Zingone LPs-Mags-KenBrooke-HOUDINI Poster, etc.etc

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby GranHoudini » 03/18/08 11:47 AM

My WebSite was updated Saturday morning (March 15, 2008).

If you're in my data base, then you received the email telling about the update.

If you're NOT in my data base and would like to receive future monthly emails - please click here:

Houdini374@aol.com to request my monthly emailing.

Some of the items have sold, as the buyers in my data base have the opportunity to make purchases first.

With that said, please click on the link below to go to my WebSite:

www.GranHoudini.net

Please email if you've any questions, etc. on any of the items.

Thanks,

Sparky

STEPHEN A. SPARKS
Stephen A. Sparks Collectibles
Specializing in Houdiniana
P. O. Box 1345
Spring, Texas 77383-1345 USA

281-353-1014 (Phone and/or Fax)
281-827-4001 (Cell)

Email: Houdini374@aol.com

Ebay's: Gran*Houdini

=====
While I'm here - here's the text only list:

2349-7536) ZINGONES RECORDED CARD TRICKs.

Distributed in 1939 by Magic Record Co., New York City.

This offering includes Volume 1 (three record LPs) and an fourth LP. Plus, the original album, which holds the LPs.

These, almost 10", records feature one effect on each side.

The four LPs contain the following effects:

#1"Mind Reading Trick (Coincidence)" and #2 "The Magic Name".

#102 "Card In Pocket" and #103 "Novel Discovery".

#104 "Coincidence" and #105 "The Grain of Wisdom".

#106 "The 'G' Man Card" and #107 "Revealo".

The record has a photo insert of Louis Zingone, himself.

All the above is the good news. The bad news is all LPs are cracked/broken, as can be seen in the photo's below.

Please click any 'thumbnail' photo to bring up the larger photo - then click your back arrow to return to this page.

The first photo shows the first two LPs, the second photo shows the other side of the LPs, which have been taped.

According to person, whom I purchased these from - the one side can still be played.

OK, back to the good news - in the past, when I've had Zingone LPs for sale, I had no trouble in selling them for $35.00each.

Had the LPs, in this offering, not been broken - I probably would have asked at least $150.00 for the lot. But, since this isn't the case, I will price this lot at $50.00( Four LPs -and- the album holder for the LPs)

2350-5540) THREE NonMAGIC MAGAZINEs WITH "MAGIC THEMED" COVERs

a) THE FARM JOURNAL Magazine for November 1926. Volume 50, #11.

A Magician in full tux, holding a magic wand in his left hand. His right hand holding a rabbit by its ears - as if having just produced it from the farm boys hat. The boy is holding the hat between his two hands and his face has a look of wonder as to how the Magician just performed this miracle. On top of the Magicians table an empty glass, a couple balls and a top hat with silks draped over the hats edge. On the floor are playing cards scattered about.

Great period piece from the 1920s.

b) MAD Magazine Number 182 for April 1976.

The one, the only - Alfred E. Newman on the cover as a magician, pulling a rabbit out of the top hat.

Not to be outdone, the rabbit is pulling Alfred out of his top hat, as well - who's, also, holding another top hat and just starting to pull out another rabbit.

c) COLLIERs Magazine - May 20, 1939

Great cover of a magician, on stage, levitating his assistant - and - reading his magic book "Magic Self Taught, Lesson 2" - as if he's come this far and doesn't know how to proceed.

Three magazines from the 1920s, 30s, and 70s. - $35.00/each

2351-1359) THE MAGICIAN Monthly Magazine

Edited monthly by Will Goldston, et al in Liverpool and London, England.

This offering is for 32 issues spanning the dates of December 1910 thru November 1921.

Volume 7, #1,2,3,4 - Spanning the dates of December 1910 thru March 1911
(Issues apparently have been removed, from having once been bound.
Thanks to wide margins, no text, photos, etc. are affected)

Volume 13, #3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 - Spanning the dates of February thru November 1917
(Slits running through the magazines, as if bound at one point in time.

Volume 14, #1,2,3,4,5,6,7 - Spanning the dates of December 1917 thru June 1918
Thanks to wide margins, no text, photos, etc. are affected.
Issue #7 back cover loose with a few pieces missing from the border edges)

Volume 17, #2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 - Spanning the dates of January thru November 1921
(#s 2 thru 6 have been hole punched on the left side.
Thanks to wide margins, only very minor (very minor) text loss; photos, etc. aren't affected)

Houdini shown as the President of The Magician's Club of London, in all but four issues.

Hold on, I just came across another batch:

Volume 25, #10 - September 1929

Volume 31, #1,2,4,6,10, - Spanning the dates of December 1934 thru September 1935
Those appearing on the covers include:
The 24th Annual Banquet of the Magic Circle - Rhoderiques - Cecil Earthy - Yun Len Tu - A VERY YOUNG Kuda Bux

Volume 32, #4,6,8,10(2),12 - Spanning the dates of March thru November 1936
Oswald Williams and Mary Maskelyne - Fred Brezin - Fred Montague - Milbourne Christopher(2) - Douglas Swanson

Volume 33, #1,6,8,9,11 - Spanning the dates of December 1936 thru October 1937
Robertson Keene, Alex Gordon, Francis White, Will Blyth - Harold Holden - John R. Boyce - Bridger Lewis - Sir Julien Cahn

49 total assorted issues (and not 32) of this Wonderful British publication. - $250.00

2352-9323) THE LITERARY DIGEST Magazine November 20, 1926 - Volume 91, #8.

Inside, spread out over four pages, is the article (with a total of four photographs):

"THE MAN WHO LAUGHED AT LOCKSMITHs"

A GREAT biographical article on Harry Houdini, published only 20 days after his passing on October 31, 1926.

As can be seen from the photos, below, the magazine almost looks as though it was published yesterday, instead of 81+ Years Ago!! It's in Wonderful condition. - $75.00

2353-1876) THE LITERARY DIGEST MAGAZINE June 16, 1928 - Volume 97, #11

Inside the article: Jail Breaking With Houdini, "THE ESCAPE KING"

Spread out over just under 4 of these large pages, a great bio story on Houdini.

Photos of Houdini as a young man; his wrists chained; last photo of he and Bess taken together; and one of Houdini with Sarah Bernhardt, who begged Houdini to please use his magic to replace her leg.

Very good reading and quite above average on the Houdini articles you'd see in magazines of this nature.

