Washington DC places for magic

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Postby Guest » 06/15/07 11:25 AM

Hi Folks,

A friend will be in DC in a few days.

Any suggestions for a good magic shop or exhibition?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Postby Richard Kaufman » 06/15/07 12:06 PM

The only magic shop in the immediate area is Barry's Magic in Wheaton, Maryland, which is on the Metro (subway) red line.

Not sure if Mark Phillips, Bob Sheets, and Alain Nu are still doing their performances out in Gaithersburg, but that's tough to get to without a car (I think).
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Guest » 06/16/07 11:06 AM

Thanks, my friend will have a car. other ideas?

Postby Guest » 06/18/07 02:33 AM

Barry's Magic Shop is closed at the moment. They were required to move from Wheaton to Rockville. If all goes well, the Rockville store (3 times bigger than the last store) will be open at the end of July.

Here is the pdf of the most recent I.B.M. Ring 50 that has some ideas for you but it is indeed to difficult to catch magic here on any day of he week. It is more limited to a few times per month.

See: http://ibmring50.homestead.com/files/Ma ... y_2007.pdf

Postby Guest » 06/18/07 01:11 PM

The Comedy & Mystery Society is indeed still doing shows. Visit our new website at www.comedymysterysociety.com. We have a show this Saturday night, June 23rd, at 8PM; Performers include yours truly, Mike Goeller and David Morey. Let us know if your friend needs any more info.

Mark

Postby Guest » 06/18/07 01:13 PM

He's out there in a couple of days this week and I've been forwarding him your suggestions.

Thanks folks,

Jon

Return to Magician's Local Hangouts