Respect For Magic (Robert Moreland)

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Postby Guest » 07/12/07 06:18 PM

Here's my latest video project, a short documentary "Respect For Magic", about my buddy Robert Moreland. Robert is an absolutely excellent close up guy, and this features his thoughts and a performance, including the Cloud Change.
It's part of the Magic Theater documentary/show done in cooperation with SC ETV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQP8Ab0sAo
(It's still a rough cut, you'll see the lighting is so-so...comments are very welcome!)

John Tudor

Postby Guest » 07/12/07 11:39 PM

I would debate the statement that "David Blaine is every bit as popular as Houdini was."

That's wrong on so many levels including historically.

Postby Matthew Field » 07/13/07 02:25 AM

I really enjoyed the film, John.

Robbie Morreland is one of the finest magicians I know. I spent some time with him at a Second Deal convention a few years ago, and he was in a group visiting London that I invited to The Magic Circle earlier this year. His Cloud Change is a thing of beauty, but all of his work is excellent.

Robbie cares deeply about magic, not about inflated ego, and I think that comes across very well in your film.

Matt Field
Matthew Field

Postby Guest » 07/17/07 01:06 PM

...still curious as to what magicians here think about the Robbie Moreland clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQP8Ab0sAo
It's part of a larger documentary that has yet to be broadcast, that I'm rolling out bit by bit on the web. It's gotten good reviews thus far.
In particular, besides the excellent magic, his ethical viewpoint of "respect for magic" is unique and refreshing.
(tho, for the record, I agree about the Blaine statement)

Postby Doug Brewer » 07/17/07 02:35 PM

Excellent. Enjoyed it alot.
Doug Brewer

Postby Pete Biro » 07/17/07 02:54 PM

Good stuff!!
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Terry » 07/17/07 05:22 PM

His magic is very very good.

The card trick had a presentation that made sense and his version of matrix is really different and direct.
Terry

Return to Link Watch