Magazine measures approx. 8 1/2"x12". - $75.00

2354-5247) LEGERDEMAIN, A Magazine of Magic

Published monthly by John Fabjance. Bethalto, Illinois. Fabjance Studios.

41 issues make up a complete file.

This offering is for 38 of the 41 issues:

V1, N1-12 - February 1977 - January 1978
V2, N1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12 - spanning the dates of March 1978 - n.d.
V3, N1,2(mis-numbered as N1),3,6,7,8,9/10,11,12 - spanning the dates of n.d. - February 1981
V4, N1,2,3,4,5 - spanning the dates of March-July 1981

Those on the cover include:

U.F. Grant - Gene DeVoe - Aldini - Bill Severn - Fred Haenchen - Jack Chanin - Russ Walsh - Fr. Paul Zipfel - Frank Everhart - Mike & Sandy O'Dowd - Bob Starkes - Roy Mayer - Don Tanner - Harold & Marion Theper - Roger Linden - Doug Henning - Albert Goshman - Earl Ray Wilcox - Bill Baird - J.B. Bobo & Lillian - Bev Taylor - Brooks Anderson - Neil Foster - Harry Blackstone, Sr. - David Ginn - Ray-Mond - Paul Gertner - Ken Griffin & Roberta - Gene Gordon - Geoffrey Hansen - Ballen Brothers - Van Cleve - Walter B. Gibson - Zovello - The Nortons - Neil Foster - Lynn Covey & Michelle

Magazines measure 8 1/2"x11". - $75.00

2355-1352) MANDRAKE THE MAGICIAN ORIGINAL RADIO BROADCASTs RECORD LP ALBUM. Produced by George Garabedian and released by Mark 56 Records of Anaheim, California back in the 1970s.

The record contains the First Two "Mandrake The Magician" Original radio broadcasts.

Sit back, relax and listen to: Mandrake The Magician. - $25.00

2356-2943) BOOKISHLY YOURs

A reproduction of an exceedingly scarce (possibly unique) booklet privately produced by the legendary magical bibliophile J. B. Findlay documenting his collection photographically.

Each photo shows a "group" of his collection:

Group One shows posters and engravings, Groups Two, Three, Four and Five show his bound books, including two shelves of Professor Hoffmann titles and a row of all the Goldston titles, Groups Six and Seven show his periodicals, Group Eight shows foreign titles and memorabilia, Group Nine shows miniature books, catalogues and bibliographies, Group Ten shows a "plethora of paperbacks", Group Eleven shows "a HIVE OF HOCUS POCUS" (17 different editions!), Group Twelve shows a pyramid of scarce and rare pamphlets, mostly in English but with some in a number of foreign languages, Group Thirteen shows oversize books, curios and apparatus.

Each photographed group is accompanied by a short descriptive paragraph. There is an additional page of notes on the collection (which then measured over 300 shelf feet!) and there is a final photo showing a portion of the collection. Findlay friend and noted magical scholar F. William Kuethe penned a graceful three page introduction about Findlay and his collection (which was dispersed in 4 separate auction sales!).

A "Foreword" by publisher George Daily, recounts the provenance and features of the original volume, now in his collection, and from which this reproduction was made. A Findlay bookplate fittingly is reproduced as the frontispiece.

5 1/2" x 8 1/2". PaperBound. Gilt title on front cover.

Limited to 300 hand numbered copies, this is copy #198. - $25.00

2357-4682) THE COSMOPOLITAN Magazine. April 1900. Volume 28, #6.

On page 645 begins a fascinating article by Henry Ridgely Evans entitled:

"Robert-Houdin - Conjurer, Author and Ambassador"

Includes a great photo of Houdin and his signature just below this.

There are illustrations showing:

The Talking Bust
How the Talking Bust Was Worked
Houdins Trick Table
Lithographed Invitation
Ticket Designed by Houdin
The Trick-Pulley
Houdins Stage

A very well written account of Houdin by one of the leading writers of the time, Henry Ridgely Evans.

Hard to believe this magazine will turn 108 Years Old in April. - $75.00

2358-4514) MICKEY MOUSE MAGICIAN PLATE.

Walt Disney "Happy Birthday Mickey" 1928-1978. This Limited Edition plate, from 30 years ago, measures 10 1/2" in diameter and is as new as the day it was made. Even the box is in Great Shape. Produced by Schmid, The Creative Hand, in Randolph, Massachusetts.

Mickey commands a rabbit to come out of the hat, and the rabbit is holding a birthday cake. Great graphics and color. - $45.00(Purchased two from the same source. Keeping one to hang on my wall, selling one)

2359-1573) HOUDINIs HISTORY OF MAGIC IN BOSTON 1792-1915. Researched and Written for Houdini by H.J. Moulton. A Facsimile of the Original Manuscript. Introduction by Milbourne Christopher. Illustrated with Rare Playbills from the Christopher Collection. Copyright 1983. Published by Meyerbooks. Glenwood, IL. HardBound with 157pages.

This is the work Houdini had commissioned in 1918 from H.J. Moulton. Moulton had been a veteran researcher at the Boston Public Library.

A fascinating account (and the best one volume source of information) of magicians, ventriloquist, jugglers and other wonder workers appearing in Boston during the years 1792-1915. Moulton would produce and deliver the information to Houdini in sections. Houdini had planned to use the Moulton research in his history of magic, one of the many projects not completed when he died, at the age of 52, in Detroit on October 31, 1926.

Milbourne Christopher obtained the Original 'manuscript sections' from Leo Rullman, who had acquired them from Mrs. Bernard M.L. Ernst (the wife of Houdini's lawyer and good friend). And the rest is history, the information was finally published in 1983, some 25 Years Ago.

Previous owners BookPlate, on the inside cover. On a scale of 1-10, I would call this book a 9. It's a beauty!! - $85.00

2360-7458) MAJOKE Magazine. A 'spoof of the magazine: MAGIC.

Published by Dan Harlan et al. back in 1998. This issue contains a massive 96 pages. Just some of the funnies include: National Magic Conventions (B.U.M. and S.P.A.M.) - An Eyeful of JISM - The Snapper (Sticky J is at it again...) - Worlds Lamest Magic - From the Preditor (Scam Allen) - ZZZZzzzz (Keez Snoozenburg) - Markupplace (Michael Blose) - Convections (Scott Swells).

And I cant even go into the hilarious advertisements without probably getting in trouble. Ha!!

If you haven't had a GOOD Laugh in a while, you definitely NEED to read this magazine. - $25.00

2361-8305) Inside The Mediums Cabinet by Joseph Dunninger. Copyright 1935 - stated First Edition. Published in New York by David Kemp and Co.

