Chicago opener on Break

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Postby Ian Kendall » 10/24/07 10:49 AM

Hi all,

Just a wee heads up to say that Break.com have a video of the Chicago Opener on their front page, and say that they will expose it tomorrow.

Deep joy.

Take care, Ian
Ian Kendall

Postby Marc Rehula » 10/25/07 05:57 AM

The guy makes the trick come off as dreadfully dull. Even the performance reduces it to a mere 'trick'.
Marc Rehula

Postby Guest » 10/25/07 07:19 AM

Originally posted by mrehula:
The guy makes the trick come off as dreadfully dull. Even the performance reduces it to a mere 'trick'.
Isn't that what one would expect? If the guy performing it put a lot of his personality into it and made it a great performance that got big reactions, then he wouldn't wish to expose an effect that he he'd made his own.

Thus if someone exposes a magic trick publicly simply for the sake of exposing it, then I wouldn't expect the performance to be very good.

Dave

PS - I haven't watched it, and I have no wish to. I make no comment on the performance, merely on my expectations of the performance.

Postby Guest » 10/25/07 07:52 AM

If this is the same video I saw, then it's what got me into magic (along with Eric Mead in The Aristocrats). The trick was amazing, and it looked so easy to do!

After practicing for six months, I performed that "easy" trick for the first time the other day. It was worth the wait.

///ark

Postby Brandon Hall » 10/25/07 09:29 AM

No one does this like Whit!

http://www.whithaydn.com/video_clips.htm
"Hope I Die Before I Get Old"
P. Townshend
Brandon Hall

Return to Link Watch