Why is Genii Magazine is more prefered than other magic magazine ?

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Postby Guest » 01/09/03 11:58 PM

Hi everyone,

I would like to order magic magazine but i am i n doubt that i am not sure which type of magazine should i order ? This is due to there are lots of other magic magazine in the market...
For example which is MAGIC Magazine and Genii Magazine which are the more popular and recognize magazine....

Therefore could you guys tell which is Genii the prefered magazine than any other magic magazine in the Market and WHY ?

Thanks for view and comment.

LIyao

Postby Steve V » 01/10/03 12:04 AM

Both Magic and Genii are very well produced magazines and they compliment each other nicely. Which is better depends on the preference of the reader. Magic is lighter in nature, covers personalities, kind of like People Magazine. Genii is more trade oriented and covers more detailed issues and historical aspects. It's kind of like Time...

I've grown to enjoy Genii more because I really enjoy the historical aspects it covers and for the most part they have some excellent columns. I read Magic because they also have excellent columns and writers but if I had to chose, and luckily I don't, I would go with Genii.
Steve V
Steve V
Steve V

Postby Guest » 01/10/03 02:39 AM

Both magazines are great, although i've probably got more copies of Genii than Magic. However, one thing that Magic lacks, as far as i am aware, is a forum like this where you can discuss, query and learn more and more about the various articles, features and effects that each issue of Genii carries. It complements the magazine very well and greatly adds to its shelf life and value.

HappyTrickster

Postby Richard Kaufman » 01/10/03 08:54 AM

One of the essential differences between Genii and MAGIC is in the length of the main feature articles. I look at the articles in MAGIC, which are often only a few thousand words long, and think that Genii is just getting into the meat of the subject when the article in MAGIC ends.
This is a personal preference: no magazine in the history of our field has ever had feature articles the length of those which run in Genii on a regular basis. I'm glad many people enjoy reading them.
The model for MAGIC is the magazines you get in the seat pocket on an airplane: nothing too long, nothing too deep, and trying to appeal to the widest possible audience.
Genii takes an entirely different approach to its feature articles. I think my readers are smart people who want to really know a lot about our subjects--and that's what I give them whenever possible.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » 01/10/03 08:56 AM

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
Genii takes an entirely different approach to its feature articles. I think my readers are smart people who want to really know a lot about our subjects--and that's what I give them whenever possible.
Thanks! We appreciate it! :)

-Jim
Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Pete McCabe » 01/10/03 12:38 PM

I can tell you one other difference, at least for me.

I read every Genii and almost every Magic. And when I see a trick (or move, etc.) that I like, I tear it out and file it away.

A few months ago I went through the file and put everything into a three-ring binder. 85% of the material in this file was from Genii.
Pete McCabe

Postby Pete Biro » 01/10/03 04:53 PM

Genii seems to have more magic in it as well... I like both formats, one for People type BS and the other for in-depth writing and the great photos in the recent issue!!! :D :D :D
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Richard Kaufman » 01/10/03 08:42 PM

Oh, Pete, you're too modest. See you in Vegas tommorrow!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Return to General