HardBound with DustJacket (in protective mylar holder) and 228pages. DustJacket has a piece missing here and there, but the book itself, is in great condition.

Chapters include: Introduction - Magicians Versus Mediums - The Millionaire Medium - The Houdini Message - The Message That Missed - The Case of Mrs. Werner - Madam Taylor - Nino Pecoraro - The Pecoraro Test Seances - The Pecoraro Confessions - My Seances with Frank Decket - Medical Mediumship - Around the Psychic Circles - Mediums in the Hauptmann Case - Mediums at Work - Where the Trumpets Come From - A Summary of Spiritualism - Appendix.

As the book states: "A daring expose' of fraudulent mediums and trickery of so-called supernatural phenomena. The author strips away the abracadabra and veil of secrecy surrounding the latest refinements in spirit manifestations, ghost writing, trances, levitation, and kindred phenomena, and exposes the seamy side and naked workings of the psychic racket with its dramatic and humorous side lights."

Book measures approx. 5 1/2"x7 1/2".

In checking my notes, I haven't had this title to offer in four years. - $75.00

2362-1597) Ken Brooke's Magic, The Unique Years

Published by Edwin Hooper of Supreme Magic. England.

Copyright 1980. Hardbound with DustJacket and 222pages.

Chapters include: Foreword (by Harry Stanley) - Wisdom, Advice and a Recommended Book - Ken on Kards - Fun Magic - Something, Things with Silks - Classic Egg Bag and Linking Rings - Bottles and Bills - Coin Capers - Packet and Other Card Tricks - Sponges - Ken Brookes Card Act - Some of Kens Favorites - Three Cups, One Cup.

As Edwin Hooper puts it:

Wherever possible, I have kept the instructions almost exactly as they were, except of course that where special apparatus was used, this has been fully detailed. -- I have endeavored to keep each and every article A COMPLETE LESSON IN MAGIC ON ITS OWN. -- In addition to effects actually originated by Ken, I have included some of those great contemporary effects which he routined and performed to perfection, in the Unique Studio and at their demonstrations, and in his own programme.

Book measures approx. 8 1/4"x10 1/4".

A wonderful book on Ken Brooke and his magic. - $65.00

2363-7737) THE MARVELOUS CREATIONS OF JOSEFFY by David P. Abbott.

Copyright 1908. Published in Chicago by The Open Court Publishing Company. SoftBound with 24pages. As can be seen from the photo below, the cover has some tears and small paper loses. Kind of expected, since the book is now 100 Years Old!!

Joseffy (Mr. Freud), an Austrian who was born in Vienna and came to this country when he was nineteen.

David P. Abbott discusses Joseffy's: Rising Card From A Glass Goblet - Lifelike Talking Skull - The Enigmatic Cube - The Congress of Nations.

There are over a dozen photos showing these Wonderful illusions. - $75.00

2364-9725) SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN MAGAZINE from February 1924.

For you Collectors of material on Mediums, this is right up your alley. A fine article, spread out over seven pages on native Italian and resident of New York, NINO PECORARO.

The article is entitled: Our Psychic Investigation Advances. We Find a Medium Whom We Cannot Characterize as a Conscious Fraud by J. Malcom Bird, Secretary to the Committee of Judges.

The article covers Nino's being tested three times by the Committee. The first two, Pecoraro appears to have powers. For the third test, HOUDINI is brought in and ties up Pecoraro. This time he is so securely tied, virtually nothing happens.

The Pecoraro event is also covered in Ken Silvermans book, Houdini, The Career of Erich Weiss, thus showing even Mr. Silverman thought this event important enough to include in his book.

Now you can own the Actual Article as published by the Committee in 1924. There are three great photos of Pecoraro. The first showing him tied by Houdini (in the third test) and the other two photos have to do with the second testing.

This is a large size magazine (from 84 years ago), in that it measures 11"x14". The covers are loose and the back cover is a little shorter, at the top.

There's, also, an article (spread out over four pages) on breaking into safes, "The Romance of the Lock, Its Development, and the Means to Beat It, From the Earliest Days". - $75.00

2365-8374) MAGIC BOOK by Milbourne Christopher

Copyright 1977 and published by Thomas Y. Crowell Company in New York City.

Contents Include:

Magic and Magicians - Direction and Misdirection - Match Magic - Handkerchief Hocus-Pocus - Money Magic - Mental Magic - Two-Person Telepathy - Book Test - Conjuring with Cards - Rope Mysteries - Magic for Youngsters - Miscellaneous Magic.

HardBound with DustJacket and 240pages.

Book measures approx. 7 1/4"x9 1/2". - $25.00

2366-4578) STILL WORKING ALONE by Danny Archer.

Self published, in March 1994, by Danny in Denver, Colorado.

PaperBound with 20pages. Measures approx. 6 3/4"x8 1/2". Previous owner has made notations on the inside back cover.

Contents Include:

Strange Exchange - Par For The Course - Barrel Of Fun - Bicycle Box Built For Two - China Pitcher - Triple Threat - The Dating Game - Lost and Smelled - Instant Stooge.

There is a mix of close-up and stand-up effects with a little mentalism thrown in for good measure. - $15.00

2367-3743) MANDRAKE THE MAGICIAN PUZZLE

The photo, below, is a little washed out, since the puzzle box is still cello wrapped. The box has been torn, at what I'll call the 9 o'clock area, near Mandrake's neck.

Produced by King Features Syndicate, Inc. in 1966.

From what I can put together (no pun intended), there are four separate puzzles, which when assembled make a Mandrake The Magician comic strip measuring 7"x37".

I could have taken the cello wrap off and obtained more information, but I prefer to leave material just the way it was produced - this one some 40+ years ago. - $25.00

2368-2639) Houdini Fabulous Magic. By Walter B. Gibson & Morris N. Young.

Hardbound with DarkGreen colored DustJacket.

Measures approx. 5 1/2"x8 1/4".

Original copyright 1961. This edition fifth printing 1968.

Has Red colored cloth covers. 214 pages. Published by Chilton Book Company of Philadelphia.

Chapters include:

The Substitution Trunk - Houdinis Handcuff Act - Houdinis Jail Escape - Houdinis Card Scaling - The Straitjacket Escape - The Needle Trick - Houdinis Box Escapes - The Milk Can Escape - Other Milk Can Escapes - The Mailbag Escape - Walking Through a Brick Wall - The Vanishing Elephant - The Orange Tree - Houdinis Radio Illusion - The Giant Card Star - The Buried Box Escape - Pillory Escapes - Underwater Escapes - The Water Torture Cell - About Houdini.

