a Tomboy (or plays softball), the Louisville Slugger Museum and factory tour might interest her.

If shopping has already become part of her nature, there are several shopping malls close by (taxi ride), which will be listed in the program. The closest (and best according to local contacts) is just across the river in Indiana (7 miles north of the hotel).

Of course, Churchill Downs (and its museum) are close by.

There are also several antique malls close by (that I hope to visit).

There is a bowling alley within walking distance.

If hes not into going to all the competitions, there are several blocks of time built into the schedule where he would be able to do one or two of these activities with her.

(I'll let you call him, if that's okay. Also, all this stuff is listed in the program.)

Dustin
Dustin Stinett

Postby mai-ling » 07/09/08 07:18 PM

when i was 10 at the IBM convention in 1985
(kansas city, mo - blackstone, sr 100th)

I was working in the show...

somehow during the 4 days i enjoyed everything
i was surrounded by the convention.

i remember a lot of what was happeneing.

besides getting paid for being a box jumper.

(and an overall odd duck)
you will remember my name
http://www.mai-ling.net
world's youngest illusionista

mai-ling

Return to Convention Room Mate Finder