David Roth Wed. May 31st at Fantasma

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Postby Guest » 05/14/06 03:16 PM

We are pleased to be officially open and welcome alll to come and experience our new magic venue located at 421 7th Ave. Entrance on West 33rd Street. On May 31st, we will be having our in house Ambassador of Magic David Roth doing a lecture with brand new material. The lecture is $25 and will take place at 7 PM. We are pleased that David is working for Fantasma 5 days a week and welcome all to come and say hi. Future lectures are Jeff Mcbride June 10th, Darwin Ortiz June 21st and many, more suprirses. To hold a space and get preferred seating email thorsten@fantasmatoys.com

Postby Guest » 05/24/06 11:54 AM

Fantasma Magic Lecture Series

"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world"
-- Dai Vernon

David Roth is well known as the World's Greatest Coin Manipulator. His technical skill and creativity, along with his polished and charming
presentation, have won him many of the top awards and honors in the field of close-up magic, including, Magic Castle's Academy of Magical Arts: Lecturer of the Year, Close-up Magician of the Year, and Visiting Magician of the Year. He has been seen on David Letterman's Late Show and has been touring with Ricky Jay's smash Broadway Show, "Ricky Jay and His 52 Assistants."

As well as being one of the most sought after performers in the magic world, David's best selling books, videos and DVDs are considered bibles in coin magic. Here is what the Professor, Dai Vernon, said about David: "First let
me state that David Roth has an amazing ability when performing with coins. He is truly a genius. I have been fortunate to have enjoyed the confidence and friendship of the leading exponents of coin manipulation of the past. T.
Nelson Downs, Allan Shaw, Manuel and Welch Miller all specialized in this branch of magical art. To the very best of my judgment, David's ideas and
execution far surpass any one of them. I feel quite certain that if they could witness his performance, they would be not only astounded, but realize that they had seen a master."

In his lecture David will perform and teach wonderful coin magic and elegant coin flourishes suitable for performance in all kinds of settings and for all skill levels. Some surprise non-coin items will also be featured.

This is your chance to learn from the best coin expert worldwide.

David Roth Lecture
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
7:30 pm

$25 per person

Fantasma Magic
421 Seventh Avenue, 2nd Floor,
Entrance on 33rd Street
Right across from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station
New York, NY 10001
Phone: 212-244-3633

All tickets are available by advanced purchase only.

First come, first serve.

Four ways to get your ticket:

1. Phone Registration. Please call 212-244-3633 and have your credit card information ready.

2. Fax Registration: Fax your credit card information to 212-924-8126. Dont forget to mention what lecture you are interested in and how many tickets you need.

3. E-Mail Registration: Send an e-mail to thorsten@fantasmatoys.com

4. Walk in registration: You can also come by the store (421 Seventh Avenue, 2nd Floor, Entrance on 33rd Street) and pay by credit card or cash. Fantasma Magic is open Mon.-Sat. 11am 7pm and Sun. 11am 5pm.

We look forward to seeing you.

Thorsten Happel
Director of Retail Operations
Fantasma Magic

Postby Guest » 05/29/06 06:29 PM

Fantasma Magic's upcoming lecture series is offering all magicians across the board a great opportunity to see great magicians. I was at the Fantasma shop this afternoon and spoke with David Roth and he is excited about doing this lecture that will contain a lot of surprises and non-coin material. It will be geared for all skill levels.

I can't wait for Wednesday night!!

Postby Guest » 05/31/06 11:14 PM

So, for those who had this great opportunity to attend, how was it? What's new? Do tell, do tell!

luigimar

Postby Guest » 06/01/06 11:19 AM

David was great last night!! Simon Lovell and I agreed that it was the best Roth lecture we had ever seen him give. He was unusually relaxed, techniques were flawless, and answered all questions giving time for everyone. Highlights included his Hanging Coins, Coins Across and his great Chop Cup routine with the new Fantasma Chop Cup repleat with a surprising Buddah doll production!!

The Fantasma Magic team are to be commended for their unique vision in upcoming lectures and magic products available to all magicians. Roger Dreyer/CEO of Fantasma Magic/ showed me a great 'double door' die box and some stage and close up production boxes to be released in the upcoming weeks. All are sturdily built and tastefully decorated with subtle oriental motifs.

Great, Great, Great!!!

Postby Guest » 06/04/06 08:57 PM

It was a great lecture. The space is really conducive to teaching, and David coverered much more than I could possibly retain. A nice mix of tricks, theory, moves, and the evolution (or more accurately -- intelligent design) of them. I'd give it two thumbs up, but that would be a dead giveaway that I'm working on my classic palm :)

Postby Brian Marks » 06/05/06 10:33 AM

considering he produced a Budda statuette, the reincarnation of tricks since reincarniated coin magic.
Brian Marks

Return to Magician's Local Hangouts