All this and over 55 Illustrations and photographs. - $25.00

2369-9636) MAGICOL Magazine, Old Series - Volume 2, #1 - November 1951

Articles include:

Magicana Stumps Museums - Houdini Story Planned Again - Dr. Young Resumes Magicol Editorship - Colemans Host September Meeting - Register of Exhibitors 1951 IBM-SAM Convention - Roll of New Members - Bishop(Washington Irving) Controversy Rived - Esperanto Magic Magazine, Miro by Jose Famadas - Full two page article by Milbourne Christopher: HOUDINI MAN OF LETTERs - Early Advertising by J.B. Findlay - New Conjuring Publications - List of Dealers In Out-Of-Print and Used Books On Magic And Related Fields - Back page has Classified and larger box advertisements.

Outside of being folded in half (probably for the mailing envelope), this magazine is in NearMint/Mint condition. - $35.00

2370-6178) HOUDINI On The Covers Of MAGICOL Magazine

a) Issue #57 - November 1980 - Cover shows Houdini (in motoring togs on the right) looking under the hood of a car. - Two page article inside by Mario Carrandi: "Houdini's Last Sale?" Has to do with the Rose Banano sale. The photo, on the cover, came from this sale. - $15.00

b) Issue #104 - August 1992 - The Cover shows the clay bust of Houdini. - Inside is a one and a half page article by Robert Lund, "Spendthrift Harry". - This is followed by an half page article, "Houdini's Life Insurance". - John Morrison has three pages on the 23rd Magic Collector's Assn. convention, held in Houdini's first American hometown of Appleton, Wisconsin. - $15.00

c) Issue #129 - November 1998 - The Cover shows a photo of Houdini with Charles Carter and Allan Shaw in front of the Tivoli in Australia, where Houdini was appearing. Great photo of the three, not to mention the Houdini Poster behind them, which is probably extinct and not available from any source, at any price. - There's also an article inside by Sid Fleischman: "The Houdini-Mooser Connection". This contains two pages of text and three pages of Houdini memorabilia. - $15.00

2371-8716) HOUDINI On The Covers Of The Magic SYMbol Magazine

a) Volume 3, #6/7 - April/May 1987 - Column, on the left, all about Houdini. Plus, another paragraph, on the next page, concerning an upcoming Houdini TV special. - $12.50

b) Volume 5, #7 - July 1989 - Cover shows promotional photo of Houdini and his young niece, Marie Blood. - Small article next to photo: "Houdini...He Was Just Uncle Harry To Me" by Marie Blood. - On the next page is a nice photo of Marie Blood with Dixie and Jennifer Dooley. - $12.50 (I can also provide this Marie Blood signed Houdini photo for $75.00)

c) Volume 5, #11 - June 1989 - Photo of The Outagamie Museum, on the cover, with article about the museum and the hosting of Sidney Radner's Houdini collection. Article continues on the first half of the next page. Also a nice photo of Dixie Dooley with Sid Radner. - Under "Dailey's Dates" is a quarter page article discussing when Bess and Harry Houdini started to date. - $12.50

(One of the last two listings, one must be mis-numbered, since the covers show #7 as July 1989 and #11 as June 1989)

d) Volume 6, #12 - December 1990 - Cover shows a photo from Houdini's movie, "The Master Mystery". There's a one-third page article, on the next page, by Marie Blood: "Houdini, The Master Mystery". - $15.00

e) Volume 8, #5 - May 1992 - Cover shows a photo of Houdini sitting in his bi-plane. Also, on the cover: "HOUDINI, The Pilot" by Frank W. Dailey. This article continues onto all of page 2 and half of page 3. There's a half page photo of Houdini flying the bi-plane on page 2, as well. Touches on Houdini's 1909 flight, in Germany, before his history making Australian flight.- $15.00

2372-9238) JIM BENTLEY -IS- HOUDINI

This poster measures 11"x17" and portrays California's own, Jim Bentley, appearing at The Curtis Theatre as:

HARRY HOUDINI, The Man, The Myth, The Magic

If memory serves, this poster is from the 1990s.

I've several photos, below, showing the poster.

The first one (and a little washed out) is an over all view of the poster, taken with my digital camera.

The other three photos are images from my scanner and much truer to the actual color of the poster. Maybe not quite as dark.

The second photo is a close up of the center of the poster.

The last two photos are close ups of the top and bottom of the poster.

This Striking Poster shows three photos of Mr. Bentley's HOUDINI.

The center photo, the famous HOUDINI glare, with right hand shadowing a portion of the face.

The photo, near the upper left corner, shows Bentley/Houdini standing next to the Milk Can escape.

The last photo, near the lower right corner, shows Bentley/Houdini being place into a Strait-Jacket.

The photo, near the lower left corner, is a photo of Houdini having just released himself from a Strait-Jacket.

The poster boast:

"Nothing on Earth can hold Jim Bentley as the Death-Defying HARRY HOUDINI"

There's some damage to the lower right corner. The poster was torn and repaired with scotch tape.

The BONUS of this offering, in the lower left corner, the poster has been hand signed twice by Jim Bentley:

HOUDINI

JIM BENTLEY

I don't believe I've ever seen one of these posters offered. - $35.00

2373-4195) FIRST DAY ISSUE OF THE NEW 37cent HOUDINI STAMP. 20 stamps come to a sheet.

The Houdini stamp sheet was first issued at the 2002 Society of American of Magicians convention in New York on July 3rd.

The Houdini stamp was officially dedicated at the convention, with Houdinis niece Marie Blood in attendance. David Copperfield was there, too.

If you didn't pick up a sheet of these Wonderful Houdini stamps, almost 6 years ago, here's your chance. - $12.50

The portrait on the Harry Houdini stamp, which depicts a confident, self-assured man at the height of his career, was taken from a 1911 lithographed poster in the collection of Gary H. Mandelblatt. Designed by Richard Sheaff of Scottsdale, Arizona. The stamp contains a hidden image which, when viewed through the official U.S. Postal Service Stamp Decoder, appears to wrap Houdini in chains.
GranHoudini

Postby GranHoudini » 03/26/08 10:22 AM

GranHoudini wrote:My WebSite was updated Saturday morning (March 15, 2008).

If you're in my data base, then you received the email telling about the update.

