Campbell's Cube-Off

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Postby Guest » 09/30/06 08:12 AM

Campbell's Cube-Off, looks like a great effect:
Watch a video: http://www.macsmagic.com/ccreview.htm

Postby Guest » 09/30/06 03:27 PM

I can't get the video to play but it sounds like

an old trick called Vampire that was in all the

catalogs when I was a kid........Mike

Postby Guest » 10/01/06 01:11 AM

If you download the latest Windows Media PLayer I think you can watch the movie!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... fault.aspx
or
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... fault.mspx

Postby Rick Ruhl » 10/01/06 02:22 PM

Those pants just make the video sell.

;)
Rick Ruhl

Postby Guest » 10/16/06 02:39 AM

Does nobody have anything to say about Campbell's Cube-Off? Honest, my trousers have nothing to do with the trick.

Postby Guest » 10/16/06 03:30 AM

Originally posted by Campbell McRae:
Does nobody have anything to say about Campbell's Cube-Off? Honest, my trousers have nothing to do with the trick.
And the gaffus survives the "let me see that thing" inspection?

Postby Guest » 10/16/06 03:57 AM

This shouldn't be cofused with the Vampire Magic Block penetration or the later version called Batman Block released by Supreme Magic, although I suspect the principle is similar.

Methodically this is superior as he shows the back and front of the tube, and once the rod is through, you can hold the apparatus by the rod alone.

I'm only going by what I've seen on the video but it looks excellent value for money.

Incidentally, I performed Supreme's Batman Block effect at least five thousand times and with the correct pointing and timing you get gasps from the audience, even young children.

There is no reason why you shouldn't get the same reaction with this.

Postby Guest » 10/16/06 09:03 AM

Thanks Quentin, you've just made my day. Now check out the following:
1) easy to perform
2) suitable for close-up or stage.
3) safe to perform surrounded.
4) adaptable for audience participation.
5) instantly repeatable.
6) free of all unnatural handling.
7) truly magical to the audience.
8) absolutely reliable.
9) robust & durable.
10) good value for money.

Postby Guest » 10/16/06 10:46 AM

Mr. McRae: I think it looked great! I don't foresee laymen understanding the principal. With an appropriate story/setup, it would be very entertaining and magical as stand-up for 5 to 9 yr olds and adults.

And thanks, Mike, Kjell, and Quentin for the constructive comments!

Jonathan: Maybe it's an American vs. Scottish thing, but despite Mr. McRae's comment re close-up, this is obviously a stand-up / kid show routine, where examination is not an option.

Postby Guest » 10/16/06 12:12 PM

Steve. Thanks for your comments. The only negative about the close-up claim, is that you need a poacher's pocket(the original 'Topit'?)to carry the trick in. Apart from that, it can be performed inches from your audience.

Postby Dave Andrews » 10/16/06 05:25 PM

Whilst this has nothing to do with what appears to me to be a great effect from a clean handling point of view, it would satisfy my curiosity.
Are you the Campbell McRae that used to do a dove act all those years ago, or is that just my wishful thinking?

Best wishes,

Dave
Dave Andrews

Postby Dave Andrews » 10/16/06 05:27 PM

Well darn it!
I just checked your profile .... and there you are!
How pleased am I, then!

Dave
Dave Andrews

Postby Guest » 10/17/06 02:44 AM

Hello Dave.

Great to here from you. Campbell's Cube-Off is a long way from the stuff I used to do. Is the ART of magic still alive? I don't see many stage/cabaret acts these days.

All the best.

Return to Link Watch