Aaron Fisher Seminar Midwest Magic 11/11/06

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Postby Guest » 11/02/06 07:31 AM

On Saturday November 11, 2006 at 6:00 PM, Midwest Magic in Franklin Park, Illinois is Proud to Present:

The Aaron Fisher Seminar
Get ready to change the way you think about card magic. Just like a good magic effect, the magic will take place in your own hands

"My name is Aaron Fisher, and I want to tell you about a new kind of lecture.

It all started about two years ago when the Hermetic Press published my first book, The Paper Engine. The first printing surprised us all by selling out in only a few months. Around that time, I began giving lectures to magic societies.

I put together a traditional lecture, much like the magic lectures I grew up with. I would perform a trick, and then explain it. Id do another, and then explain it. I would continue this way all night long. I performed the most visual material in the book - stuff that always gets a great response.

But I could tell the lecture was not meeting its full potential. Something was missing. During the teaching portions of the lecture, I could feel the energy slipping from the room. If youve been to more than a couple magic lectures, you know what I mean. After a while, I started to understand why."

"You see, people go to a magic show to be involved - for interaction. Magic must engage the audience. People dont watch good magic; they participate." -Aaron Fisher

"Unfortunately for many, at some point in a magic lecture, the show stops and the teaching begins. No longer do the spectators participate. First they watch and listen. Then they yawn. And before you know it, they spend the rest of the night counting tiles on the ceiling.

Truth #1 The real secrets of magic dont lie in the explanation of a method, or a new technique. The important secrets, the ones which will change your magic, involve the audience. They concern the audiences attention and how it works.

Of course, many of us do study both technique and audience psychology. But we tend to study them as two distinct and separate disciplines. First we practice in front of the mirror. Then later, we think about performance. When we divide our energy this way we miss the target. We must join the two disciplines. Our technique and our audience are bound together - you will find the salvation of one in the study of the other. Audience understanding must dictate our every technical choice, right down to the finger and the joint. Amazingly, this river flows both ways. Small technical lessons can teach us volumes about how to interact with our audience.

The traditional lecture format makes it next to impossible to tackle these complex issues. To help magicians experience real growth, we must change the very structure of the magic lecture. Instead of a traditional lecture, you'll take part in an interactive workshop. Through this seminar approach, we'll make sure every participant takes home something he can really use. Some items are designed for easy application - you will use the immediately. Other concepts will expand your mind. Over time they'll become a part of your personal approach to magic. Youll apply them for the rest of your life."

Tickets are $20 and reservations are highly recommended, so call Midwest Magic at 847-455-4288 today!

For more information on Aarons Seminar, go to--http://aaronfishermagic.com/lecture_and_convention_info.htm

Postby Guest » 11/06/06 07:48 AM

Coming up this Saturday.

Starting to fill up. I would suggest you call or stop in for your reservation today.

See you there.

Postby Guest » 11/11/06 08:35 PM

What a great lecture...and I've seen many. If you get a chance to see it don't miss Aaron's lecture !!!

p.s.- Next week is the 3rd. Saturday of the month. Free hot dog day (with ALL the fixings) at Midwest Magic from 12:00 - 2:00.

Return to Magician's Local Hangouts