If you're NOT in my data base and would like to receive future monthly emails - please click here:

Houdini374@aol.com to request my monthly emailing.

Some of the items have sold, as the buyers in my data base have the opportunity to make purchases first.

With that said, please click on the link below to go to my WebSite:

www.GranHoudini.net

Please email if you've any questions, etc. on any of the items.

Thanks,

Sparky

STEPHEN A. SPARKS
Stephen A. Sparks Collectibles
Specializing in Houdiniana
P. O. Box 1345
Spring, Texas 77383-1345 USA

281-353-1014 (Phone and/or Fax)
281-827-4001 (Cell)

Email: Houdini374@aol.com

Ebay's: Gran*Houdini

=====
While I'm here - here's the text only list:

2349-7536) ZINGONES RECORDED CARD TRICKs.

Distributed in 1939 by Magic Record Co., New York City.

This offering includes Volume 1 (three record LPs) and an fourth LP. Plus, the original album, which holds the LPs.

These, almost 10", records feature one effect on each side.

The four LPs contain the following effects:

#1"Mind Reading Trick (Coincidence)" and #2 "The Magic Name".

#102 "Card In Pocket" and #103 "Novel Discovery".

#104 "Coincidence" and #105 "The Grain of Wisdom".

#106 "The 'G' Man Card" and #107 "Revealo".

The record has a photo insert of Louis Zingone, himself.

All the above is the good news. The bad news is all LPs are cracked/broken, as can be seen in the photo's below.

Please click any 'thumbnail' photo to bring up the larger photo - then click your back arrow to return to this page.

The first photo shows the first two LPs, the second photo shows the other side of the LPs, which have been taped.

According to person, whom I purchased these from - the one side can still be played.

OK, back to the good news - in the past, when I've had Zingone LPs for sale, I had no trouble in selling them for $35.00each.

Had the LPs, in this offering, not been broken - I probably would have asked at least $150.00 for the lot. But, since this isn't the case, I will price this lot at $50.00( Four LPs -and- the album holder for the LPs)

2350-5540) THREE NonMAGIC MAGAZINEs WITH "MAGIC THEMED" COVERs

a) THE FARM JOURNAL Magazine for November 1926. Volume 50, #11.

A Magician in full tux, holding a magic wand in his left hand. His right hand holding a rabbit by its ears - as if having just produced it from the farm boys hat. The boy is holding the hat between his two hands and his face has a look of wonder as to how the Magician just performed this miracle. On top of the Magicians table an empty glass, a couple balls and a top hat with silks draped over the hats edge. On the floor are playing cards scattered about.

Great period piece from the 1920s.

b) MAD Magazine Number 182 for April 1976.

The one, the only - Alfred E. Newman on the cover as a magician, pulling a rabbit out of the top hat.

Not to be outdone, the rabbit is pulling Alfred out of his top hat, as well - who's, also, holding another top hat and just starting to pull out another rabbit.

c) COLLIERs Magazine - May 20, 1939

Great cover of a magician, on stage, levitating his assistant - and - reading his magic book "Magic Self Taught, Lesson 2" - as if he's come this far and doesn't know how to proceed. ***Sorry, this item has SOLD***

Three magazines from the 1920s, 30s, and 70s. - $35.00/each

2351-1359) THE MAGICIAN Monthly Magazine

Edited monthly by Will Goldston, et al in Liverpool and London, England.

This offering is for 32 issues spanning the dates of December 1910 thru November 1921.

Volume 7, #1,2,3,4 - Spanning the dates of December 1910 thru March 1911

Volume 13, #3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 - Spanning the dates of February thru November 1917
(Slits running through the magazines, as if bound at one point in time.

Volume 14, #1,2,3,4,5,6,7 - Spanning the dates of December 1917 thru June 1918
Thanks to wide margins, no text, photos, etc. are affected.
Issue #7 back cover loose with a few pieces missing from the border edges)

Volume 17, #2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 - Spanning the dates of January thru November 1921
(#s 2 thru 6 have been hole punched on the left side.
Thanks to wide margins, only very minor (very minor) text loss; photos, etc. aren't affected)

Houdini shown as the President of The Magician's Club of London, in all but four issues.

Hold on, I just came across another batch:

Volume 25, #10 - September 1929

Volume 31, #1,2,4,6,10, - Spanning the dates of December 1934 thru September 1935
The 24th Annual Banquet of the Magic Circle - Rhoderiques - Cecil Earthy - Yun Len Tu - A VERY YOUNG Kuda Bux

Volume 32, #4,6,8,10(2),12 - Spanning the dates of March thru November 1936
Oswald Williams and Mary Maskelyne - Fred Brezin - Fred Montague - Milbourne Christopher(2) - Douglas Swanson

Volume 33, #1,6,8,9,11 - Spanning the dates of December 1936 thru October 1937
Robertson Keene, Alex Gordon, Francis White, Will Blyth - Harold Holden - John R. Boyce - Bridger Lewis - Sir Julien Cahn

49 total assorted issues (and not 32) of this Wonderful British publication. - $250.00

2352-9323) THE LITERARY DIGEST Magazine November 20, 1926 - Volume 91, #8.

Inside, spread out over four pages, is the article (with a total of four photographs):

"THE MAN WHO LAUGHED AT LOCKSMITHs"

A GREAT biographical article on Harry Houdini, published only 20 days after his passing on October 31, 1926.

As can be seen from the photos, below, the magazine almost looks as though it was published yesterday, instead of 81+ Years Ago!! It's in Wonderful condition. - $75.00

2353-1876) THE LITERARY DIGEST MAGAZINE June 16, 1928 - Volume 97, #11

Inside the article: Jail Breaking With Houdini, "THE ESCAPE KING"

Spread out over just under 4 of these large pages, a great bio story on Houdini.

Photos of Houdini as a young man; his wrists chained; last photo of he and Bess taken together; and one of Houdini with Sarah Bernhardt, who begged Houdini to please use his magic to replace her leg.

Very good reading and quite above average on the Houdini articles you'd see in magazines of this nature.

Magazine measures approx. 8 1/2"x12". - $75.00

2354-5247) LEGERDEMAIN, A Magazine of Magic

Published monthly by John Fabjance. Bethalto, Illinois. Fabjance Studios.

41 issues make up a complete file.

This offering is for 38 of the 41 issues:

V1, N1-12 - February 1977 - January 1978
V2, N1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12 - spanning the dates of March 1978 - n.d.
V3, N1,2(mis-numbered as N1),3,6,7,8,9/10,11,12 - spanning the dates of n.d. - February 1981
V4, N1,2,3,4,5 - spanning the dates of March-July 1981

Those on the cover include:

U.F. Grant - Gene DeVoe - Aldini - Bill Severn - Fred Haenchen - Jack Chanin - Russ Walsh - Fr. Paul Zipfel - Frank Everhart - Mike & Sandy O'Dowd - Bob Starkes - Roy Mayer - Don Tanner - Harold & Marion Theper - Roger Linden - Doug Henning - Albert Goshman - Earl Ray Wilcox - Bill Baird - J.B. Bobo & Lillian - Bev Taylor - Brooks Anderson - Neil Foster - Harry Blackstone, Sr. - David Ginn - Ray-Mond - Paul Gertner - Ken Griffin & Roberta - Gene Gordon - Geoffrey Hansen - Ballen Brothers - Van Cleve - Walter B. Gibson - Zovello - The Nortons - Neil Foster - Lynn Covey & Michelle

Magazines measure 8 1/2"x11". - $75.00 ***Sorry, these magazines have SOLD***

2355-1352) MANDRAKE THE MAGICIAN ORIGINAL RADIO BROADCASTs RECORD LP ALBUM. Produced by George Garabedian and released by Mark 56 Records of Anaheim, California back in the 1970s.

The record contains the First Two "Mandrake The Magician" Original radio broadcasts.

Sit back, relax and listen to: Mandrake The Magician. - $25.00

2356-2943) BOOKISHLY YOURs

A reproduction of an exceedingly scarce (possibly unique) booklet privately produced by the legendary magical bibliophile J. B. Findlay documenting his collection photographically.

Each photo shows a "group" of his collection:

Group One shows posters and engravings, Groups Two, Three, Four and Five show his bound books, including two shelves of Professor Hoffmann titles and a row of all the Goldston titles, Groups Six and Seven show his periodicals, Group Eight shows foreign titles and memorabilia, Group Nine shows miniature books, catalogues and bibliographies, Group Ten shows a "plethora of paperbacks", Group Eleven shows "a HIVE OF HOCUS POCUS" (17 different editions!), Group Twelve shows a pyramid of scarce and rare pamphlets, mostly in English but with some in a number of foreign languages, Group Thirteen shows oversize books, curios and apparatus.

Each photographed group is accompanied by a short descriptive paragraph. There is an additional page of notes on the collection (which then measured over 300 shelf feet!) and there is a final photo showing a portion of the collection. Findlay friend and noted magical scholar F. William Kuethe penned a graceful three page introduction about Findlay and his collection (which was dispersed in 4 separate auction sales!).

A "Foreword" by publisher George Daily, recounts the provenance and features of the original volume, now in his collection, and from which this reproduction was made. A Findlay bookplate fittingly is reproduced as the frontispiece.

5 1/2" x 8 1/2". PaperBound. Gilt title on front cover.

Limited to 300 hand numbered copies, this is copy #198. - $25.00

2357-4682) THE COSMOPOLITAN Magazine. April 1900. Volume 28, #6.

On page 645 begins a fascinating article by Henry Ridgely Evans entitled:

"Robert-Houdin - Conjurer, Author and Ambassador"

Includes a great photo of Houdin and his signature just below this.

There are illustrations showing:

The Talking Bust
How the Talking Bust Was Worked
Houdins Trick Table
Lithographed Invitation
Ticket Designed by Houdin
The Trick-Pulley
Houdins Stage

A very well written account of Houdin by one of the leading writers of the time, Henry Ridgely Evans.

Hard to believe this magazine will turn 108 Years Old in April. - $75.00

2358-4514) MICKEY MOUSE MAGICIAN PLATE.

Walt Disney "Happy Birthday Mickey" 1928-1978. This Limited Edition plate, from 30 years ago, measures 10 1/2" in diameter and is as new as the day it was made. Even the box is in Great Shape. Produced by Schmid, The Creative Hand, in Randolph, Massachusetts.

Mickey commands a rabbit to come out of the hat, and the rabbit is holding a birthday cake. Great graphics and color. - $45.00(Purchased two from the same source. Keeping one to hang on my wall, selling one) ***Sorry, this item has SOLD***

2359-1573) HOUDINIs HISTORY OF MAGIC IN BOSTON 1792-1915. Researched and Written for Houdini by H.J. Moulton. A Facsimile of the Original Manuscript. Introduction by Milbourne Christopher. Illustrated with Rare Playbills from the Christopher Collection. Copyright 1983. Published by Meyerbooks. Glenwood, IL. HardBound with 157pages.

This is the work Houdini had commissioned in 1918 from H.J. Moulton. Moulton had been a veteran researcher at the Boston Public Library.

A fascinating account (and the best one volume source of information) of magicians, ventriloquist, jugglers and other wonder workers appearing in Boston during the years 1792-1915. Moulton would produce and deliver the information to Houdini in sections. Houdini had planned to use the Moulton research in his history of magic, one of the many projects not completed when he died, at the age of 52, in Detroit on October 31, 1926.

Milbourne Christopher obtained the Original 'manuscript sections' from Leo Rullman, who had acquired them from Mrs. Bernard M.L. Ernst (the wife of Houdini's lawyer and good friend). And the rest is history, the information was finally published in 1983, some 25 Years Ago.

Previous owners BookPlate, on the inside cover. On a scale of 1-10, I would call this book a 9. It's a beauty!! - $85.00

2360-7458) MAJOKE Magazine. A 'spoof of the magazine: MAGIC.

Published by Dan Harlan et al. back in 1998. This issue contains a massive 96 pages. Just some of the funnies include: National Magic Conventions (B.U.M. and S.P.A.M.) - An Eyeful of JISM - The Snapper (Sticky J is at it again...) - Worlds Lamest Magic - From the Preditor (Scam Allen) - ZZZZzzzz (Keez Snoozenburg) - Markupplace (Michael Blose) - Convections (Scott Swells).

And I cant even go into the hilarious advertisements without probably getting in trouble. Ha!!

If you haven't had a GOOD Laugh in a while, you definitely NEED to read this magazine. - $25.00

2361-8305) Inside The Mediums Cabinet by Joseph Dunninger. Copyright 1935 - stated First Edition. Published in New York by David Kemp and Co.

HardBound with DustJacket (in protective mylar holder) and 228pages. DustJacket has a piece missing here and there, but the book itself, is in great condition.

Chapters include: Introduction - Magicians Versus Mediums - The Millionaire Medium - The Houdini Message - The Message That Missed - The Case of Mrs. Werner - Madam Taylor - Nino Pecoraro - The Pecoraro Test Seances - The Pecoraro Confessions - My Seances with Frank Decket - Medical Mediumship - Around the Psychic Circles - Mediums in the Hauptmann Case - Mediums at Work - Where the Trumpets Come From - A Summary of Spiritualism - Appendix.

As the book states: "A daring expose' of fraudulent mediums and trickery of so-called supernatural phenomena. The author strips away the abracadabra and veil of secrecy surrounding the latest refinements in spirit manifestations, ghost writing, trances, levitation, and kindred phenomena, and exposes the seamy side and naked workings of the psychic racket with its dramatic and humorous side lights."

Book measures approx. 5 1/2"x7 1/2".

In checking my notes, I haven't had this title to offer in four years. - $75.00

2362-1597) Ken Brooke's Magic, The Unique Years

Published by Edwin Hooper of Supreme Magic. England.

Copyright 1980. Hardbound with DustJacket and 222pages.

Chapters include: Foreword (by Harry Stanley) - Wisdom, Advice and a Recommended Book - Ken on Kards - Fun Magic - Something, Things with Silks - Classic Egg Bag and Linking Rings - Bottles and Bills - Coin Capers - Packet and Other Card Tricks - Sponges - Ken Brookes Card Act - Some of Kens Favorites - Three Cups, One Cup.

As Edwin Hooper puts it:

Wherever possible, I have kept the instructions almost exactly as they were, except of course that where special apparatus was used, this has been fully detailed. -- I have endeavored to keep each and every article A COMPLETE LESSON IN MAGIC ON ITS OWN. -- In addition to effects actually originated by Ken, I have included some of those great contemporary effects which he routined and performed to perfection, in the Unique Studio and at their demonstrations, and in his own programme.

Book measures approx. 8 1/4"x10 1/4".

A wonderful book on Ken Brooke and his magic. - $65.00

2363-7737) THE MARVELOUS CREATIONS OF JOSEFFY by David P. Abbott.

Copyright 1908. Published in Chicago by The Open Court Publishing Company. SoftBound with 24pages. As can be seen from the photo below, the cover has some tears and small paper loses. Kind of expected, since the book is now 100 Years Old!!

Joseffy (Mr. Freud), an Austrian who was born in Vienna and came to this country when he was nineteen.

David P. Abbott discusses Joseffy's: Rising Card From A Glass Goblet - Lifelike Talking Skull - The Enigmatic Cube - The Congress of Nations.

There are over a dozen photos showing these Wonderful illusions. - $75.00

2364-9725) SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN MAGAZINE from February 1924.

For you Collectors of material on Mediums, this is right up your alley. A fine article, spread out over seven pages on native Italian and resident of New York, NINO PECORARO.

The article is entitled: Our Psychic Investigation Advances. We Find a Medium Whom We Cannot Characterize as a Conscious Fraud by J. Malcom Bird, Secretary to the Committee of Judges.

The article covers Nino's being tested three times by the Committee. The first two, Pecoraro appears to have powers. For the third test, HOUDINI is brought in and ties up Pecoraro. This time he is so securely tied, virtually nothing happens.

The Pecoraro event is also covered in Ken Silvermans book, Houdini, The Career of Erich Weiss, thus showing even Mr. Silverman thought this event important enough to include in his book.

Now you can own the Actual Article as published by the Committee in 1924. There are three great photos of Pecoraro. The first showing him tied by Houdini (in the third test) and the other two photos have to do with the second testing.

This is a large size magazine (from 84 years ago), in that it measures 11"x14". The covers are loose and the back cover is a little shorter, at the top.

There's, also, an article (spread out over four pages) on breaking into safes, "The Romance of the Lock, Its Development, and the Means to Beat It, From the Earliest Days". - $75.00

2365-8374) MAGIC BOOK by Milbourne Christopher

Copyright 1977 and published by Thomas Y. Crowell Company in New York City.

Contents Include:

Magic and Magicians - Direction and Misdirection - Match Magic - Handkerchief Hocus-Pocus - Money Magic - Mental Magic - Two-Person Telepathy - Book Test - Conjuring with Cards - Rope Mysteries - Magic for Youngsters - Miscellaneous Magic.

HardBound with DustJacket and 240pages.

Book measures approx. 7 1/4"x9 1/2". - $25.00

2366-4578) STILL WORKING ALONE by Danny Archer.

Self published, in March 1994, by Danny in Denver, Colorado.

PaperBound with 20pages. Measures approx. 6 3/4"x8 1/2". Previous owner has made notations on the inside back cover.

Contents Include:

Strange Exchange - Par For The Course - Barrel Of Fun - Bicycle Box Built For Two - China Pitcher - Triple Threat - The Dating Game - Lost and Smelled - Instant Stooge.

There is a mix of close-up and stand-up effects with a little mentalism thrown in for good measure. - $15.00 ***Sorry, this item has SOLD***

2367-3743) MANDRAKE THE MAGICIAN PUZZLE

The photo, below, is a little washed out, since the puzzle box is still cello wrapped. The box has been torn, at what I'll call the 9 o'clock area, near Mandrake's neck.

Produced by King Features Syndicate, Inc. in 1966.

From what I can put together (no pun intended), there are four separate puzzles, which when assembled make a Mandrake The Magician comic strip measuring 7"x37".

I could have taken the cello wrap off and obtained more information, but I prefer to leave material just the way it was produced - this one some 40+ years ago. - $25.00 ***Sorry, this item has SOLD***

2368-2639) Houdini Fabulous Magic. By Walter B. Gibson & Morris N. Young.

Hardbound with DarkGreen colored DustJacket.

Measures approx. 5 1/2"x8 1/4".

Original copyright 1961. This edition fifth printing 1968.

Has Red colored cloth covers. 214 pages. Published by Chilton Book Company of Philadelphia.

Chapters include:

The Substitution Trunk - Houdinis Handcuff Act - Houdinis Jail Escape - Houdinis Card Scaling - The Straitjacket Escape - The Needle Trick - Houdinis Box Escapes - The Milk Can Escape - Other Milk Can Escapes - The Mailbag Escape - Walking Through a Brick Wall - The Vanishing Elephant - The Orange Tree - Houdinis Radio Illusion - The Giant Card Star - The Buried Box Escape - Pillory Escapes - Underwater Escapes - The Water Torture Cell - About Houdini.

All this and over 55 Illustrations and photographs. - $25.00 ***Sorry, this item has SOLD***

2369-9636) MAGICOL Magazine, Old Series - Volume 2, #1 - November 1951

Articles include:

Magicana Stumps Museums - Houdini Story Planned Again - Dr. Young Resumes Magicol Editorship - Colemans Host September Meeting - Register of Exhibitors 1951 IBM-SAM Convention - Roll of New Members - Bishop(Washington Irving) Controversy Rived - Esperanto Magic Magazine, Miro by Jose Famadas - Full two page article by Milbourne Christopher: HOUDINI MAN OF LETTERs - Early Advertising by J.B. Findlay - New Conjuring Publications - List of Dealers In Out-Of-Print and Used Books On Magic And Related Fields - Back page has Classified and larger box advertisements.

Outside of being folded in half (probably for the mailing envelope), this magazine is in NearMint/Mint condition. - $35.00 ***Sorry, this item has SOLD***

2370-6178) HOUDINI On The Covers Of MAGICOL Magazine

a) Issue #57 - November 1980 - Cover shows Houdini (in motoring togs on the right) looking under the hood of a car. - Two page article inside by Mario Carrandi: "Houdini's Last Sale?" Has to do with the Rose Banano sale. The photo, on the cover, came from this sale. - $15.00 ***Had two, one has SOLD***

b) Issue #104 - August 1992 - The Cover shows the clay bust of Houdini. - Inside is a one and a half page article by Robert Lund, "Spendthrift Harry". - This is followed by an half page article, "Houdini's Life Insurance". - John Morrison has three pages on the 23rd Magic Collector's Assn. convention, held in Houdini's first American hometown of Appleton, Wisconsin. - $15.00 ***Had two, one has SOLD***

c) Issue #129 - November 1998 - The Cover shows a photo of Houdini with Charles Carter and Allan Shaw in front of the Tivoli in Australia, where Houdini was appearing. Great photo of the three, not to mention the Houdini Poster behind them, which is probably extinct and not available from any source, at any price. - There's also an article inside by Sid Fleischman: "The Houdini-Mooser Connection". This contains two pages of text and three pages of Houdini memorabilia. - $15.00 ***Had two, both have SOLD***

2371-8716) HOUDINI On The Covers Of The Magic SYMbol Magazine

a) Volume 3, #6/7 - April/May 1987 - Column, on the left, all about Houdini. Plus, another paragraph, on the next page, concerning an upcoming Houdini TV special. - $12.50

b) Volume 5, #7 - July 1989 - Cover shows promotional photo of Houdini and his young niece, Marie Blood. - Small article next to photo: "Houdini...He Was Just Uncle Harry To Me" by Marie Blood. - On the next page is a nice photo of Marie Blood with Dixie and Jennifer Dooley. - $12.50 (I can also provide this Marie Blood signed Houdini photo for $75.00)

c) Volume 5, #11 - June 1989 - Photo of The Outagamie Museum, on the cover, with article about the museum and the hosting of Sidney Radner's Houdini collection. Article continues on the first half of the next page. Also a nice photo of Dixie Dooley with Sid Radner. - Under "Dailey's Dates" is a quarter page article discussing when Bess and Harry Houdini started to date. - $12.50

(One of the last two listings, one must be mis-numbered, since the covers show #7 as July 1989 and #11 as June 1989)

d) Volume 6, #12 - December 1990 - Cover shows a photo from Houdini's movie, "The Master Mystery". There's a one-third page article, on the next page, by Marie Blood: "Houdini, The Master Mystery". - $15.00

e) Volume 8, #5 - May 1992 - Cover shows a photo of Houdini sitting in his bi-plane. Also, on the cover: "HOUDINI, The Pilot" by Frank W. Dailey. This article continues onto all of page 2 and half of page 3. There's a half page photo of Houdini flying the bi-plane on page 2, as well. Touches on Houdini's 1909 flight, in Germany, before his history making Australian flight.- $15.00

2372-9238) JIM BENTLEY -IS- HOUDINI

This poster measures 11"x17" and portrays California's own, Jim Bentley, appearing at The Curtis Theatre as:

HARRY HOUDINI, The Man, The Myth, The Magic

If memory serves, this poster is from the 1990s.

I've several photos, below, showing the poster.

The first one (and a little washed out) is an over all view of the poster, taken with my digital camera.

The other three photos are images from my scanner and much truer to the actual color of the poster. Maybe not quite as dark.

The second photo is a close up of the center of the poster.

The last two photos are close ups of the top and bottom of the poster.

This Striking Poster shows three photos of Mr. Bentley's HOUDINI.

The center photo, the famous HOUDINI glare, with right hand shadowing a portion of the face.

The photo, near the upper left corner, shows Bentley/Houdini standing next to the Milk Can escape.

The last photo, near the lower right corner, shows Bentley/Houdini being place into a Strait-Jacket.

The photo, near the lower left corner, is a photo of Houdini having just released himself from a Strait-Jacket.

The poster boast:

"Nothing on Earth can hold Jim Bentley as the Death-Defying HARRY HOUDINI"

There's some damage to the lower right corner. The poster was torn and repaired with scotch tape.

The BONUS of this offering, in the lower left corner, the poster has been hand signed twice by Jim Bentley:

HOUDINI

JIM BENTLEY

I don't believe I've ever seen one of these posters offered. - $35.00 ***Have three, one has SOLD***

2373-4195) FIRST DAY ISSUE OF THE NEW 37cent HOUDINI STAMP. 20 stamps come to a sheet.

The Houdini stamp sheet was first issued at the 2002 Society of American of Magicians convention in New York on July 3rd.

The Houdini stamp was officially dedicated at the convention, with Houdinis niece Marie Blood in attendance. David Copperfield was there, too.

If you didn't pick up a sheet of these Wonderful Houdini stamps, almost 6 years ago, here's your chance. - $12.50 ***Sorry, this item has SOLD***

The portrait on the Harry Houdini stamp, which depicts a confident, self-assured man at the height of his career, was taken from a 1911 lithographed poster in the collection of Gary H. Mandelblatt. Designed by Richard Sheaff of Scottsdale, Arizona. The stamp contains a hidden image which, when viewed through the official U.S. Postal Service Stamp Decoder, appears to wrap Houdini in chains.
GranHoudini

Postby GranHoudini » 03/26/08 10:25 AM

I've updated the list - just email with your orders or questions. - Thanks - Sparky -
GranHoudini

Return to Collector's Marketplace